DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Biographies of Intro to RP students (Jan/Feb Class, WT Org)

claireducky

DhaiMon

Character Name: Endric Liander  (approved CotL bio)

Sub Division: Hand of the Light

Place of Birth: Alanay, Tarabon

Appearance: At around 5''10', Endric is of a size that puts his elder brother, Stanislas, to shame; a life of fasting and piety sees to his slenderness. Despite this, iron determination shines in his deep-sunk, dark blue eyes, as is proclaimed by his rigidly kept hair and beard.

Personality: Pious, silent, determined

Strengths/Weaknesses: A slight tendency to dogmatism...

Character History: Endric was born as the second of two children to the Lord Azan of Alanay. Quickly, quite early on in his life, he grew to accept the thread which was woven for him as far as succession of House Liander's estate and Lordship was concerned. Those were to be his brother's, Stanislas's, domain.

He eagerly read through many of Lothair Mantelar's teachings, and always had

been fascinated by the stories he heard about the pious Children of the Light. The ominous Hand of the Light most of all. And never mind the vile comments those that told the tales had about the "nosy Whitecloaks, rats that should stick their noses into Amadicia's sty soil".

Endric seemed to be the only one family member that was not shaken by the death of the Lady Liander, his Lady Mother. When she was lowered into the earth so that the Tree's saplings might burst forth from her grave, he was the only one not to shed a tear. Yet, long after everyone was gone, he remained. And cried on the spot his dearest Lady Mother had left the face of the earth at to slumber beneath it, awaiting the return of the Tree of Man.

From then on, he grew even more distant than before, shut himself off behind prayer and the Children's decrees. His Lord Father did not like that development, the times his mind wandered to and rested on his second-born, yet there did not seem to be much of a thing he could do about that.

Until the days after Stanislas was expelled from the House and family. Endric suddenly found himself in the position of successor. A position he did not want, and he could not understand why his father had done such a move. Following that event, Endric noted...queer...behaviour that seemed uncommon for his Lord Father. Not just lunacy and misery at his wife's death, but... more... One night, when Endric failed to fall asleep, he strode through the corridors of the manor- and then, he heard something. His Lord Father Azan's voice."As the Great Lord commands, so shall it be." Rustling seemed to answer that, and then, silence.

Not long afterwards, Lord Azan's body was found by his servants. Of the young lord Endric there was no sign. The council of Alanay literally spent months on how to proceed with the old, ramshackle manor.

Endric was gone. Heading south-east, unbeknownst to the townsfolk and council of Alanay who thought that Old Grim had taken him and his father both.

Siera

In this bio, my character is Aes Sedai, I can change it to Novice tho 

Character Name: Siera Tesiva

Division:  White Tower

Place of Birth: Shienar

Appearance: Standing at 6', Siera weights 140 pounds. She has baby blue eye with brown hair, the comes to about half her back. Her hair is usually kept down, or tied at her neck. She always wears a butterfly clip on the side of her head.

Personality: Siera is a confident person. She is fairly outgoing, and she is not afraid to speak her mind. She has a tough appearance, but on the inside she is sweet and kind. Siera has always been the person she has wanted to be- never afraid to back down, but she knows her limits. After becoming Aes Sedai, Siera’s temper has calmed  down a lot but at times it still does flare.

Strengths/Weaknesses:Siera's Strenghts include swordsmanship (to a certain degree), loyality, and her free wiil. Her weaknesses include, her temper, being too caring, and her family

Character History:Siera had been a novice for a few weeks now and nothing had changed. She was still doing chores and her routine was the same. But luckily today she had some time off. She finally had time to write a letter back home. Sitting out in the gardens Siera started her letter.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I know it’s been a long time since I have written to you, but the Tower life is so busy. Every day I do chores, lessons, and everything. I really do have a full day. It’s even more full then a day of watching the kids if you’ll believe that.

I really do miss you guys. I remember the day I left as if it were yesterday. I can see you crying mom, Dad holding you tight. Tarvin, and Matt waving but not letting their tears fall, while Rhiannon and Meghan stood beside them tears trailing down their cheeks. Even thinking about it makes me cry.

