DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pirate Theory

septac

After long study i have come up with a great theory on what Jordan has been planning for book 12

Pirates, Yes Pirates.

pirateeyepatchfg9.jpg

Mat

It has been long foreshadowed that Mat will lose an eye. His only option is to wear an eye patch.

FACT- Pirates also wear eye patches. Coincidence? I think not.

41slnprkblsl500aa280an6.jpg

Rand

We all know what happens to rand, he loses a hand. One of the most obvious options Rand has as a fashion choice is a Hook hand.

FACT- Pirates (especially the leader) also wear hook hands.  Coincidence? I think not.

wotlogovo6.jpgshipwheelclock24ii6.jpg

Do i need say more?

This is all i have found during my research if anyone finds more please post.

UPDATE- SCROLL DOWN TO SEE

EVEN MORE UPDATES ON SECOND PAGE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update, Everyone bust out your copy of eye of the world to see cover better ( couldnt find hq scan)

puffyshirtuj9.jpg

The memorable Seinfeld episode in which he is forced to wear a puffy shirt. Jerry Seinfeld is clearly visable behind Lan and Moraine in the first book. Notice the similar posture, hairstyle and facial expression.

FACT- Pirates also wear puffy shirt. Coincidence? I think not.

10364186gb300zz6.jpg

This is probably the single greatest thing I've seen on DM since "The Story of the Last Battle." And I'm ashamed to say that while I have "The Story of The Last Battle" on my computer, I can't recall who wrote it.

piratepaullytheparrotmads4.jpg

Perrin

“I've told you - “

“Don't be more thickheaded than you have to be, Perrin. Back there, right after you said you'd go. They were not there before. They must have to do with this journey. Or at least with you deciding to go.”

After a moment  he said reluctantly, “What  did you see?”

“An Aielman  in a cage,” she said promptly. “A  Tuatha'an with a sword. A  falcon and a hawk,  perching on your shoulders. Both female, I think. And  all the rest, of course. What  is always there. Darkness swirling `round you, and – ”

Quote from book three.

FACT- Pirates often have birds perched on their shoulders. Coincidence? I think not.

Yarr!!!!

Shiver me timbers!

Do I smell some gold near?

Ok, seriosuly, I don't think they'll end up pirates. I remember someone made a joke about the pirate thing. How Mat Rand and Perrin were to become the perfect pirate team, Rand having a hand short, Mat an eye short, and just for bunnies sake Perrin would lose a leg.

But no, I still don't think they'll turn pirate.

The falcon and hawk prediction I think was symbolic to Faile and Berelain respectively.  I doubt there would be a literal fulfillment.  And parrots are the only bird I heard of pirates having.

We do not know if there is a patch planned for Mat or a hook planned for Rand.

Mat having a patch would not necessarily make him a pirate; pirates are not the only group to wear patches, blind people also have patches.

And I think pirates are not the ones to have a hook hand.

Being a pirate to me is more about the person's behavior than about the things it wears.  According to the dictionary, a pirate is a person who steals ships; the other definition involves illegal production/reproduction of copyrighted/patented work.

The ship kind seems more relevant.  According to various sources, pirates kill the inhabitants (mainly men) of the lands they conquer and take the women as wives.

The falcon and hawk prediction I think was symbolic to Faile and Berelain respectively.  I doubt there would be a literal fulfillment.  And parrots are the only bird I heard of pirates having.

Mat having a patch would not necessarily make him a pirate; pirates are not the only group to wear patches, blind people also have patches.

Being a pirate to me is more about the person's behavior than about the things it wears.  According to the dictionary, a pirate is a person who steals ships; the other definition involves illegal production/reproduction of copyrighted/patented work.

The ship kind seems more relevant.  According to various sources, pirates kill the inhabitants (mainly men) of the lands they conquer and take the women as wives.

Dude, this is a joke, and quite a funny one at that.  Stop taking it so seriously.

Umm, did you ever hear of Captian Hook?

1179665052624927213ym2.jpg

Mat

Mat has just invented the cannon.

FACT- Cannons are the Pirates weapon of choice for naval warfare. Coincidence? I think not.

treasurechest300sb6.jpg

Mat has been lugging a huge chest of gold around since he won at the horse races.

FACT- Treasure chests are a pirates favorite way for safe keeping. Coincidence? I think not.

Also thanks for everyone's help on helping me uncover this conspiracy . Prepare for future updates.

Kudos to ROB_88 to bringing the treasure chest up

Killjoy.

Anyway, a slight flaw in the plan: the preferred sword of Blademasters such as Rand is the katana. The preferred sword of the pirate is the cutlass. However, a solution presents itself: the preferred weapon of the ninja, aside from badass ninja skills, is the katana (it's a well known fact to anyone who has spent any time on the internet). Therefore, Rand must become a ninja pirate. It is the only logical solution.

Buzz_(150_x_255).jpg

Anyway, a slight flaw in the plan: the preferred sword of Blademasters such as Rand is the katana. The preferred sword of the pirate is the cutlass. However, a solution presents itself: the preferred weapon of the ninja, aside from badass ninja skills, is the katana (it's a well known fact to anyone who has spent any time on the internet). Therefore, Rand must become a ninja pirate. It is the only logical solution.

like Chris the Ninja Pirate from Weebl and Bob

93601308_e3ddcb9c22.jpg

offtopic but i just gotta post my favorite Chris- moment

-"that's why we don't try to board seamonsters"

"yarr, ye be the one who said he had a lot of booty"

-"i was talking about his arse"

"I do not remember them saying," Juilin said wryly, and took a long swallow of some  drink made  from a yellow fruit grown in the countryside.

"You've asked that fifty times, at least." He  claimed the pale drink was refreshing in the heat, but Mat had taken a bite of one of those lemons, and he was  not about to swallow anything made from them.

Lemons2.jpg

Mat refuses to eat anything containing lemons.

FACT- Scurvy, a disease common to sailors and pirates , is caused by vitamin C deficiency.

FACT- Lemons contain high amounts of vitamin C.

Might this be foreshadowing for Mat receiving a very piratey disease?

lol was trying to break all the tension in this topic. When I was thinking of who could donate and be in the story chuck just came up 

Domon our sturdy ship captain was already a smuggler and his lovely wife "Shipless" is now an outlaw---perfect recruits for our pirate crew!

Archived