DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

When did we meet these people?

trakand_01

Hmmmm. I was trying to figure out (without the books to hand), the list of men we've met SINCE book 9, who could possibly be Demandred. Didnt want to start ANOTHER thread on it so just asked. None of them fit.

Met Charlz Gubyon in the chapter I read last night though, I dont think i've met him before. Not sure if I trust him, but that could jsut be the Daved Hanlon factor. Elayne mentions that wherever he's come from, there certaily weren't that many Guards there, she's wondering where he got them all from. I wouldnt be surprised if ONE OF the Forsaken (not necessarily Demandred and completely separate to Seaine) was trying to fill the boots of Rahvin.

Seaine was Sammael's protege, wasnt she? or is she Moridins?

ETA - I normally dont dislike Elayne too much but she turned a bit too Ce'Nedra-esque for me last night. You know, pregnant woman commanding troops and all that while her husband Garion Rand is off somewhere else...

Met Charlz Gubyon in the chapter I read last night though, I dont think i've met him before. Not sure if I trust him, but that could jsut be the Daved Hanlon factor. Elayne mentions that wherever he's come from, there certaily weren't that many Guards there, she's wondering where he got them all from. I wouldnt be surprised if ONE OF the Forsaken (not necessarily Demandred and completely separate to Seaine) was trying to fill the boots of Rahvin.

IIRC The Guardsmen who came with Guybon were all the castaways who were faithful to Morgase.  Most of those loyal to her fled or were forced out of Caemlyn.  Those Guardsmen that remained in Caemlyn were loyal to Rahvin.

Guybon gathered the loyal Guardsmen between Aringill and Caemlyn which is why he had so many.  I don't think Elayne fully understood how many Guardsmen had been cast away by Rahvin and his cronies.  I don't think the Forsaken would send men to help Elayne secure the throne.  It would be much better for them to have claimants fighting for the throne of Andor just like the two factions fighting for the White Tower.

Archived