DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What cool RJ stuff do you have?

bluecole

It's funny how posts begat posts, huh?

I wanted to see what cool RJ stuff other people have. I met him at JOseph Beth's in Charlotte, on the KoD tour (And if the chick who took my picture with him and forgot to send it is on this board, I hope karma was kind to you!)

Of course, I got all my HB books signed, (more on that later) the big white book, New Spring, and i think a comic.  By far,the coolest thing was a RUSSIAN 1st edition of tEotW. ( i think it was broken into two parts, like the young reader version) I got a good bt of KoD promo material, but i don't think any of that was signed.  I just saved it.

I live out side of Atlanta, (SW side) so it was a good drive up there. I packed all my books into a rolling suitcase, put htem in the front seat of my truck, (it usually goes in the back when i go to work).

I got to JB several hours before, and went to California Pizza Kitchen near the bookstore.  I remember thinking i should limit my self to only one beer, b/c I had a list of questions to ask him off of Stone Dog's board.  I didn't want to slur in front of the Creator, after all.

I ate, and then went to the signing.  There was only 25-30 people there, and i was shocked.  I thought there would be a huge crowd, and I'd only get one or two books signed.  I think he did a reading, then the Q&A.  I got a couple of RAFO's, a couple of laughs, and he started signing.

I went through the line once, asked him if he'd sign some others, went out to my truck, got back in line and he signed those.  When i asked the second time, he wanted to know which ones i had.  When i told him all of them, he just grinned, and said sure.  So here i come, rolling this small suitcase thru JB's, lugging it up the stairs, and setting up an assembly line with the bookstore girl.  He thought the Russian 1st Ed. was pretty cool.

Before i met him, i wasn't sure what to expect.  I had seen the DJ photos, but he looked so. . . .normal.  I thought he was a little thinner than the photos, but he was so COOL in person.  I also got to meet Harriett, and i regret to this day i forgot to bring her a gift certificate to our children's store.  (Next time, though. . . )  You know, a Creator is supposed to be all thunder, lightining, and clouds.  He was just a normal man with a cane and a cool hat.

Sorry for making it so long. . . i should have done two threads, i guess.

Thanks,

B.

Archived