DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where yo have the release celebration

jthoma8318

I am a commercial truck driver. In my travels I have come across several places named Mountain Home, one of which is in north Carolina. I've been reading the books since just before the release of the Dragon Reborn in hard back, so been at it a while. When I first saw the name of the town, it was just after I'd heard of Mr. Jordon's passing. I immediately thought, 'What a great place to have the release of the last book. Maybe we could even convince the town to rename itself Manethren for the event.' I know there are several of you who are more closely involved than I am. Perhaps if you think it is a good idea you could run with it and get the publisher and his widow involved. He was, after all a Carolinian. North and South tend to claim each other, so they are apt to go along with it.

The town may need permission from the person in charge of Jordan's copyrights and probably also from the publisher.

Change the name in celebration of book 12's release, maybe if it helps the town's economy.

It seems likely that book 12 would come in two volumes, and that the second part would be released shortly after the first part; and that there would be more books for this series after Memory of Light is published.  On which release do you have this in mind?

In the future the plots could be given out to certain authors to write books around. Or it could be left open for any authors like we see with the Star Wars universe.

As for myself, I won't be going to any big gathering for the release. I'll pre-order the book so it's mailed to me and go into seclusion from a month before its release to the moment after I finish it, to evade spoilers.

In the future the plots could be given out to certain authors to write books around. Or it could be left open for any authors like we see with the Star Wars universe.
Yes, I'm sure RJ would have approved of his legacy being raped in this way.

As for this suggested party, North Carolina is a bit out of my way. However, an alternative solution presents itself: we could rent out the small European principality of Liechtenstein. A whole country! Failing that, we gatecrash Majsju's home and have a party there. If we post a lot of rubbish on the boards prior to that, he'll be so busy editing it out that he'll hardly notice we were there.

As for this suggested party, North Carolina is a bit out of my way. However, an alternative solution presents itself: we could rent out the small European principality of Liechtenstein. A whole country! Failing that, we gatecrash Majsju's home and have a party there. If we post a lot of rubbish on the boards prior to that, he'll be so busy editing it out that he'll hardly notice we were there.

I like that idea. Liechtenstein is quite close to my home and it shouldn´t be that expensive, given the fact that its status as no-tax-payer-refuge has nearly been crushed totally in the course of the last years.  ;)

Yes, I'm sure RJ would have approved of his legacy being raped in this way.

Lichenstein is too expensive, looks like Majsju's it is.  Think he will want us to clean up before we leave or will we have to post more junk and sneak out?

I like that idea. Liechtenstein is quite close to my home and it shouldn´t be that expensive,
$375 per head, according to wikipedia, but apparently you need at least 450 people. So, bring a friend?

Lichenstein is too expensive, looks like Majsju's it is. Think he will want us to clean up before we leave or will we have to post more junk and sneak out?
No, we give him booze when he notices our presence. Once he has passed out, problem solved. He wakes up in the morning afternoon evening after, by which time we're all gone.

Archived