DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ever had any WOT dreams?

Hoop Snake

I had one myself last night, it was somewhat awesome. It was pretty much a loose copy of the original flight from the Two Rivers. The firt part I remember was my farm being in ruins from an attack, it was night, a massive storm was in progress, Tam and I were sludging in the mud around the house, then me, my two buddies and Moiraine and Lan were on a wild flight (on our feet) up a narrow muddy track that took some time, chased by some nameless evil thing. Somewhere along the line (as is the fashion of dreams) Lan was giving me one of his valuable lessons that he does when he unbends. Anyhow, we came to Taren Ferry and bunked down for the night past it, everybody pitching a tent some way apart from each other in the bush. The next morning we regrouped and that is all I remember.

It was all pretty vague, the characters didn't exactly say, "Hi, I'm Moiraine and I'm wearing a blue gem on my forehead", but they had the same role and feel to them. The emotions in it were detailed though, it got the whole shellshocked thing when looking at the ruined farm, the fear of pursuit and then hiding for the night hoping nothing found us. It was one of those dreams where I woke up surprised and pissed off that I was in the real world rather than still wherever I woke up from.

So yeah, anybody else had a similar thing?

Wow, you are one WEIRD dude...

However, so am I! And maybe a little more so.

I've had three dreams that have been WoT-related, mostly because of reading in bed, falling asleep and then acting out the books.

I'd been listening to Oasis a lot, and reading WoT a lot, which sparked a kind of movie soundtrack music video... Rand and Mat and Perrin were essentially one entity composed of three parts, and thus, the dream contained no I, but a We. It was Bel Tine (in other words, the morning after Winternight) and we were just walking our horses through the forest, and there was a panoramic shot (yes, the view went from first-people to third-person) of the Two Rivers, the camera rising out of the company and out of the trees and then over the landscape... and somehow, although the verse was never repeated, it never went any further than this throughout the dream:

Is it any wonder that princes and kings

Are clowns acaper in their sawdust rings

Ordinary people that are like you and me

We're the builders of their destiny...

Which coincided with a fade in-out to Loial explaining ta'veren.

There was another one where my dad, as Ishamael, tried to kill me.

Then there was one with my cat, whilst reading aCoS. My cat, Bijou, is a year and a half old. He is the runt of the litter, and he is INSANE.

The Bij

Every exposed bit of skin on this cat is either pink or black. Seriously. His nose is divided neatly, surgically precise, half-pink and half-black. The pads above his dewclaw (the little claw higher up on the leg) are pink on the right side and black on the left. It's perfectly symmetrical, which is strange. He is a tux, and a little bit of white even forms a rudimentary collar. He has not only one eyebrow, but said eyebrow is composed of but a single hair, that sticks up like crazy above his left eye.

The description is done.

He is neurotic and crazy. He's a better developed human than a cat, tries to speak, and his mews have inflection, as he tries to imitate us (like: mew mu MEW mew, mewww, mew?). He has nearly given himself a heart attack being tricked by a little bastard of a kid with a laserlight. Sitting on the banister of the staircase, he freaks out if you try and save him from a 15-foot drop, and will gaze down intently, until he sees his his twitching tail hanging under himself and will proceed to attack it, thus hanging himself up on the staircase by his middle, which, luckily, leaves him unable to prevent being saved. His daughter bullies him. He opens doors. He tries to KNOCK on doors, albeit soundlessly. Is there a picture in your head now?

So The Bij is in Rand's head, rather than Lews Therin. He rants strange things, taken from LTT, and then descends into his own rantings about "ooohhhh, the BOX!"

TOLDJA I was weirder.

I have many WoT dreams... im a vivid dreamer, and incidently, its were i get most my ideas for my stories. there was one night where i tossed and turned all night, and pretty much dreamed myself in as a character for most the series.

In the most recent of my WoT-dreams I was attacked by Liandrin. Not a pleasant experience, since she channeled... ^^

But I got pissed off when I woke up and found that I was in the real world and not Randland ^^.

Guest Cadsuane

Yeah, I'm like Danya. I don't have dreams about WoT so much as about people/situations here on DM! And only twice that I can remember... :? :lol:

I have WoT dreams all the time. I always read the books before bead so im always dreaming of how things could have been done different. And other things.

I dreamt of my closes friends and what type of ajah they would be. And they would all pass through this one building and come out wearing a swhal in the color of ajah they had, and they same color of clothing in randland style. While in that dream too, i dreamt of the black ajah (dont know who) attacking us. I remember specifcally one of my friends who was a brown, running around a corner of the wierd building and straight for me so we could link. But then i woke up.

