DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

the bare beginnings

cauthon123

i know this seems kinda over the top, considering i am a 17 year old, but, ive been writing a little of what i think is going to be MY FANTASY NOVEL in a few years time. i havent really showed this to a lotta ppl. and the guys i have shown it to loved it. heres a little intro: (oh and btw, i am hugely influenced by RJ, Eoin Colfer, etc.,) hope u like it, and names on the title are very welcome, even if its as depressing as the ones ive come up with  ;)

story is about an "evil" man, Hydir'N, who does what he judges to be right. He would burn down the whole rotting world if the thought it was the rght thing to do. He has almost no weakness. except for one woman. he is from the dragon race, he is half Fou'Ru on his mother's side.

Fou'ru is a race of intelligent women, forever doomed by the great lord of the dark to only conceive male babies.The only way to break this curse is by destroying the great stone of sin at the steep plains of Mra-Wovwate, this can only be done by a man from the dragoon clan, greater than all those before him.

No probs, looks like it could turn into an interesting story.

One small piece of advice however, is to make sure that your characters have weaknesses, be they physical, emotional or social. Hydir'N is mentioned to have almost no weakness, but i can imagine how this would make him arrogant, which in turn would give him issues with having to rely on other people who 'only get in his way'.

Again, just giving my two cents on the first thing i thought when reading your post. And who knows, with a little backstory you could even post the starting point of a scene here and see how it plays out in an RP with several people in it ;)