DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel Of Time Comics

Darth_Andrea

I went and asked Chuck Dixon if his scripts were going to be used to finish off the publication of New Spring and he said

All quotes taken from Chuck Dixon's site http://dixonverse.net/board2/index.php?topic=32.0

taken from a reply to a question I posed on his forums

I finished all of the issues of New Spring.

This would be a couple of years ago now. So, it's all my work on the adaptation.

I then asked

Oh Cool, and thanks for the reply

Has Dable Bros. asked you to be part of the new adaptations they are doing for the rest of the Wheel Of Time books?

To which he replyed

I'm not sure I can reply to that right now.

Heh. Guess that kind of answers your question tho', huh?

So from this we can assume they are at least in talks with him to do the books

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif    anim-ring.gif    The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

• 1 year later...

There have been some developments in the ongoing saga of Dabel Brothers Publishing.

First off Dabel is at least for the moment out of business. They have sold their entire publishing catalog and licenses to Dynamite Entertainment. According To a press release (posted below) Publication of the acquired Dabel titles will begin in April 2010.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Dynamite Entertainment acquires Dabel Bros. titles

RUNNEMEDE, NJ - December 3, 2009 -  Dynamite Entertainment announced today that they have signed a comprehensive agreement with Dabel Brothers Publishing to transition all of their titles to the Dynamite brand.

Dynamite will immediately assume creative development, production, printing, marketing and sales for all titles handled by Dabel Brothers Publishing.  This includes books that were in the works and projects not yet announced.  For the bookstore market, all graphic novels (unless pre-existing agreements prohibit from doing so) will be published by Dynamite and distributed through Diamond Book Distributors. 

"Dynamite has impressed us with their ability to market their titles to such a broad audience," says Vice President, Les Dabel.  "We are extremely happy about this transition, and I am stepping back now to let Dynamite do what they do best." 

"We look forward to working with all of the distinguished authors on their great works and helping to bring them to a larger audience," stated Dynamite President, Nick Barrucci.

Founded in 2004, Dynamite Entertainment is home to several best-selling comic book titles and properties, including Red Sonja, Project Superpowers, The Boys, Army of Darkness, Battlestar Galactica, The Lone Ranger, Zorro and more.  Diamond awarded the company a "GEM" award for Best New Publisher in 2005 and another "GEM" in 2006 for Comics Publisher of the Year (under 5%).  Dynamite has also been nominated for several industry awards, including the prestigious "Eisner" Award, and consistently works with top flight and fan favorite creative talent such as Alex Ross, John Cassaday, Garth Ennis, Jim Lee, Michael Avon Oeming, Matt Wagner and many others.

The first books will be shipping in April 2010, with subsequent titles shipping thereafter.

Please check http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com for additional updates and look for further announcements soon! 

I would also like to note, Other sources have confirmed that as part of this deal Dynamite will pay off all of Dabel's currently outstanding debts including payments still pending to writers and artists who were no longer producing materials due to lack of payment.

Darth_Andrea  starwars1.gif  anim-ring.gif  The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

Archived