But I didn’t write this letter to make you cry again. I just wanted to say thanks for all you have done. You have been great parents and I remember everything from my childhood up to my leaving at home. Not once had you ever put me down- you let me do want I want- even if I had made a mistake.

I remember my childhood as if it were yesterday. How mom would have to watch us all because Dad would be away fight- Tarvin and Matt trying to help with the kids but being not always successful. That was funny now that I look back on it. I remember when Tarvin had to burp Rhiannon. That will stick in my memory forever. It was just so funny. The look on his face as Rhiannon puked on him.

And then we come to my life as a child into the teens. This was the best time. Dad was still away a lot but it didn’t matter. When he was home he treated us like he had never left.

Siera paused writing the letter here. She could remember her past so clearly. For the day she was born until now her life had been good. Her older brothers were helpful and protective, while her younger sisters were cute and she got to be protective over them. Her family had always gotten along. It just happened to be how her family had worked. Siera remembered little of her childhood, but she did remember having a good childhood. One of her strongest memories was her brothers making her laugh when she had scraped her knee at age six. Thinking about the memory brought tears to her eyes. Wiping the tears away Siera went back into her memories. 

Not much had happened then until her sisters were born- soon after her knee scrap incident. Her mother had had twins, so life at the Tesiva house soon got hectic. Her brothers had to take over house work and they had a house wife over often to help her mother. Siera had been overly happy at the thought of two sisters, so she tried to help her mom take care of the twins. She quite happily did this. It was almost a dream of hers to become a mother one day- almost. She was determined to stand independent. Nothing could change her mind set. She never wanted to be a wife that her husband would just boss around. The day that happened would be the day she died.

But soon the twins grew older, and her mother was finally able to take back over the house work. Her brothers had taken to going outside and playing with swords. At this stage Siera was right in the middle and she didn’t know what to do. Her little sisters had become annoying to her, and she would have rather been with her brothers. Her sisters were on the two year stage- where they wanted everything and if they didn’t get it they got upset. It annoyed Siera greatly. They just couldn’t understand the word no.

That’s exactly what she did. Siera had started to play with her brothers. She learned how to use the sword fairly quickly and went out everyday to practice. She loved being outside and fighting with her sword. The adrenaline rush could not be beat. Even with her love of the sport she still couldn’t beat her brothers unless they gave in but Siera didn’t mind. She had the skill and could beat a few people her age. Undoubtedly she beat all the girls her age, as they didn’t know where to start. 

Soon Siera had started taking an interest in boys. She would flirt with a few of them but she could never find a guy for her. Although there were a number who liked her- she would be ‘with them’ but find something she didn’t like and end up leaving them. She was always disappointed when it can to that, but she had no other choice. She always tried to stay friends with the boys, and sometimes she did, but in other cases she didn’t. She thought of all them as friends, so it hurt her heart every time she lost one of them.

But then when Siera turned 17 her whole life changed. In the whole matter of one day, Siera had learned more then she ever had. Trollocs had attacked her village. All the men and boys tried to hold them off, Siera had joined in herself, and some of the wives had too. But the trollocs greatly outnumbered then men. While the men held up the lines, all women and children were instructed to run and hide- to do what ever it took to get away. Siera was suppose to but she couldn’t handle the thought of leaving the battle. She was eventually forced to leave, and with little fuss but fuming with anger she left the battle. She had never held this kind of anger. Anger because she couldn’t fight, anger because of the trollocs, and almost everything had angered her.

It was this day when Siera first channeled. In a furry of anger she had created a fireball and set a house on fire. At first she only stood in shock about what she had done. But then she quickly put the small fire out with the help of a few fleeing women. Siera had tried to do it again, but she never knew where to start. She had no idea what she had done. She was the only to witness the event and she told no one about it.

But before she could think about anything she had to help get rid of the trollocs. Siera had turned around to help, but before she got back to where the fighting was, reinforcements had arrived. Soon the trollocs where defeated with only a small part of her town ruined. For a few weeks Siera waited and thought about what she had done. She was no closer to an answer and it was driving her insane. So to feed her curiosity Siera went to an Elder in the village, she told the elder everything about what happened. The elder had looked at Siera, but walked away.

