DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Suroth

trakand_01

I'm reading book 11 (yes, still), and I'm reading the chapter where Suroth meets Semirhage.

Did we know before this chapter that she was a DF? I dont remember knowing that... perhaps I missed it elsewhere but it just seems a bit 'all or nothing' that if we DIDNT know, we suddenly find out that she's a darkfriend AND she has a dalliance with Semi, agrees to find and kill Tuon and finds out that the entire Imperial family except for Tuon are dead, all in the space of about 3 pages...

Did I miss it earlier in the books (it's not unheard of for me to miss things!), or did RJ suddenly realise he was running out of time and decide to put everything in one chapter?

Also, can't remember exactly what book it's in, and it's not said aloud, but Semi takes up as Suroths So'jin(sp?) or something along those lines, a place very close to her.  In Suroth's PoV's we can see that she puts up with stuff from her that would normally get anyone else in that position killed.

Liandrin is the one who becomes Suroths So'jin. Part of her ongoing punishment.

Liandrin is made a simple da'covele, not So'jin as that would not be seen as a punishment by Suroth.  Alwin is made Suroth's last So'jin as a reward for telling Suroth about Rena and Seta wearing an adom at Falme.

Liandrin is the one who becomes Suroths So'jin. Part of her ongoing punishment.

Liandrin is made a simple da'covele, not So'jin as that would not be seen as a punishment by Suroth.  Alwin is made Suroth's last So'jin as a reward for telling Suroth about Rena and Seta wearing an adom at Falme.

My bad. So many titles with the seanchan to keep track of ;D

Semi is Tuon's Truthsayer. Allowed much more leeway than any so'jhin. But Suroth doesn't know that's who she was.

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. Semi is not Tuon's Truthsayer.

The term is actually Truthspeaker.  Semirhage is Tuon's one.

Semi is Tuon's Truthsayer. Allowed much more leeway than any so'jhin. But Suroth doesn't know that's who she was.

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. Semi is not Tuon's Truthsayer. Selucia is that and she is no froeind of the dark.

Selucia is Tuon's shadow/bodyguard

Archived