DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMOL Release Date

Tyrell

Far earlier than I'd have expected it. Which signified to me, that they are going ahead with the split, this first half being due in November (Likely why all these revisions are going on for the first half right now). Just my guess.

not that i'm not happy with the book cominh out and all but i really wish they wouldn't split it even if it delayed it like 6 extra months i be willing to wait just so it could be 1 book insead of 2

call me crazy but thats how i feel ;D

Brandon Sanderson estimates that the book would be 600k to 700k words when it is finished.  If the pages are the same dimensions as the ones in the current books, the paperback form would likely need to be 2 books.

Though the hardcover form might be able to be 1 volume.

Brandon has the first "half" of the book completed and has an April deadline for revisions.  Then probably another round or 2 of revisions after that still to do.  Now I can't see that taking him till mid-September.  I say mid-September because TOR have been able to get a 6 week turn around from when RJ handed in the books till they were on the shelf so if Brandon hands in AMoL mid-September it will be on the shelf in November. 

Considering he has 450k words completed right now and estimates the finished article at 750k, I can see him finishing by September.  I can say this for one main reason.  The 450k word chunk that Brandon has completed was pretty much the bulk of his work.  RJ wrote the ending before he passed away and i can see Brandon having very little work to do involving the end of the book.  Brandon does not include any work done by RJ in his % complete bars until he hits an RJ chunk and he just plops it in.  So I can see the % bars shooting up in leaps and bounds when he nears the end.

The Hardback will be 1 book.  Yes the paperback might need to be in 2 books but will probably come out as a twin book in a boxset rather than book 12 and book 13 at a later date.

Have faith people.

thekilikabeast out

The Hardback will be 1 book.  Yes the paperback might need to be in 2 books but will probably come out as a twin book in a boxset rather than book 12 and book 13 at a later date.

Usually they will publish a hardcover version first (it's more money and optomizes the profit) then a a few months later the paperback edition is published. So I think that the first half of AMOL will be published in Hardback, then a paperpaback version. The paperback version may be published just before the Hardback version of the second half of AMOL. A few months after that the paperback version of the second half of AMOL will hit the bookstores. Likely, a complete hardcopy or paperback version will be published sometime after that at a special price as a collectors edition.

Usually they will publish a hardcover version first (it's more money and optomizes the profit) then a a few months later the paperback edition is published.

i understand how books are published

So I think that the first half of AMOL will be published in Hardback, then a paperpaback version. The paperback version may be published just before the Hardback version of the second half of AMOL. A few months after that the paperback version of the second half of AMOL will hit the bookstores. Likely, a complete hardcopy or paperback version will be published sometime after that at a special price as a collectors edition.

Problem with this is: will it be AMoL Part 1 and AMoL Part 2 because that in my opinion sounds awful.

Or will it be A Memory of Light (Book 12) and Tarmon Gai'don (Book 13) or another suitable name.  The problem with this is RJ obviously never named it, although Harriot could.

I just think AMoL Part 1 and AMoL Part 2 sounds stupid if they are 2 separate books.

Something to think about. 

I just think AMoL Part 1 and AMoL Part 2 sounds stupid if they are 2 separate books.

Something to think about. 

I presume that they will name the two books something appropriate (possibly giving the first half a different name and using AMOL for the second half) however, since I have no idea as what the utimate names will be a had little choice but to describe them as AMOL part I and II.

Imagine how smart you'd look to non-readers, though.
Not very? "Surely you have better things to do with your time? Also, you're reading fantasy!" *Attempts to ward you off with the sign of the cross* If you want to look smart, I'm not sure reading RJ is the way to go. On the other hand, if you want to stop people thinking that fantasy is somehow inferior to "real" fiction, a single volume hardback of AMoL is probably a good way to go. One blow, and dissenters will be brain-damaged. Reduced to the level of the average Goodkind reader.

(possibly giving the first half a different name and using AMOL for the second half)
Or perhaps they will simply give subtitles to AMoL parts I & II:

A Memory of Light Part I: More Stuff Happens, But It's Still Not The Last Battle. Sorry.

A Memory of Light Part II: This One Really Is The Last One. Honest. We Really Mean It.

From Brandon's Blog.

I've been getting a lot of reader mail like the following lately:

Mr. Sanderson, I'm sorry if I am a little behind on the news, but I haven't heard anything about A Memory of Light and was wondering if it has already been finished and we're waiting for a release date or if it has already been released. Please let me know, I'm very eager to finish the series, thank you.

There's been a lot of buzz going around about the book lately, particularly since Tor released this widget which makes some implication about the release date of the book.

I asked Harriet if I should say anything about all of this, and her response to me was essentially "Keep on working. We'll worry about announcements."

So...well, I'm going to leave it to her and to Tor. Nothing official has been said yet, though I think that's probably because the best way to make WoT-related announcements is being discussed. JordanCon is coming up next month, and I think it's likely that Harriet and Tor would rather wait until then to make any big revelations.

Here's what I can say: I have not finished the complete manuscript. I've got about 450k words done of what I still plan to be an eventual 750k (or more) manuscript. I've spent most of January and all of February doing revisions. Harriet is pleased with what she has seen so far, but any manuscript needs a lot of work revising. Right now, we are focusing on making what we have done as good as it can be.

I will post here when official announcements are made. They'll probably appear first on Tor.com or Dragonmount. I wouldn't expect anything to appear until the first week in April at the earliest. (Third week, during JordanCon, being even more likely.)

So it seems all questions will be answered in about a month...maybe...ya think?

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif    anim-ring.gif    The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

One blow, and dissenters will be brain-damaged. Reduced to the level of the average Goodkind reader

Always knew you were a man of taste and discernment. ;) :D ;D :)

Of course. But now, I would like to apologise to anyone who was offended by my statements. It was wrong of me to say that the brain damaged are as stupid as Terry Goodkind's fans.

Usually they will publish a hardcover version first (it's more money and optomizes the profit) then a a few months later the paperback edition is published. So I think that the first half of AMOL will be published in Hardback, then a paperpaback version. The paperback version may be published just before the Hardback version of the second half of AMOL. A few months after that the paperback version of the second half of AMOL will hit the bookstores. Likely, a complete hardcopy or paperback version will be published sometime after that at a special price as a collectors edition.

Reminds me of Raymond E. Fiests first book in the Riftwar saga.  Originally, the book was HUGE, but then they seperated it into 2 paperbacks (Apprentice - Magician).

Archived