DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Eqwene and the three oaths

fats_oz

it was her third doorway in the accepted test. but she has become amyrlin without swearing the oaths already so that done...

but then those doorways are hardly reliable, only a series of whatifs based on your greatest fears.

granted the scenarios seem to be well correlated to ther posible lives

I think she will take some oaths, but I think that the three will be changed slightly so that it's easier to use the power as a weapon. They need it now when they have both the Seanchan and TG coming up.

After all, the oaths is what makes a woman an AS. It wasn't in the AOL, but it seem like it's necessary now. And she has the idea of old sisters "unswearing" the oaths when they want to retire, so that will probably happen.

Ah, of course.. didn't really think of that.

But there's still the Seanchan. Many sisters will be taken as damane unless they can do something about that or make peace with them. And I'm a bit worried about a dream Egwenehad about Seanchan attacking the Tower.

Nevertheless, I think that a small change of the oaths would make it easier for the AS to fight both DF and other things that should be fought.

ah yes, the seanchan.

i think the tower will have to rely on old fashioned armies here, and maybe the odd AM. after all, the seanchan are just people following orders, it would be against the AS 'code' to attack people so much weaker than themselves. however, as soon as the first damane attacks, or sheilds a sister, the 'defence of a sister' kicks in; again, open slather...on damane anyway

But thay can't do anything against the damane before they're attacking, and that has already proved dangerous. Several sisters (i think?) got the collar because they couldn't do anything before they were actually attacked.

I doubt she would be stilled, but she probably would be repremanded, maybe sent to one of those farms in exile for a period of years. But then again, she was w/ the Wise Ones I think at that point. She was also forced to do things as a damane too. She hasn't exactly lead the normal life of an innitiate of the Tower.

Really? She broke one of the three oaths. Even if she hadnt sworn on the rod she should have at least adhered to them. If Siuan and Leane could be stilled just for knowing about Rand and not telling everyone else you dont think she could be stilled for killing people with the power when her life wasnt in danger? Honestly Siuns transgressions wernet nearly as bad. Also as far as we know the Seanchan just trained her and used her for finding minerals, not to kill people. She decided to use her power against soldiers on her own.

So what if she broke one of the Oaths she hadnt sworn? She had not sworn them. Not only that, but she could possibly have justified it to herself that she was in danger. It was a battle, there were tons of Shaido around... enough self-convincing could have gotten her around that Oath if she had sworn it. After all, the sister just has to feel that she is in danger, not actually BE in danger.

What she could be in trouble for would be claiming to be an Aes Sedai when she was only Accepted.[/i]

• 4 weeks later...

i personally think halima compelled her into the idea of the 3 oaths,since she was so opposed to them originally,but i don't think she had counted on the retirement plan.in the end though,i agree with incubate,i hate her,and since she is just a character in a book,i hope she dies

I agree that she was likely compelled to change her mind... it happened to suddenly and was way to drastic. The retirement plan is a result of her original position still trying to assert itself. And no, i dont think she will ever end up swearing them. My suspicion is that the oath rod will be destroyed or lost in the Black Ajah uprising.

As in, i believe that the Black Ajah Hunters will either discover Alviarin, or vise versa, leading to an early confrontation with the Black Ajah during which the oath rod will be lost.

Archived