Siera had been shocked, but she didn’t say anything. She just waited- after all she didn’t want to be rude to her elders. Within the hour the Elder came back. She told Siera that she could channel. She had talked with a few other elders, and they all agreed.

Siera was shocked but she quickly swallowed it. She knew what channeling was, and she knew where she was to go: The White Tower. She was very upset to leave her family. It sometimes made her sad this day to think about her family, and leaving them. But it was something she knew she has to do. Within a few days, Siera was off and heading to the White Tower. It hurt her emotionally, but she knew she had to leave- for her safety and the safety of others. 

Siera turned back to the letter then, a few tears coming down her cheeks.

Anyway, I hope my next letter will come sooner then this. I will try and write more often.

With my love as always,

Siera

P.S Send my love to Tarvin, Matt, Rhiannon and Meghan

Siera smiled happy with her letter. Wiping the tears running from her cheeks, she folded the letter up and went to mail it. She would have to hurry it was almost time for her to start her chores again.

But her time as a Novice flew by. Siera made a few friends, Reana being one of the first. They clashed instantly as Novices, pulling a few pranks and overall enjoying themselves.

But soon Siera’s time as a Novice came to an end. After four short years Siera was raised to Accepted. She was so overjoyed. She was one step closer to being an Aes Sedai. Siera was so excited to become an Accepted, she couldn’t wait to start looking at the Ajahs- even though she already had an idea of where she would go.

Within weeks Siera had looked at the Ajah’s but she decided that she would not fit anywhere else but the Green Ajah. This also stayed true to her friend Reana. They had still stayed friends through out the Accepted years, and right into Aes Sedai hood.

It had taken Siera five years to become an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah, but the day she was raised she wore the shawl with pride. She loved the Green Ajah and was overjoyed to finally be a part of it.

After the first few years of being Aes Sedai, Siera decided it was time to visit her family. So off she went. She was fine until she got home. But once she got there and saw her family, she couldn’t help herself the tears started coming out. She saw her brothers and sisters, they were all so grown up. Her sisters married with kids, she had nieces and nephews.  Siera spent a month with her family. It almost broke her heart again to leave, but she had no other choice. She had to go back to the Tower. She knew she was better suited there.

Mystica

Character Name: Kendra

Division: Seanchan

Place of Birth: Noren M'Shar, third largest city in Seanchan

Appearance: average height and weight, normal skin tone, almond shaped blue eyes, pitch black long hair, birth mark in the shape of a bird on the left side of the neck.

Personality: duty and honor define her. As does determination, zero tolerance for nonsense and a high level of possessiveness. She is also open minded and curious, always interested in new things and experiences.

Strengths/Weaknesses: learns quickly and eagerly, yet gets distracted just as easily as her mind wanders off trying to explore yet another new thing. Her fierce loyalty and sense of duty sometimes battle with her intolerance for nonsense and her keen ability to see passed masks and fake demeanor. She doesn’t trust easily, but once she does she becomes extremely protective of whoever has gained her trust. A protection that often turns into possessiveness, even when inapropriate.

Character History:

Kendra was born in a normal family with a loving mother and father. Her mother was a seemstress of some reputation and several of the Blood sent orders for their new garments as they were much sought after. Her father was a shipbuilder of great skill and had been working steadily on the creation of the fleet that would bring back the old empire under it’s rightfull rule. Her two older brothers both worked for their father while the youngest had chosen to become a soldier and has since been promoted to the Death Watch Guard. An honor for their family that had caused them to celebrate their good fortune for a whole month! Kendra was the second but youngest from seven siblings, though only five now remained that the family would acknowledge. Two of her sisters had been tested and leashed. That was a black day for the family, yet their honor was restored right back when her remaining sister had tested true to become a Sul’Dam. Kendra had been quite impressed with it all, though she also secretely felt very sorry for her other two sisters. She would never speak of it out loud, of course! That would never do, as that would bring innumerable shame upon her family. But she couldn’t just dismiss her love for her sisters as easily as her other family members seem to be able to do. It had been quite a shock to the six year old Kendra to see how easily her parents could turn their back on their own children like that. Right then and there she learned a lesson that would stay with her her entire life. Don’t ever trust anyone, no matter how close they may appear to be, for there is no telling when they’ll turn their back on you. Hoping that her Sul’Dam sister would take care of her damane sisters, Kendra moved on with her life.

