DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BotRH] Classical Music Month and Other Activities

Corki

The month of March is Classical Music Month at the Band of the Red Hand. And as a result, our all main activities will have a Classical music feel to them, which I will outline below. I hope you take some time to check them out and hopefully  get involved.

"It's A Knockout" will be running for 2 weeks during March as DMers and Banders determine their favourite piece of Classical music from the 16 bits I have nominated. Each day, a knock-out tie goes up with links to YouTube and the pieces. All you need to do is listen and post your vote. It's that simple!

In order to go the thread quickly, it can be found here.

Our weekly thread "Tune or No Tune" also has a Classical feel to it. Last week saw La Serenissima by Rondo Veneziano (a modern Classical group from Venice, Italy) scrap a "Tune" vote. This week, it's a bit of opera. It is the drinking song Libiamo ne'lieti calici from Guiseppi Verdi's opera Rigoletto. It's an extremely jovial piece, and I hope you take the time to listen and vote.

In order to go the thread quickly, it can be found here.

I hope to see you around our boards and taking part in our weekly activities.

Corki

Marshal-General

Band of the Red Hand ORG Leader

For those interested, the "Classical Music - It's A Knockout" will be entering the 2nd Round tonight, with the overall winner determined by the start of next week.

Also, the latest "Tune or No Tune" is up, and continues the Classical Theme at the Band of the Red Hand. The current piece up for vote is The Aquarium from Charles-Camille Saint-Saëns' Carnival of the Animals.

Link to "Tune or No Tune"

UPDATE:

The vote for "Classical Music - It's A Knockout" is nearing the end. The 3rd/4th Play-off is up, with Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries battling Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings. Tuesday will see Gustav Holst's Jupiter battle Carl Orff O Fortuna in the Grand Final. To get involved with the vote, click here.

Also, the latest "Tune or No Tune" thread has gone up. It's the last to have a Classical feel - but it is a modern twist. It is Explosive by the electronic string quartet Bond. The thread can be found here on the Band's boards.

Archived