DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Ginger!

Froix

Guest Froix

Welcome Ginger! I believe you have been at the offboard sites. The MG (Marshal General of the Band) will be here shortly to give you the official spiel if he hasn't yet. While you wait...

*hands Ginger a drink of Bandy*

Cavalry official drink. Best in the Band! Feel free to visit the local tavern (The Stumbling Soldier)

Hey Ginger, welcome, nice to see you.

here, have this flaming shot, it's the official archer drink.

*passes her a flaming shot*

join the archers, one reason is, there are many more females in the archers than in any group. No, that is not why I picked them. You could join the infantry, there's at least one girl in there...lol, the Cavalry has about 1/2 and 1/2, but the archers are most active by far.

awww poor ginger... we forgot to warn you about the archer's "drink"!!! Well.. not too late to warn you about the infantry. Their brew is made from toilet water! As any Cav or Archer and we'll tell you the truth about that!

Anyway, welcome to the Band, and I look forward to seeing you stop by in the Cavalry!

oh, poor Ginger.. be nice to your sister Talmanes :wink:

and ginger, no one can force you to drink tht foul latrinewater that is Infant brew. unless you are a mean MG called Corki.. *grumbles*

*drinks lots and lots and lots of battle brew*

*shakes head* what are these poor boys doing to you (excluding SeiCair of course)

here hun *hands Ginger a flaming shot* you may want to blow the flames out first untill you get use to it. Its the best drink by far, but the flames take some getting use to, us archers like things hot besides with a name like Ginger, I'm sure you enjoy a little spice in your life as well :wink: . Only a few elite can belong to our regiment, but I think you will fit in with us just fine once you have completed your Raw Recruit days.

Regardless of which division you choose, you have chosen to be a part of the BEST org here on DM, we have loads of fun and enjoy playing pranks on each other (which is the archers specialty by the way)

And a word to the wize, don't listen to the Calvary or the Infantry, they don't have the sense god gave a goose.

Guest Cadsuane

V, I'm so glad you're back! lol!! :lol:

And, besides being the "bet" org on DM, it's also the BEST!! :wink:

hmmm, like me, thats how I earned one of my many names.

ok, so Spacey and Cumadrin were sort of annoying me, and...

Footy: Hell, Goldy! If I were you, I'd channel, hanging them all upside down by their toes! All that would happen would be you get one of your four freebies filled....

Did I just say that out loud? I need another drink until my internal monologue is back on!

Maybe I should try and channel

Bears down really hard, concentrating deeply

*Nothing*

Tries again

*Farts*

Guess not!

Footy:Small idea

NEW TAVERN

Goldy: hangs Cuma upside down in plain sight, and puts footman up there too after a moment adds Spacey*

*spares Chaelca the humiliation, since she was just punished and come to think of it there isn't any reason to put her up there*

Hey footy whats wrong with this tavern

Goldy: Hey spacey I'm channeling now and there's noone can punish me for it. good idea footy.

*gets an infantry brew and sits down to watch the men on the ceiling*

Goldy: don't worry :D guys I'll let you down after a while.

Goldy: now that i think about it my angreal is right here.

*pulls out the angreal and shows it to the upsidedown patrons*

Goldy: well better hide this angreal before others come.

*runs out and returns the angreal to its hiding spot*

*returns 1/2 an hour later and resumes the taunting* :D

Then Vorkia came and wrecked everything up.

I didn't wreck everything, I just did my job! Besides, whats the point of getting into micheif unless you can get out of it by using your free strikes. You should be happy you had that, I never had any freebies when I first joined the band.

At last you get your official spiel post! I would have done it on Friday, but I got dragged away for dinner by my parents, and then ended up watching the football! Anyway, here is the official spiel:

*official spiel*

Welcome Ginger! An email explaining important information about the Band is currently sitting in your inbox! Take a read!

Basically, the Band of the Red Hand is the Travel and Music ORG at DM! By signing up for the Band, you have joined the successful Raw Recruit Scheme. By signing up for the off board site, you will be able to experience the whole process to the maximum! The new about to be announced Executive Officer, or I, will assign you to one of the three Regiments (Archers, Cavalry, Infantry) for a week, where you will be given various tasks to perform, hoping that you will get a picture of what time in each Regiment is like. After a week with each Regiment, you will be asked to pick your final choice of a Regiment.

While being a Raw Recruit, there is nothing stopping you from earning points like any other Band member. Points lead to promotion within the Band. Below is a list of possible ways to earn points:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newsletter, The Hornsounder

- monthly roll call in the Band's private boards at DM

- any DM project we may have (currently a Battle Project, so speak to Horn if interested)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

While being a Raw Recruit, you get 4 free strikes. This enables you to break Band Law 4 times without being punished my the Redarms, the Band's own police force. If they see any Law breaking, they will either drag you up for a trial or give you a fun spot fine to do (usually 100 lines of something witty). Channeling is a major no-no in the Band. As is spilling Battle Brew, our beloved drink! Once you have used up your 4 strikes, or join the Band's ranks officially, you will face the full force of Band law like any other Bander does!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently! Expect one soon! We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

We also have many games - at DM, which can be found in the stickies, and on the off board site as well! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your division, and can fight anyone in the Band! It is currently being revised, but the ideas will all be the same!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands Ginger a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

*/official spiel*

Archived