DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Goodness it's been years...

dlan4327

Since I last visited & how long I've been waiting for AMOL. I'm just here to ask you guys about a publishing date.

I visited Sanderson's site & noticed his status bar now showed 109% for AMOL & 90% for Harriet's line edits.

Since this confused me greatly & all I was after was a rough date of publication & I figured you guys & girls would be able to help.

So in a nutshell is there an official publication date for AMOL? Even a rough guess like maybe September or November?

There is no official publication date for the release of AMoL.  Sanderson reported last month on his blog that he anticipates the entire book being between 500k-600k words.  He also cautioned in that blog post that Harriet and Tor would have to decide soon whether to publish the book in one or two volumes.  If two, the firt one could be out by November of this year, if they are going to wait for the entire book to be written, there is a good chance the book will not appear on shelves until sometime in 2010.

But Sanderson covered all of this in more detail on his website,  http://brandonsanderson.com/page/56/A-Memory-of-Light-Progress-Bar-FAQ

If they break it up into 2 volumes it better not be more than a year in between publishing or I will go crazy.
Go ahead, we don't mind. But it is unlikely to be that long between volumes. History tells us so.

Archived