DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Crazy ideas.

Roxinos

I'm just curious as to what crazy ideas any of you Dragonmounters have about the series. Crazy meaning they go against the traditional idea of what will happen.

I think the only one I have is that I believe this turning of the Wheel will be different in that the Great Lord will be defeated. I know I'm crazy, and I know I'm wrong, but it's a nice idea to have until the books prove me wrong.

I think the only one I have is that I believe this turning of the Wheel will be different in that the Great Lord will be defeated. I know I'm crazy, and I know I'm wrong, but it's a nice idea to have until the books prove me wrong.

Dark One will be defeated? Might be likely.

Crazy? maybe, yet it could be a good kind of crazy.  Wrong? that would be debatable.

I saw this mentioned somewhere and can't get it out of my head so I have fleshed it out a little.

During Tarmon Guidon as things are going badly, Rand is is a death struggle with Moridin.  He follows Moridin through a gateway and suddenly feels a shield sliding between him and the source.  He looks around to see 13 mydrall and 13 black sisters.  Moridin smiles and says, "I win again Lews Therin."   Flicker, flicker flicker

Rand awoke drenched in sweat.  As he got out of bed his dad said about time sleepy head.  Thought you were going to sleep through Bel Tine.  He said, "Wow i had the weirdest dream!"  Looking at Tam for the first time, he is startled to see him wearing a sword.  "Why are you wearing that?" 

Tam replied , "I know its stupid to be afraid about a dream but there you have it.  What are you staring at?" 

Rand asked, "Where did you get a heron marked sword?"

A cross between the stupidest plot twist ever in Dallas (Was it bobby Ewing or his wife that woke from the dream erasing about a year or 2 of episodes?) and the great Jordan scene, Flicker, Flicker, flicker, LOL.

Come to think of it, Jordan has had the idea of the ending for many years, predating the first book iirc, but hopefully not after watching this lame Dallas episode!

I saw this mentioned somewhere and can't get it out of my head so I have fleshed it out a little.

During Tarmon Guidon as things are going badly, Rand is is a death struggle with Moridin.  He follows Moridin through a gateway and suddenly feels a shield sliding between him and the source.  He looks around to see 13 mydrall and 13 black sisters.  Moridin smiles and says, "I win again Lews Therin."   Flicker, flicker flicker

Rand awoke drenched in sweat.  As he got out of bed his dad said about time sleepy head.  Thought you were going to sleep through Bel Tine.  He said, "Wow i had the weirdest dream!"  Looking at Tam for the first time, he is startled to see him wearing a sword.  "Why are you wearing that?" 

Tam replied , "I know its stupid to be afraid about a dream but there you have it.  What are you staring at?" 

A cross between the stupidest plot twist ever in Dallas (Was it bobby Ewing or his wife that woke from the dream erasing about a year or 2 of episodes?) and the great Jordan scene, Flicker, Flicker, flicker, LOL.

Come to think of it, Jordan has had the idea of the ending for many years, predating the first book iirc, but hopefully not after watching this lame Dallas episode!

I might laugh for about half a second and then stop and think wait that's it???? Then I would get mad

And that's when I throw the book through my wall, go into a murderous rage, and end up on the front page of every newspaper and news website in the world as having killed the entire staff of Tor books.

>.>

<.<

Of course, I'm a pacifist, so it'd all be in my mind.

Attention: Spoiler for Stephen King´s 'The Dark Tower'-Legacy

This ending is basically the exact same one as the one of 'The Dark Tower' and I highly doubt that such uninspired plagiarism is to finish one of the most epic fantasy-series ever.

Spoilers for the Dark Tower!

I wouldn't say that the ending to The Dark Tower was the same, but similar. It wasn't the "this was all just a dream" ending, but "that happened so that this could happen...you just don't get to see what this is."

Bela invents Nike sneakers for horses, ends up being the head of the only Global Corporation in the world and thus the new Dark One. Newly sneekered horses around the world see how comfortable their Nike's are and realize how mistreated they have been. They Revolt.

Rand, now blind, one legged, one handed and a unic, is unable to assist the world again due to his newest disability, turns to Elayne to help him build a Shoe Company of his own to rival and hopefully defeat Bela's. His plan goes awry though when Elayne, unsatisfied with Rand's ...er... abilities... makes a decision against his wishes to have the Company branch out in it's product line. Elayne becomes distracted by her new-found love of designing Handbags for Homeless Children and the Company is crushed by Bela.

Bela now rules the world with an Iron Fist..... er... Hoof.

I'm telling you, it'll happen..... I'm not crazy!!

*runs off laughing maniacally*

The ripples everybody experiences that makes them feel like fog are tied to the Amayar belief that this is the "End of Illusion" (the world) and in reality it is the Creator that's sealed. After he's resealed, the world as it's seen will disappear and we'll see the true evil version that's existed for thousands of years!

Idryl

YOu didn't think I thought this would really be how it ends, did you?  This was a crazy ideas post and it is probably the lamest possible ending imaninable, er I though it was until I read about Tycoon Bela.   ;D

Yes, I did realize that, I just wanted to say it in case anybody took it serious (since the basic idea does not seem totally off the hook).

Archived