DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Finding Accomadation within the Barracks ( Open, just looking meet more peeps)

Thorfinn

~Byron~

After quiet a fair walk through the halls of the White Tower Byron had eventually found the barracks room.  It was midday by now and the Barrack rooms were empty, Byron knocked on each door in a hope to find someone in.  No luck, most the doors were locked and there for he assumed everyone was out at classes.  With a deep sigh he headed down the corridor to the rooms further down which had the doors open.  He steeped into the first room on the left, it was a good size room a bed, wash stand, writing desk and wardrobe stood in the room.  There was no decoration of any kind, no pictures or wall hangings like the rest of the tower.  The fireplace stood at the back wall with some kindling and wood sitting next to it, he wondered if it would get cold enough for him to light the fire tonight as he was still quite warm.  He knew it was warm further south but he didn’t think it would be this warm.  He paced over to the wardrobe and removed his worn cloak and hung it on a hook on the inside of the wardrobe door, he then went to remove his sword but sighed as he remembered it was sitting on Thera wall.

I need to get my sword back I can’t have this, how am I to defend myself.

Byron walked over to the wash stand to find the pitcher empty of water, looking around the room for any sign of a supply ended up in him taking the pitcher and heading towards the door.  As he came to the door he noticed a large key in the back of the lock, checking the lock worked he turned to key a few times.  Once satisfied the lock was adequate he closed the door behind him and locked door.

He did this he could here voice from down the hall, it sounded like someone was coming into to the barrack room.

At last, I meet my comrades.

Sandre ghosted through the Tower Guard barracks.... yet again. This time they were relatively empty. He found the trainee casually walking out of rooms in a mostly empty area. There were a few rooms open that once belonged to the recently slain Tower Guards. (Ohhhh man we are going to be in so much trouble if someone finds out about this.) Rushing over to Byron he came up behind the trainee and grabbed his arm. The trainee gave a start but Sandre quickly turned him around to head the opposite direction and walked quickly.

"Which room did you put your stuff into?" Byron responded with a look of confusion and a frown that said he was a little more than offended at being handled like this. "This is the Tower Guard barracks you fool! If either of us are caught here they will decide how we are punished not the Mistress of Trainees or the Master of Arms and believe me they can make sure your every day spent as a trainee is while wearing a dress!"

Byron did not need any more coaxing. (Ok so I exaggerated a little... I think the only thing worse would be to be caught in bed with a Novice or maybe to have set up your room in the Ajah Quarters.) As soon as the door was open the two set about recovering all of Byron's possesions. Sandre had someone waiting out side to see Byron's stuff come out of it and while Byron set to that Sandre slipped a small sliver of a mirror under the door to see if anyone was coming.

OOC If your a Tower Guard you could very well be coming down the hall way. If your a trainee feel free to be the one waiting for stuff to fly out of an open window. Just bailing Byron out at his request lol.

Byron had a sense of a presence behind him; before he could turn he was grabbed and whirled round.

"Which room did you put your stuff into?"

Byron relaxed as his tone and body language told him he was not hostile.  He felt quite annoyed at the tone and the handling of himself by this young man.  As he was hurried back to the room he eventually understood the situation.

"This is the Tower Guard barracks you fool! If either of us are caught here they will decide how we are punished not the Mistress of Trainees or the Master of Arms and believe me they can make sure your every day spent as a trainee is while wearing a dress!"

Not even 5 minutes in barracks and he was making mistakes, what a fool.  Hopefully this wasn’t a sign of things to come, the stranger and Bryon rushed into the room and the stranger looked about.  He was really worried; surely it wouldn’t be that bad, he walked to the wardrobe and removed his cloak.

“This is it; I left my saddle bags with the stable boy and my mare.”

The stranger wasn’t interested he was sliding a mirror below the door to see if anyone was coming.  Byron raised an eyebrow, why would a trainee need a mirror in the Tower?  Surely it wasn’t riddled with darkfriends as the borderlands; a darkfriend would have to be mad to dwell here.

