DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings

Ponder

Hi all! Ponder here, shaun in the big wide real world. Just finished book 11, so i thought i would check out the interwebs and see if there is a community for like minded people like myself. And here you all are!

I ail from a small village in the north of England that no-one has ever heard of before. I like books, computers and Life. With a capital L.

Anyway, see you in the forums,

Ponder.

Hello, Ponder!

You're right.. I've never heard of Bradford.  But then, most people have no idea where Bedford is, for all that the county it is in is named after it.  See eyes, see eyes roll.  Not that I can complain - I've only lived in the UK for a bit over a year and a half, so I've not had to explain where it is my entire life like my poor husband!

Anyways, welcome to our little madhouse.  Explore it well - there's lots to do and see around these parts.

Heh, well i am only currently living in Bradford. Bradford is a city in the north midlandsish area - about half an hour north east of manchester. I am actually from a village/town called Sedbergh. A very pretty place in the Yorkshire Dales.

Yorkshire?!  I've been warned of your ilk! >__>

<__<

And by that, I mean one of my in-law's neighbors is from Yorkshire, and will go on at length about how wonderful it is... God's County, or something like that? :)

Welcome to DM!

I was going to say I recognise the name Sedbergh from rugby games when my school was up in Macclesfield for a pre-season tournament a few years back. But after some research, it was the Sedbergh in Cumbria. And I always thought geography was one of my stronger subjects. Ah well...

Have a good look at the boards, and don't hold back asking us for any top tips, as we all have them! :)

Welcome to DM!

I was going to say I recognise the name Sedbergh from rugby games when my school was up in Macclesfield for a pre-season tournament a few years back. But after some research, it was the Sedbergh in Cumbria. And I always thought geography was one of my stronger subjects. Ah well...

Have a good look at the boards, and don't hold back asking us for any top tips, as we all have them! :)

yup - thats the sedbergh. It is in cumbria...but in the "yorkshire dales". weird i know. I also have worked at sedbergh school in Sedgewick house, School house and Queens hall for 7 years now...Probably seen you at some point ;-)

I can't decide if I like your name or feel like it's a command. Like, "Caddy, because you don't do enough of this already (sarcasm, which I point out only because you don't know me well enough to assume it on your own ;) ), go Ponder the ways of the world," except in all caps like the way the Dark One speaks.

Anyway, um. Hi. Welcome. I like Life, too. Visit the Seanchan. Rah n' stuff. *nod*

Well i have to admit my nick is not exactly original. I am ponder on a fair few boards. If it doesn't spoil the mystery too much it is short for "Ponder Stibbons" a wizard at the Unseen University in the Discworld Novels by the awesomly great Mr Terry Pratchett.

Archived