DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Movie Releases - 2/13

Tenshin_Xo

2/13

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Legally Blonde meets The Secret of My Success.  It's supposed to be standard chick flick fare.  It seems to me to be more comedy than romance, although it's apparently all over the place, and comes across as generally unfocused.

The International

Fairly plain action flick.  The good guys go after the bad guys. The premise; the banks are the bad guys, and it's not just about the bailout.  It's actually got some great drama for an action film too btw.

Friday the 13th (Remake)

Yeah, if you don't know the plot by now you don't need to.  Basically, it involves a cheerleader jogging away from the homicidal maniac, tripping and laying there screaming.

Two Lovers(Limited)

Supposedly Phoenix's last performance, and at least it's more intense than his recent Letterman appearance.  Love triangle alert, he falls for two women, and it follows the development of his relationships. My only real comment is Vanessa Shaw = teh hawt.

Gomorrah(Limited)

This one interests me; it takes the Pulp Fiction style of interconnected series, and makes it serious.  I think somewhat in the vein of Magnolia.  It's about organized crime(specifically the Camorra), and makes a serious attempt at portraying it's current iteration.  It's less heirarchical than the Cosa Nostra, but similar in their activities.

Feel free to post reviews as you see them, and let us know which you plan on seeing!

Confessions of a Shopaholic - The trailers for this make me ill.  :-X

The International - Looks kinda lame, just another action flick, but I wouldn't object if a friend really wanted to go see it.

Friday the 13th (Remake) - I don't really do horror (except on bad hair days *nod*).

Two Lovers(Limited) - Have not heard of this, might Netflix it, if I'm not lazy.

Gomorrah(Limited) - Another possible Netflix.

• Community Administrator

I'm seeing Friday the 13th tonight, because its friday the 13th, i've never seen a jason movie in theatres, (And the last 4 went straight to vhs and the older ones i was either far to young, or the local theatre only shows 1 movie every friday, sat, and sunday... then that is)

Plus wtf watch some BS Slasher flick when you got jason, who's pro.

I'm hoping this is a reboot, and this jason has the plot twist of the original.

Gomorrah(Limited)

This one interests me; it takes the Pulp Fiction style of interconnected series, and makes it serious.  I think somewhat in the vein of Magnolia.  It's about organized crime(specifically the Camorra), and makes a serious attempt at portraying it's current iteration.  It's less heirarchical than the Cosa Nostra, but similar in their activities.

Absolutely amazing movie. But do not think of Pulp Fiction or Magnolia, that will only confuse you. Ok, it "borrows" the style of parallell stories that connects with eachother, but that is about it.

This movie has no intention to entertain, the intention is to show what the Camorra really is about. And it does. It is a gritty movie. It is a depressing movie. It is a bloody awesome movie. It stands directly alongside The Baader-Meinhof Complex, which intended to simply show RAF for what they were. Think of a dramatised documentary, and you are in the right neighbourhood.

Friday the 13th.

Standard Jason Slasher Flick.

Best they made in the last decade, but not the best Jason slasher flick of all time.

Oh, and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of boobies.

Its also like 3 jason movies in one.

When I saw Micheal Bay was directing the new Friday the 13th movie I was wondering if Jason was gone to do his killing with a rocket launcher and claymore mines.  Isn't Bay all about the 'plosions?

*WARNING MAY CAUSE HEAD TO EXPLODE FROM PARADOX*

There are no explosions in The Friday The 13th Remake!!

Yea, I know, this is the first micheal bay movie with out explosions.

Oh btw.

Guess what movie opened this weekend grossedt he most?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Yea, Friday the 13th. 42 Million opening weekend!!

Archived