DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Help for Egwene

algspkr

I'm doing a reread and just got to KoD.  I just finished Elaida's conversation with Beonin and it seems that the ferrets may prove to be of great help with taking down Elaida.

"No.  Have them watched.  Watch whoever they associate with."  So there was a conduit between the Ajahs inside the tower and the Rebels.  How deeply had the rot spread?  However deep, she would clean it out!

After reading that it occurred to me that the ferrets probably spend most of their time hanging out with the Black Ajah hunters who happen to be Sitters, and it will appear to Elaida that those Sitters are treasonous.  She may even see Seaine's lack of progress with finding evidence of Alviarin's treason as additional proof.

And I don't see Elaida asking questions of anyone she is suspicious of, or believing anything they say.

My impression was that Elaida wasn't going to be in charge much longer due to an attack by the Seanchan. I could be wrong.

As to the Black Ajah hunters, don't most of them end up at the Black Tower at the end of KOD? (I get confused with that particular sub-plot. I lose track of all the Aes Sedai.)

As to the Black Ajah hunters, don't most of them end up at the Black Tower at the end of KOD?
One of the BA Hunters, Pevara, is with the Reds who go to the Black Tower. Given they Travelled there, it won't take them long to get back.

I haven't seen a time line in a little while and the books don't help me much as far as time differential goes but I think the Reds go to the Black Tower a few days or so before Egwene's dinner with Eliada.  The dinner will most probably result in Egwene being confined, shielded or have fookroot piped into her stomach; either way, the only thing Egwene will be doing after the dinner is avoiding getting her head chopped off and avoiding seanchan.  Having said that it is possible Egwene could officially meet the hunters; she's had lessons with some of them, at least Doicine I seem to remember.  Again, I don't know the timeline.

I would just like to point out that, Elidia has already alienated every sister in the tower as well as all those out. The only thing keeping Elidia in power at this point is the fact that tower is being besieged by the So called Rebal Aes Sedai.  Given half a chance, i am certian that 99% of all Aes Sedai would stand to pull Elidia down. With that being said, imho the attack on the tower will begin while The twit Egwene is serving Elidia.

Elidia's fate was sealed when she had her fortelling, it is just matter of when and how she goes down, it is my hope that she gets collared by the Seanchan, or better yet stilled during the battle.

Archived