DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

First Sisters

lordofsoup

So I was rereading the 8th book

First sisters it means u marry the same man, but I also thought that it means u sleep with ur sister when ur man aint around.  So in Elayne, Avheindha, and Min's case If Min is sleeping with Rand then Avheindha and Elayne will sleep together?

well something like that

First sisters it means u marry the same man, but I also thought that it means u sleep with ur sister when ur man aint around.  So in Elayne, Avheindha, and Min's case If Min is sleeping with Rand then Avheindha and Elayne will sleep together?

I think you misread the parts of being sisters. Being First sisters does not imply having a sexual relationship with each other. It means you go through a ceremony in which you and your "sister" are rebirthed so that you in fact become twin sisters. Yes first sisters share the same husband but that's because if only one of them was married the husband would/could get between them.

George R.R. Martin, is that you?  :D

Though I suppose they can do as they wish, as 'Cubarey' posted, it's not a part of the definition of First Sisters, and certainly isn't hinted at in the books. I keep hoping there's some small print that says Aviendha has to kill Elayne, but hey...wishful thinking all around.

As mentioned the term 'First Sisters' does not imply or even hint at any sexual relationship. What you´re referring to - I think - is 'Pillow Friends'. This is the term describing a relationship between women that can frequently drift into a sexual one (if only temporary). A type of 'friendship' that is quite prevalent among novices (e.g. Moiraine and Siuan were pillow friends).

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

I keep hoping there's some small print that says Aviendha has to kill Elayne, but hey...wishful thinking all around.

Here's hoping.  ::)

First sisters meant that you shared the same mother (second sisters means that your mothers were sisters).  Best friends could go to the wise ones of their clans and septs and be *made* first sisters, but the meaning of it is that you share a mother.  Bain and Chaid won't let a man come to them if the other is not there, but I don't think that's how it MUST be done; that's just how some Maidens of the Spear do it. 

I was just reading Bain and Chaid's explaination of this to Elayne, Egewene, and Nynaeve this morning.

Archived