DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Long time reader, new member

Krakalakachkn

Hello all,

I live in Georgia, US.  I've been a long time fan of the site, but I've just now decided to jump into the foam pit of forums.  I hope to spend some quality time talking to people, learning more about WOT, meeting people, and generally having a great time with other WOT fans.  I'm currently in my freshman year of college, but I started reading the books in MIddle School and they've seen thorough re-readings throughout the years.  I've come to cherish WOT as the best fantasy series in the world.  An extremely close second though is David Eddings' Belgariad series.  I'm a huge book lover, and a huge movie lover, and I consider myself somewhat of an amateur expert on the latter.  So if anyone wants to get into a discussion on books, or movies, I would love for you to PM me or reply to my forum posts.  In addition to movies and books, I'm a huge lover of comics, and not the batman variety.  I consider Calvin & Hobbes the best comic strip ever created, followed by Get Fuzzy, Rhymes With Orange, Peanuts, and Pearls Before Swine.  I consider Bill Waterson, Steven Spielberg, Beethoven, and Mozart to be geniuses in their respective fields...and I consider very few people geniuses.

A little about me:

My favorite movies include Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Master and Commander, V for Vendetta, and Kingdom of Heaven.  I love all sorts of movies from classics to newer ones.  I have a rotten tomatoes account, Carter R., so feel free to friend me there.

My favorite books include Siddhartha, Narcissus and Goldmund, Steppenwolf, WOT, LOTR, basically anything by Herman Hesse, J.R.R. Tolkien, or C.S. Lewis

I love Billy Joel, most classical music including Mozart, Ludwig Van, and Debussy, Modest Mouse, Band of Horses, Celtic Woman, Enya, and I love movie scores.  My favorite current composers are Howard Shore, John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson-Williams, and James Newton Howard.  I also enjoy Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile, and Edgar Meyer.

Well, thats me.  I'm a diverse person and I hope I have a great time in the forums.

Okay, I burst out in laughter just trying to read your name!!!

I'll just call you Krak. *rotfl* like that's any better right?

Welcome to the fold, everyone here is a friendly but don't take their bribes. Unless it from me.

I love some of the movies you listed. *G*

Celtic Women... *swoons*

I have the entire LoTR Tril, movie scores I play usually while I am doing art. *G*

Welcome, Krakaluchin-thingy-o!

Dive head first into the ball-room, eh?  My kind of Kraken (can I call you Kraken?)

Anyways, here's what you need to know:  Bribes taste like jelly, Cleo's only art is in the con department (;)), and Fiddlesticks is the GREATEST FORUM ON THE SITE!  We don't have ORG status...yet...but that's okay.  We're more than an ORG anyways (but don't tell them, it'll hurt they're feelings).

So, that all said, Welcome to Dragonmount, Kraig, and have fun!

Hello all,

my name is Carter and I live in Georgia, US.  I've been a long time fan of the site, but I've just now decided to jump into the foam pit of forums.  I hope to spend some quality time talking to people, learning more about WOT, meeting people, and generally having a great time with other WOT fans.  I'm currently in my freshman year of college, but I started reading the books in MIddle School and they've seen thorough re-readings throughout the years.  I've come to cherish WOT as the best fantasy series in the world.  An extremely close second though is David Eddings' Belgariad series.  I'm a huge book lover, and a huge movie lover, and I consider myself somewhat of an amateur expert on the latter.  So if anyone wants to get into a discussion on books, or movies, I would love for you to PM me or reply to my forum posts.  In addition to movies and books, I'm a huge lover of comics, and not the batman variety.  I consider Calvin & Hobbes the best comic strip ever created, followed by Get Fuzzy, Rhymes With Orange, Peanuts, and Pearls Before Swine.  I consider Bill Waterson, Steven Spielberg, Beethoven, and Mozart to be geniuses in their respective fields...and I consider very few people geniuses.

A little about me:

My favorite movies include Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Master and Commander, V for Vendetta, and Kingdom of Heaven.  I love all sorts of movies from classics to newer ones.  I have a rotten tomatoes account, Carter R., so feel free to friend me there.

My favorite books include Siddhartha, Narcissus and Goldmund, Steppenwolf, WOT, LOTR, basically anything by Herman Hesse, J.R.R. Tolkien, or C.S. Lewis

I love Billy Joel, most classical music including Mozart, Ludwig Van, and Debussy, Modest Mouse, Band of Horses, Celtic Woman, Enya, and I love movie scores.  My favorite current composers are Howard Shore, John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson-Williams, and James Newton Howard.  I also enjoy Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile, and Edgar Meyer.

Well, thats me.  I'm a diverse person and I hope I have a great time in the forums.

Yup, I just registered a few days ago, but I love talking about the series if you ever want to PM me :p I'm in the beginning of book 9 atm.

I have no idea how I got here so late, normaly I am one of the first to say hi xD

Anyway welcome, I think you will fit right in around here :) WE have an org dedicated to movies (The Seachan I think) and I am rather surprised that I got here before the org leader xD

Oh, and LOTR does rock, but WoT is better :P

Again welcome, and have fun storming the mount!

I'm not sure...I don't know anyone going

You know me. And that's all you need to know. I'll be the tiny hysterical woman vomiting in the bathroom. Not to be confused with the very tall, hysterical woman vomiting in the bathroom. That's Muirenn. She's the Director of Programming. I don't know if anyone else is planning to vomit, but we'll need someone to hold our hair. That's where you come in.

Isn't my sales pitch smooth?

Hey there kraken, welcome to well....crack might not explain it but it sometimes comes close. Anyway welcome to dragonmount, you'll have loads of fun.

Glad to see another Georgian here. I live in Athens, a little to your northeast.

Hey there kraken, welcome to well....crack might not explain it but it sometimes comes close. Anyway welcome to dragonmount, you'll have loads of fun.

Glad to see another Georgian here. I live in Athens, a little to your northeast.

what part of athens?  In Athens itself or in Oconee or Watkinsville?  I have friends in Athens and I visit often.

I don't understand why everyone is having problems with his name.  It's like Crackalacken.

But with chicken.

*nods*

Welcome!  With your music interests, you'll definitely want to check out the Band of the Red Hand boards, too.

Archived