DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Good Day

Nex

Another WoT-fan reporting in!

My experience with the Wheel of Time books started years ago when I randomly picked up a a book named "The Eye of the World" from the local library. Had never heard of it, no one recommended it, but I decided to take a look. And am I glad I did...the series has inspired me, enabled me, and given me so much throughout the years that I cannot thank Robert Jordan, may he rest in peace, enough.

I, myself, am a 19-year-old male from Finland, studying law in Oslo, Norway. Apart from that, I have a general interest in literature (fantasy included, obviously). This introduction is starting to sound really stereotype, so I'll quit it here  :P

That wasnt a stereotypical introduction trust me. But anyway, welcome to Dragonmount, but be for warned, there will most likely be a flood of people soon to say hi. So have fun talking with the community, check out the Orgs and Divisions (Divisions are at the bottom of the forum, they are for Roleplaying) and have fun  ;D.

Cellulose diet, eh?  ;)

And why, of course, Loreina. I've always had a weak spot for the Aiel and their jie'e'toh; there's something compelling about their philosophy and lifestyle. My favorite character would probably be Perrin, since I've always enjoyed reading his stories, and the Two Rivers Campaign is in fact one of my favorite events.

Apart from that, it's kind of hard naming any more favorites, since the complexity and range of characters, countries, events etc. is why I enjoy Jordan in the first place  :)

Welcome to DM!

I see you have joined the Band of the Red Hand ORG - good move, I must say so! :) Do have a good explore of the rest of DM, as it has much to offer, and I am sure you will find something right up your street!

The Two Rivers battles was one of the best in the books, but I still think nothing compaires to the last battle of Manatheren! The sword that could not be broken was shattered, but not before dealing a heavy toll on the shadow spawn. Though if you like Perren then you might like the Wolf kin :)

Maybe it makes even more sense if I say that I REALLY liked the Scouring of the Shire  ;) Major campaigns are enjoyable indeed, but the real face of the characters is shown when it's all intimate and "homely". But I do agree, it would be awesome if we had a complete and detailed retelling of the Fall of Manetheren!

Thats what the Revolution One Rp board is for ^-^ Start a thread and we can create a detailed fall of Manethren, though also if you look under the Main Story and Plot outline there is a Ressurection of Mathethren going on too on the RP boards, though at this point I dont know if it is still going on.

Archived