DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Noal

Lui2692

It seems likely. It is not yet a proven fact, but he shares a name, he recounts memories in common, displays the same sort of wounds--his confusion and the like--that one would expect of Jain after what Ishy did to him...

Yes, its very likely they are one and the same.

Here's the quote from KoD that all but sealed it for me regarding the Noal/Jain identity:

"Are you any relation to Jain?" Noal raised his hands in a placating gesture. "Peace, man. I believe you. It's just, that tops anything I

ever did. Anything Jain ever did, too. Would you mind if I made the third? I can be handy in tight spots, you know."

It was that near slip where it's seems he realizes that he spoke about himself, and then clarified "Jain". Besides, what are the chances that 2 people from the same family have shared that many adventures.

Guest cwestervelt

Especially when the one says his "cousin" was a fool for galivanting around on all those adventures while letting his wife (I think) die. Seems a little odd that a "cousin" with that type of attitude towards adventuring would turn out to be another adventurer.

It seems likely. It is not yet a proven fact' date=' but he shares a name, he recounts memories in common, displays the same sort of wounds--his confusion and the like--that one would expect of Jain after what Ishy did to him...

Yes, its very likely they are one and the same.[/quote']

What did Ishy do to Jain? Where does it say this?

Guest Majsju

[TEOTW: 51, Against the Shadow, 638]:

Ba'alzamon, to Rand: "'Jain Farstrider, a hero... whom I painted like a fool and sent to the Ogier thinking he was free of me.'"

And later Loial speaks of a man who came to Stedding Shangtai who was injured and near death, but then got well again. He says they thought it might be something an Aes Sedai had done to him because he got better so quickly after entering a stedding.... i.e. it was something a channeler had done to him.

Guest Lord Captain Valda
Probably what our reaction would be if we ever met RJ. Rand is a BIG fan of his books' date=' but that's just about all.

So, maybe ask him to sign a copy of [i']The Travels of Jain Farstrider[/i].

Except for the fact that we're not the dragon reborn. Ruler of almost the entire world. And RJ didnt exactly go off and have many grand adventures saving the world and whatnot. I think Rand will have to use Noal someway that I havent figured out yet.

This is somewhat interesting...

Ba'alzamon, to Rand: "Jain Farstrider, a hero... whom I painted like a fool and sent to the Ogier thinking he was free of me."

If Ishy is not lying (he may very well be...) then he still has some ties to Jain. Can he (well, Moridin now I guess...) still affect Jain in any way it may be trouble for Mat.

Isn't Jain going with Thom and Mat to save Moiraine?

I think someone (Moiraine herself maybe) once said about the doorway ter'angreal in Tear that it's "not good" even to ask questions concerning the Shadow. What would then happen if the Shadow is somehow connected to one of them who goes into the Tower of Ghejei?

• 3 weeks later...

Noal wont kill slayer. Slayer is also Luc. And Luc is lans uncle that betrayed Malkier to the shadow.

Lan will kill slayer /luc noal will help rescue Moraine. Plus noal has to figure out where hes seen that person before. You know the one "dayk as a sharan but with blue eyes"

Actually i would say Fain has a stronger standing with Slayer then Lan. Isam was Lan's cousin, yes, but they havn't seen each other in books. A confrontation between Slayer and Fain has been building since the fourth book.

That person was joe random seanchan. It was indicating the dissolution of Noals memories after Ishy's torture of him.

It doesn't actually, the blankness in compelled individuals indicates a person under the direct influence of power compulsion--either one of Graendal's cornies who are always under that, or soemone who is being directly compelled at that specific moment, we have seen no signs of blankness coming on suddenly with no one about, and going away again.

Archived