DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who killed Adeleas?

krystalline

Guest cwestervelt

I share your pain. I had a similar thing with a book once (fortunately not a Jordan book). Read something like the first 90 or so pages, turned a page and found myself about 40 pages earlier in the story. The next 40 were all repeats, and the story continued 40 pages further along from where the repeat started.

My copy of Royal Assasain was similar. It skipped ahead a few pages then went back on track. It was something like Fitz was walking down a hall then the next sentence on the same page had him kneeling before the dead King Shrewd and swearing to avenge him. Then it goes back to him coming to the end of the hall.

Man was that confusing. :x

If its flat out revealed in KoD I'll just do a re-read. Its only taken me about a week and a half to reread from New Spring to a few chapters into WH.

Its the first book I have ever bought that was missing a chunk of pages like that. I was so upset I nearly tossed it across the room. And of course, my local bookstore had only one copy of it on hold for someone else. Reading 600+ pages only to find out I couldnt finish it... ugh!

The first copy of EotW that I bought was like that, it was missing the first 80 pages, just picked up w/ Thom, I was completely lost until I noticed the page numbers. Luckily my brother had the first half of the book (can't remember what its title is), so I just borrowed that until I caught up w/ my copy.

Archived