One other i have alot is of Egwene, Nynave, Elayne, and Min when Egwene was help daman. I dreamt instead of them all fleeing the building after the rescue, they released all the "sane" damane and chainded the sul'dam, then went to battle with the seanchan soldiers.

Im really wierd i know, but its who i am.

Lol Hawkwing, it's true: cats are people.

Mine is like an old man who gets grumpy if you disturb his routine. He also exhibits face-hugging tendencies when you p!$s him off, randomly flips out and skids into walls, and tries to hide in boxes way too small for him.

The horse though :roll: she opens doors. And gates. The latches have gotten increasingly more complex. Soon we'll have to tie the chain in a bowline to keep her out of the damn garden.

But yeah, WoT dreams, I've had a few. I've definitely had WoT dreams with soundtracks. Some of those have flipped without notice between 'live action' and animation as well. Weirdest was when I read some WoT while listening to Queen right after an anime-athon. Ever had a crazy animated dream set to the music of Queen wherein there is a massive musical theatre style dance number involving most of the White Tower, an Aiel horde and at least three Forsaken?

... And then I woke up. And yeah, that feeling sucks. Especially when you wake up perfectly lucid (as in not zombified) but still convinced for a few seconds that you have to kill Demandred before his guitar solo.

lol, I had a dream once I was an awesome sword fighter (and I'm a girl..) and I was fighting the DO along with some tinker friends... can you believe it???

It was the most beautyful place.. a green field but drained with blood, I had defeated most trollocs, and then I saw the DO... I came near to fight him.... didn't quite win though.....

I am now very happy to know that I am not alone.

Like others before me have said, I also read in bed and have awoke on a few occasions disappointed that I am once again in the "real world".

There have been times when in memory it is hard to determine which was the dream and which was just something from the book. As my dreams can be pretty interesting, I will be sure to post if I should have another.

susie

I think I might be insane. Many of my dreams center around fantasy stuff. Some WOT, but many other things. I have many dreams that seemed based on some struggle. It is a constant battle. No matter the weapon, be it guns, swords or supernatural powers, the theme is the same. I am fighting, often with a sword against some enemy. It is usually a human enemy, but often wiht some gteat advantage, usually in the form of invincibility through extemely rapid healing. I try to destroy my enemy, slash with all my strength with a razor sharp sword, to leave a would that will NEVER affect the adversary, despite my best efforts. I often have a similar dream with powers of Channeling mixed with DBZ. I can fly! (Power is weilded like DBZ, but it channeling, don't ask me how.)

In any case the enemy I fight never grow weaker. However my powers/sword/gun all seem to fail me. powers grow weaker, what could once obliterate cities, barely nudges things. Swords grow dull, break. Guns devolve from miniguns and lazer cannon to BB guns and paintball markers. And in all of it, I am filled with the most pure rage at the fact that these powers are failing. Rage and despair.

I dont know.

I have dreams set in the WoT world too. I dream I am Mat, Rand countless others. Battling the shadow, uniting the clans, all that good stuff.

Well I had another one last night, but the details have slipped my mind already. I am not sure how I managed to have it WoT related, but it was. It involved driving a car/school bus wildly through a series of streets where every intersection had a big roundabout, and every time I would ram the car/school bus into the curb as hard as I could and make the car go flying through the air. Somehow in all of that, Elayne, Nynaeve and Egwene were involved. I know. I smoke too much crack.

most of mine are scenario based;hypothetical, like egwenes conversation with her parents if she were to take a weekend off and travel to the two rivers to see them...the entourage and the dresses etc etc etc

rand telling tam...everything

elayne reuniteing with her mother

rand and gawyn fighting, rand trying not to kill gawyn, and morgase walks into the pic..

stuff like that, and hoopsnake and featherless hawkwing...if you think your dreams are odd, my dream diary is likely the oddest thing in the known universe...even odder than string theory. :shock:

ARE THEY now?

Well, yeah, if you say so. My dreams are weirder in general than these WoT dreams, but the WoT dreams are weird because, despite being so vivid, it's just odd the forms they take. Music video? Rand was your CAT in a past life? Man, I could go on for ages. I had a recurring dream once, when I was five, that Dracula climbed down the chimney dressed as Santa Claus to try and kill me. I'm not even Christian! But there were presents and there was snow and there was a fire and a mug of unknown liquid. Then I woke up when Santa tried to rape me. I was freaked. I drifted off again... and there was Santa coming in again with a giant bag of loot, except this time it did not contain blood bottles. But this was not Santa. It was Wile E. Coyote. That is strange. And then Calvin and Hobbes came down the stairs (did I mention it looked like a C&H Sunday strip?) and screamed when they saw the Coyote, and Wile E. and Hobbes started tearing and ripping each other up, and Wile E. was losing... Then a bulldozer rolled through the wall, and some chick spun around and vanished into thin air, and then Dracula got out of the bulldozer, and my big sister appeared and starting killing everyone...