Four years later, a newly raised member of the Blood came to a fitting with her mother. While her mum tried to advice the lady delicately on the intricacies of color, fabric and knit suitable to the lady’s station, the lady herself kept insisting on details normally preserved for the High Blood. Kendra had been in a foul mood all day, for her father had refused to teach her the use of a staff, and now sat at the table flipping over pages from a book she already knew by heart. Upon hearing her mother’s distress at the lady’s increasing ignorance of proper eticette, Kendra suddenly errupted into telling the lady exactly what she would achieve by persisting in this foolish matter. For it was well known that breaching the matters of protocol, even in the slightest, was the epiphomy of rudeness and in those of the Blood was seen on many occasions as treason or early signs of such. More importantly to Kendra, however, was that not only would the wearer of such blatent disrespectfull cloths be marked, it would also irreputably damage the reputation and good name of the seemstress and her entire family. Needless to say, the lady was not at all pleased with this behavior upon her person by a commoner, especially a child, and Kendra was taken outside where she was flogged in the open for all to see. The straps used were especially designed as to not leave any marks, but the feeling they bestowed cut right through the bones. The light took mercy on Kendra that day, however, as a member of the High Blood happened to pass by and decided to inquire as to the reason for this flogging. It happens that the High Lady did not look favorably upon this new member of the Blood and upon her order the events leading up to the flogging were laid before her. Kendra was ordered to repeat her words and as she did, the High Lady ordered her to be flogged again. The shame upon her family was avoided though as the High Lady openly commanded Kendra’s mother to start work on twelve new garments for herself and her three daughters. This order outweighed the child’s indiscretions and showed that Kendra’s mother and family were still highly praised for their skills and talents by the Blood.

Five days later a messenger from teh High Lady, who had identified herself as the High Lady Latelle, came to the house and took Kendra to the High Lady’s house. There the child learned that, although the High Lady agreed with the child’s words, she could not let a commoner publically get away with adressing any of the Blood in such a manner. The flogging was to ensure that everyone knew not to rise above their station, no matter how foolish one of the Blood may be. A lesson Kendra needed to learn. The lady of the Blood had been redirected to a seemstress of already tarnished reputation and would not bother Kendra’s family again. Then the High Lady made Kendra an offer that took the girl by complete surprise.

She was sent back to her mother, accompanied by the So’Jihn of the High Lady who informed Kendra’s family that the girl was offered to become the nursemaid of the High Lady’s eldest daughter. This would turn Kendra effectively into a da’covale, of course, but the station of being the nursemaid for the heir to the High Lady’s house was far higher than any station she could ever achieve as a commoner. Kendra was still shocked by those events, but her sense of duty overpowered any of her doubts. This would once again raise her family’s honor above any suspicion. The choice was easily made and so she left her homestead to go live with her new charge and start her new life.

Ten more years passed in which Kendra was subjected to a variety of lessons and punishments, as the girl she nursed proved to be a regular nuisance. And as was proper, the nurse underwent any and all punishments that her charge earned. Her education skyrocketed, however, as little did she know that the High Lady Latelle was a devote and absolute loyal sister to the Empress, may She live forever. As such, all members of the High Lady’s household, right down to the lowest da’covale, were to live up to the highest standards suitable for a member of the Empirial Family. Mina, her charge, grew to become the favorite niece and most fervent supporter of one of the Empress’, may She live forever, daughters who later was chosen by the Empress, may She live forever, as the Heir and became the Daughter of the Nine Moons.

And so it was that Kendra, at the age of 20, found herself following her charge into the Empirial Palace, where Mina was to be the companion and confidant of the next ruler of Seanchan. Her family she never saw again, except for the occasional glimps of her Sul’Dam sister, but their lives were now suitably comfortable with all their children holding honorable places in life. Kendra, however, never forgot her two damane sisters, no matter how much her education, duty and honor pounded it into her bones that this was the proper and only way to treat those that would channel. A nagging itch in the back of her head kept her from fully accepting that channelers were in fact animals and had to be controlled at all times. A treasonous thought, to be sure, and one that caused her great anguish as her sense of duty and honor battled her every inch of the way. Yet, she could not make herself blind or deaf to some of the absurdities in her own culture.

