DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The rock of Shayul Ghul

Sylvia

Okay, a crazy thought came to me earlier. The prophecies mention something about The Dragons blood being spilled on the rocks of Shayul Ghul.

Why does that mean he has to die? I don't know about you, but when I get cut, I bleed, not nececarily die.

Idle speculation on the whole blood=death thing.

There are plenty of opinions on this subject, but I agree with you that it doesn't mean he has to die. Looking at the prophecies of the Dragon and some look like they have to be taken literally and some figuratively. It will be interesting when we find out. My opinion is that he will end up going to Shayoul Goul either during Tarmon Gaidon or after the battle and there face the Dark One. I do think he will survive.

Yeah and I think there is a prophecy saying Mat will take one of his eyes and place it on a balance scale, if I remember correctly. Do you think that will literally happen? I have read worse so I won't mind, but I think that Mat will lose his eyesight myself.

Okay, I'm glad someone is in this with me.

But then again, everyone in the books say that he HAS to die to win.....So I'm kind of on the fence about that one.....

People who say Rand has to die refer not only to this particular prophecy, but to other as well.

For example, Aelfinn answer to Rand in Tear:

"How can I win the Last Battle and survive?"

"The north and the east must be as one. The west and the south must be as one. The two must be as one. If you would live, you must die."

And so on.

Your prophesy alone, of course, doesn't say Rand has to die.  ;)

Your prophesy alone, of course, doesn't say Rand has to die.  ;)

Yeah, that's probably where I kind of went off in my own little world. I tend to forget about all the prophecies. I want to see the whole Karenthean (Sp?!?) cycle thing on its own, just so I can read it, and try to figure it out for myself. I can't make up or down of it in the little tid-bits that are mentioned every now and then.

Yeah, that's probably where I kind of went off in my own little world. I tend to forget about all the prophecies. I want to see the whole Karenthean (Sp?!?) cycle thing on its own, just so I can read it, and try to figure it out for myself. I can't make up or down of it in the little tid-bits that are mentioned every now and then.

You can surf through here: http://linuxmafia.com/jordan/4_prophecy/index.html

Good luck!  ;)

I've always figured the wound in his side would just open up and he would bleed.  Rand does take the prophecies very seriously though, so its no surprise that he takes the extremes out of them.  'Course, then there's Min's viewing of 3 women standing around him on a bier.  I forgot about that one...

Archived