DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is Osan'gar resurrected Aginor?

Jyxxer

So I am on my second re-read before AMoL releases, and I had a few thoughts concerning the Forsaken.  I just started Lord of Chaos, and I noticed how it talks about Osan'gar and Asan'gar being born again.  It's from Osan'gar's point of view, and he mentions something along the lines of helping create the Trollocs.  He was also surprised by Shadar Haran, because he had helped create fades as well.  This would make sense if these two were reborn together, and they were actually the two Forsaken who were killed at Eye of the World.

In the prologue, Shai'tain also mentions that even he cannot heal balefire and step out of time (Rahvin).  This leads me more to believe that if he could save a Forsaken that had not been balefired, he would.  But I guess what throws me off, is they have always said there were thirteen Forsaken that were caught in the sealing of the bore, from some of the earlier books.

Thoughts?

Osan`gar - Aginor

ARAN`GAR - Balthameal

Moridin - Ishameal

Cyndane - Lanfear

That's what I thought... I have the BWB and I'm pretty sure it counts Aginor, Balthameal, Osan'gar, and Aran'gar as the 13.  I thought thirteen were originally sealed, yet they are counted twice?  Why not count Cyndane, Lanfear, Ishy, and Moridin?  I dunno, just seems like something is missing.

I dont have access to the BWB, but I have read the guide (which I believe is similar if not the same) and although it was a while ago I recall it counting the 4 as reincarnations of the Forsaken killed. Apart from Be'lal, Rahvin, Sammeal and Asmodean, because of balefife, mashadar and for Asmodean it is possible that he was balefired or its also possible the DO choose not to.

The thirteen, in no particular order :

Ishamael (Resurrected as Moridin)

Demandred

Lanfear (Resurrected Cyndane)

Be'lal (Resurrected as Taim... only joking!)

Aginor (Resurrected as Osan'gar)

Semirhage

Asmodean

Balthamel (Resurrected as Aran'gar)

Sammael

Graendal

Moghedien

Rahvin

Mesaana

In the prologue, Shai'tain also mentions that even he cannot heal balefire and step out of time (Rahvin).  This leads me more to believe that if he could save a Forsaken that had not been balefired, he would.  But I guess what throws me off, is they have always said there were thirteen Forsaken that were caught in the sealing of the bore, from some of the earlier books.

Thoughts?

That the DO recycles Chosen now is because there is not many left to play with. During the War of Power, there were thousands of Chosen, so letting the dead stay dead was simply a matter of social Darwinism, weed out the weak.

Now, with only 13 survivors from the war (down to 8 now), the DO kinda has to save what can be saved, especially since he shares the forsakens views of the 3rd Age channelers.

Osan`gar - Aginor

ARAN`GAR - Balthameal

Moridin - Ishameal

Cyndane - Lanfear

That's what I thought... I have the BWB and I'm pretty sure it counts Aginor, Balthameal, Osan'gar, and Aran'gar as the 13.  I thought thirteen were originally sealed, yet they are counted twice?  Why not count Cyndane, Lanfear, Ishy, and Moridin?  I dunno, just seems like something is missing.

The BWB was written so that it didn't give you correct information. Much of the book is not accurate. It lists Osan'gar and Aran'gar as "new Forsaken" so that it doesn't give away that they're Aginor and Balthamel. And because it came out the around the same time as ACoS it doesn't list Cyndane or Moridin because we hadn't been introduced to them yet.

I dont have access to the BWB, but I have read the guide (which I believe is similar if not the same) and although it was a while ago I recall it counting the 4 as reincarnations of the Forsaken killed. Apart from Be'lal, Rahvin, Sammeal and Asmodean, because of balefife, mashadar and for Asmodean it is possible that he was balefired or its also possible the DO choose not to.

I don't think Asmodean was balefired, just believed to be a traitor.  A part of me likes to believe Sammael didn't get BF'd either.  ::)

The BWB was written so that it didn't give you correct information. Much of the book is not accurate. It lists Osan'gar and Aran'gar as "new Forsaken" so that it doesn't give away that they're Aginor and Balthamel. And because it came out the around the same time as ACoS it doesn't list Cyndane or Moridin because we hadn't been introduced to them yet.

I seem to remember something along the lines of, "Parents used the names of the thirteen Forsaken to scare children", in the first three books. Way before any were brought back to life.    Thirteen was the number.  Thirteen Aes Sedai can link, thirteen to turn someone to the shadow, etc.  It could be that I am letting the BWB influence my lore too much.

The thirteen, in no particular order :

Ishamael (Resurrected as Moridin)

Demandred

Lanfear (Resurrected Cyndane)

Be'lal (Resurrected as Taim... only joking!)

Aginor (Resurrected as Osan'gar)

Semirhage

Asmodean

Balthamel (Resurrected as Aran'gar)

Sammael

Graendal

Moghedien

Rahvin

Mesaana

Thanks

Archived