As there was apparently someone waiting outside the window for possessions to be passed out he just threw his cloak out and told the person that was it.

“That’s it, what now friend?”

The stranger looked bewildered…..

OOC:Sorry for the delay, I have been busy.

IC: Elyan had been walking towards the dining hall, morning lessons being finished.  He had not yet gotten used to the concept of being able to eat on a consistent basis. He still filled his pockets with extra scraps, not wanting to leave a chance at food. The cooks still laughed at him for this, but made no move to stop him. He never needed the extra food, but it was always a comfort to have it available.

Sandre was walking quickly away from the dining hall in a hurried pace. Passing Elyan, he grabbed his sleeve, pulling him around, and briefly mentioned needing help with something. Then he was back to his brisk walk, they headed towards the Tower Guard quarters, which were off limits to all trainees. Elyan was already missing a meal, and now they were going to get into trouble, which Elyan was not inclined to do. Still, Sandre had been one of the first people that was nice to him, Elyan silenced any objection and followed Sandre to the entrance of the Tower Guard barracks, where he stopped and told Elyan to go around back. Then to his surprised, Sandre walked into the quarters.

Standing in the back of the barracks, Elyan could barely make out muffled voices inside. Apparently one of the new trainees mistook the Tower Guards barracks for the Trainee’s. Elyan felt sympathy for the man, it was only by luck that he had found the Trainee’s barracks on his first day here.

Several moments later, he was handed a cloak out the window and told that was it. Elyan decided that he could do no good standing outside the barracks, except advertise that there were trainees where they shouldn’t be. Elyan made as if he was taking a stroll around the grounds, and headed towards the trainee barracks, to find a place for this cloak.

OOC: Either of you interested in a challenge or perhaps a conflict, get another rec in.

Sandre turned to explain to Byron. "These rooms belonged to recently slain Tower Guards. They are still in mourning so it would be best not to offend the entire Tower Guard division on your first day. I apologize for manhandling you like that."

Convinced the coast was clear and no one was coming he nodded with his head towards the window. "Luck of the light blessed man no one is coming but I dont want to test that luck by trying to get through the Tower Guard Halls unseen a second time. Out the window."

As soon as all were out he turned to Elyan. "Thank you Elyan. I can take him back to the Trainee barracks or you can. No one will fault you for helping a lost trainee but you may still get punished if you are late somewhere. As long as you do not complain and show that you are willing to endure hardship for a good cause that will look good on you. Or mr... new-guy-whos-name-I-missed you can let Elyan go so hes not late. Up to you two."

"Thank you Elyan. I can take him back to the Trainee barracks or you can. No one will fault you for helping a lost trainee but you may still get punished if you are late somewhere. As long as you do not complain and show that you are willing to endure hardship for a good cause that will look good on you. Or mr... new-guy-whos-name-I-missed you can let Elyan go so hes not late. Up to you two."

Elyan handed back the cloak to the new trainee. Studying him for a second, then going back to examining the ground.

"No problem, happy to help." Elyan said quietly "Anyway, i got about an hour before i have to be anywhere" Looking up at the trainee, then nodding across the training grounds "If you want to follow me" Elyan started towards the trainee barracks, trying to walk casually, it made him uncomfortable to be so close to someone he didn't know.

Reaching the barracks, he walked down the hall to the room where he had his stuff. Nudging the door open, he gestured into the room. "This is where I’m staying. None of the other bunks are occupied, and I don't know of any other vacant bunks." Elyan followed him into the room, grabbing a roll that he had stashed in the trunk at the foot of his bed. Then sitting on the trunk, he began to eat quietly.

OOC: Of course I’m up for anything.

IC: Byron found it startling that a Tower Guard would be slain in such away.  He would ask questions later, for the time being Sandre was concerned with what was outside.

"Luck of the light blessed man no one is coming but I don’t want to test that luck by trying to get through the Tower Guard Halls unseen a second time. Out the window."

