DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

To the IT savy...

Fox

I'm having some tech problems here I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have a trojan virus embedded in my computer, it keeps showing up in C:\WINDOWS\system32\brfxD04.dll. I've been trying rid myself of this menace. I have AVG and it recognizes it as a trojan, and says it's cleaning it out, but it isn't. Every time i open a file in my computer I get a warning about the same trojan threat. Any suggestions???

PS i do realize that this revelation maybe worry some people, but I only put this out because I'm trying fix it. I apologize if I'm causing anyone to worry about my posts.

• 2 weeks later...

use avast! the 4,8 ver. is out. also, after removing the virus, make sure u dont get anymore,

since, we arent willing enuf to actually buy kaspersky every year, i suggest the following config.

(all of these are free or have trial versions that work fine(other than a few features of course:)))

avast 4.8

spyware doctor

malwarebytes

advanced systemcare(for optimisation, defrag. etc)

registry mechanic (for fixing, yes FIXING, items in your registry. my comp was 2 weeks old and it found 33 errors in my registry :P)

anyway, hope this helps... also, this config doesnt slow down your system as norton or bitdefender would. its really good as i see it, i havent been infected by a virus or any sorta malware since i bought my lappie.

use avast!

Seconded, i had a lot of problems with AVG a while back - not updating, not scanning properly etc etc. Anyway, i changed to avast! and it works 100%. Only problem is it doesn't do spyware, so you need another program to handle that.

Ponder

Archived