That was odd. And vivid.

I also have abstract dreams ... but I must watch the Simpsons now. G'bye.

I had that feeling when i woke up after have just had a WOT dream. I woke up, lifted my hand and was so angry that i couldnt form a single flame.

Then my brother and sister came running into my room shouting at me that it was time for breakfast. Thats when i really woke up, and realized how stupid i was. lol

Dream diary?????

Thats sounds neat, i should do that with all the dreams i have with my friends i usually forget them before i can get to my friends and tell them. Thanks for the idea

Dracula climbed down the chimney dressed as Santa Claus to try and kill me. I'm not even Christian! But there were presents and there was snow and there was a fire and a mug of unknown liquid. Then I woke up when Santa tried to rape me. I was freaked. I drifted off again... and there was Santa coming in again with a giant bag of loot, except this time it did not contain blood bottles. But this was not Santa. It was Wile E. Coyote. That is strange. And then Calvin and Hobbes came down the stairs (did I mention it looked like a C&H Sunday strip?) and screamed when they saw the Coyote, and Wile E. and Hobbes started tearing and ripping each other up, and Wile E. was losing... Then a bulldozer rolled through the wall, and some chick spun around and vanished into thin air, and then Dracula got out of the bulldozer, and my big sister appeared and starting killing everyone...

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I had a freaky one where I blasted Rand to all hell with my dad's shotgun and then he comes back from the dead and starts swearing at me and calling me one of the Forsaken... then, Nynaeve started to vouch for me, as in, "She can't be a Forsaken! She's too short/blonde/funny/frostbit!" I was torn between amusemnt and indignation at these accusations, because I am neither short nor particularly blonde nor frostbitten; but I like to think of myself as having a sense of humor. After I started yelling at her, "Whaddaya mean, frostbit???", she points at my feet, which I discover are a nice shade of blue. "Oh. Well. Since you're supposed to be this huge Healer, fix 'em!" I said. Then the alarm went off. I was pissed. Fortnately, when I woke up, my feet were normal. I had this dream last Tuesday... :D

Wow, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has WoT dreams. I've only had one myself, but it's not surprising given the incredibly engrossing world of the books.

A few weeks ago when I was reading A Path of Daggers, I must have gone to sleep thinking of the awesome battles between Rand and the Asha'man against the Seanchan, because I had some weird dream that I myself wasn't in, but involved a lot of One Power-driven destruction. It was pretty cool.

Some of the dreams the rest of you have had have been doozies; I've enjoyed reading them all!

>.> I dreamed at first that Rand was teaching me how to use Saidin. Saidin in my dream was weilded like the mage weilds the power in Legend of Legaia 2. You make different hand gestures for each of the five powers, and say the name of the power.

A Weave was made up of between three and six of the powers, so I'd have to make the hand gestures for Water, Fire, Water (I.E), and say the word for water, Sana (the word for fire), and the word for water again.

After that, I was the Dragon Reborn, and I was with five Asha'Man and Demandred. However, after killing the Asha'Man, Demandred came after me. Whereas I had to do the time consuming channeling of my dream, Demandred was able to just channel normally, so he was able to stop my weaves before I could even finish them.

I can't remember anything else about that dream, except for him laughing at me for being a "backwards barbarian channeler" and being weak.

Two subjects.

One. I have dreams that all involve Avi, Elayne, Min, Moiraine, Egwene.... and we're all in a pool of saidin swimming around, and there is Compulsion involved... anyway... hehehe

Two. The only few times I've consciously controlled my dreams was when I was attacked by bad guys and I channeled balefire and then made a gateway to get away.

The only Wheel of Time dream I can remember is me in a book store inexplicably finding the next book in print a year before it is to be available. I bought the book with no stange looks at all from the retailer only to go outside of the store and of course, the book had only blank pages.

I think this was before Path of Daggers came out. Quite fitting as I had much the same feeling that the pages had all been blank after reading that installment because of the realization that it'd be years before this series would come to a close.

I of course went back into the store and tore it to shreds with saidin. The End.

Archived