Byron smiled to himself and jumped out of the window to land next to the young man holding his cloak, he smiled at the man but he was too worried to notice.

What a very weird place, I see I have a lot learn before I get anywhere.

Sandre landed next Byron and looked back at the window and around for any sign of the guards.  Byron could begin to understand that he had made a very big mistake and these young men were doing something they didn’t need to do but was good.  Byron wondered if they could be trusted.

"Thank you Elyan. I can take him back to the Trainee barracks or you can. No one will fault you for helping a lost trainee but you may still get punished if you are late somewhere. As long as you do not complain and show that you are willing to endure hardship for a good cause that will look good on you. Or mr... new-guy-whos-name-I-missed you can let Elyan go so he’s not late. Up to you two."

Byron listened closely and before he could answer this Elyan handed his cloak back to him and he swing it round his shoulders and fastened it. 

"No problem, happy to help." Elyan looked around. "Anyway, I got about an hour before I have to be anywhere".  

Byron studied the lad for awhile as he spoke he could see that he had his pockets full of something.  He smiled as he remembered his days when his mother would scold him for having all sorts in his pockets from worms to rocks to snails.

"If you want to follow me"

Byron nodded his head and followed the lad across the yards.  Byron took this time to look around the grounds and study the architecture.  It then struck him that he hadn’t introduced himself, what a fool he thought.

“I’m sorry Elyan, I haven’t introduced myself yet, I am so sorry.  My name is Byron Assroth, I come from Saldaea.”

Elyan looked round and smiled and just carried on.  Byron felt a bit odd, was Elyan doing this because he wanted to or because he needed to?

The entered a building very similar to the barracks and Elyan nudged the door open

"This is where I’m staying. None of the other bunks are occupied, and I don't know of any other vacant bunks."

Byron nodded and walked into the room, 4 bunks with the same amount of chests as well.  Elyan opened his chest and pulled out a bread roll and sat on his chest and began to eat.  Byron smiled and took his cloak off and hung it on one of the bunk posts.

“I thank you Elyan for what you did for me, not many people would have done what they did.  You did not have to but yet you did.  I thank you for that; if ever you need my help in any way let me know.”

Byron walked over to the window and looked out it, the yards were beautiful, and he really liked this place.  It then struck him; Dara was still in the stables by the Tower gate.

“Em Elyan, I have a mare stabled at one of the stables is there anywhere closer I can stable her?  I am very close to her as she was a gift from my father and mother and well, she’s close to me.”

“I thank you Elyan for what you did for me, not many people would have done what they did.  You did not have to but yet you did.  I thank you for that; if ever you need my help in any way let me know.”

Elyan only shrugged, Sandre had told him that trainees were supposed to look after one another. Still, Elyan didn’t want to explain that it was Sandre that told him to go to the Tower Guard barracks, without Sandre, Byron would probably still be wandering around the barracks, or maybe have already been caught. Munching on the roll, he tried to puzzle out Sandre. The man seemed to help others without any thought of himself, he was the kind of man that could inspire others, and set an example for others to follow. Elyan had a debt to the man, for more than just what he did. Watching Byron walk to the window and look out over the grounds, Elyan thought he probably wasn’t the only one who owed something to Sandre.

“Em Elyan, I have a mare stabled at one of the stables is there anywhere closer I can stable her?  I am very close to her as she was a gift from my father and mother and well, she’s close to me.”   

Elyan finished the roll and stood up brushing off his clothes. He looked at Byron, thinking how lucky it would be to own a horse.

“Sorry,” he muttered, “I don’t even know where the stables are, much less anywhere else you could stable her” Elyan walked towards the window, the sky looked clear, but he had a practiced eye for spotting storms, needing to find shelter early on the streets of the city. “It will be raining soon, we should see to your horse, and bring in your things.” He said plainly, turning from the window. The rain might hinder afternoon classes, Elyan thought. He was not sure how he felt about that, he wanted to learn, but the rest would do him good.

OC: Sorry for the delay, also what do you want the challenge to be?