Liathiana

Character Name: Ayve Levati

Division:  Warders

Place of Birth: Coramen, Altara

Appearance: Ayve (pronounced Ivy) is 5’4” tall. Slim but muscular, she has a dark olive complexion making her white teeth seem brighter. She has long dark brown hair, nearly black in shade, that comes down to the middle of her back, which she almost constantly keeps in a long braid wrapped in a bun to keep out of her way. Her eyes are a shade of hazel, green and brown, uncommon in Altara. She has three scars: one horizontal on her left hip, another along a rib on the same side and the last vertical and short along the back of her neck, usually hidden by her thick hair. She carries the standard marriage knife between her breasts.

Personality: Fierce but quiet she can be almost invisible for all the notice she acquires. She is open about who she is, believes in honesty almost to a fault and is slow to anger. Once you raise her ire or anger however, it can be an inferno nigh unquenchable. She hates crying and rarely shows emotions other than anger or irritation though she feels deeply. She can be oblivious to any romantic attention, finding herself plain though not unattractive in her own way.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Stubborn in her loyalty, once you gain it you have it for life, even if it comes to harm her. Slow intellectually, she has never learned to read or write and can only perform basic math. Loves horses and cats, prefers using long knives when fighting.

Character History: Ayve was born the bastard daughter of a tavern wench. Her father was a foreigner who left Cormen, and her mother, behind without a backward glance. Cella, a cold hard woman by the time Ayve was old enough to know her, worked all the time in order to support the two of them. When she was old enough, Ayve was put to work as well. She ran errands, cleaned rooms, washed dishes and other things in order to earn her keep. Because of her work, she had an almost non-existent childhood, never learning to read or write. What math she learned was from the work she did for the inn. Her only friend was Fabio, an orphan boy and all around general pest to the community. Together they roamed the streets, in what little free time she acquired, pulling pranks and playing games.

When Ayve was twelve years old she was cornered by two boys, a little older than herself. She was held down and forced to do horrible things. They left her broken and bleeding and she has never recovered emotionally from that experience. Fabio found her and carried her home but she couldn’t look into his eyes. After that she didn’t see Fabio for two years. She became quiet and withdrawn, almost like a ghost. The kids stopped bullying her after she stopped reacting, just standing still as they called her name and threw stones at her. When Fabio returned she was a sunken shell of the child she used to be but he had not been idle in his time away. With him he brought two simple but sharp knives with engravings on the hilts. One engraving was of the crescent moon and a tiny star. The other engraving was of the sun…

“I don’t understand…” anyone else would think that her voice was that of someone dead inside but Fabio could hear the note of interest as she gazed upon the blades glittering in the midday sun.

“I couldn’t help you years ago and seeing you so hurt destroyed me. I ran away, ran away from the pain and guilt. I fell in with a group of men. Rough, dangerous men but they taught me how to defend myself, how to fight. I’ve come back to teach you those skills as well so that what happened to you, never EVER happens again!”

Ayve’s eyes brightened as she ran a fingertip along the hilt, tracing the engraving. She whetted her lips with her tongue and looked up into his eyes, “When do we start?”

Ayve’s skills grew gradually but it was obvious she had a knack or a natural talent for the blades; soon they were another extension of herself. She practiced day and night, pushing herself to be better. She became obsessed with the blades, sleeping with them every night. At seventeen, Fabio dueled one of the young men who had desecrated her and lost. Their love had been simple and yet hard to understand to others but themselves and as she held his dying body she closed her heart off to anyone. He was the only joy in her life, the only one who had believed she would ever live up to anything, he had loved and cared for her and now he was gone. Killed by a vile man, it just wasn’t fair! She practiced harder with the blades, swearing revenge.

One day, when Ayve was twenty-one years old, she heard tell of a place where one could train to be a Warder, to defend an Aes Sedai if they so chose you. She examined her life; it was barren, without meaning. She yearned for more training with everything in her being. And so one night, two young men of Cormen were found mysteriously murdered, both apparently by blades. To throw off suspicion she waited another couple months before she embarked on her journey to Tar Valon.