DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dark punishment

Cockta

Does anyone know how the Dark side punishes it's soldiers and DF's? We know that the Light side, like Rand and other lords and ladies, plus other main carachters punish their soldiers for whatever reason. Does something similar exist within the rakns of the Dark army?

Umm... his name was Jaichim Carridin, he was also called Bors, he was the guy from the prologue of TGH. When the Black ajah came to Tanchico, he became involved with them. He later started working for Sammael, he was sent to Ebou Dar to find that a cache of angreal and ter'angreal/ th bowl of the winds. He ran out of family members and he was killed.

A Myrddraal came to Carridin in The Dragon Reborn and told him that his family would be killed, one a month until there was no more. I'm trying to remember but I believe the girl who once tried to kill Rand and Mat in Eye of the World killed Carridin by making him drink brandy non-stop until he finally drowned.

That would be the Lady Shiane.

At the time, she's also punishing Falion Bhoda (Black Ajah) on Moridin's orders, by holding her captive and making her do household chores.

The scene is from Doilin Mellar's POV.  Receiving his "attentions" becomes part of Falion's punishments.  Shiane then offers Mellar the chance to get close to Elayne.

It seems the shadow uses both the carrot and the stick.

Does anyone know how the Dark side punishes it's soldiers and DF's? We know that the Light side, like Rand and other lords and ladies, plus other main carachters punish their soldiers for whatever reason. Does something similar exist within the rakns of the Dark army?

I doubt any military group has ever or will ever lack a punishment system.  Otherwise, it would pretty much be encouraging rule breaking, no?  As far as the actual system is concerned, the Shadow doesn't seem particularly worried about human rights activism and moralism, so the punishments are likely harsh and cruel.

I get the impression that punishments of the Dark will vary based on both the circumstances and the individual.

Cyndane and Moghedien both recieved serious punishments from Moridin & Shaidar-for being defeated, I think. I like this, because it is very much like what has been said about the Dark One encouraging his minions to compete so that only the strongest survive. They were weak, and so recieved severe punishment.

Demandred on the other hand, with his "Have I not done well, Great Lord?" makes me think he did something he was told not to rather than fail outright. My theory is that Demandred has been harming Rands reputation via Masema and the Dragonsworn, and as noted in the Watchers PoV when observing Sammael, the Chosen were supposed to leave Rand unharmed. Its all speculation though, as we havent seen what Demandreds doing yet of course

Only snippets so far. We saw him realise he hadnt done as well as he thought at Shayol Ghul, we saw him step out of his hiding place where he was watching Elayne in TAR, and we got a PoV from him at the Cleansing. Notice though, that each time we have had a PoV from him, he isnt focusing on his plans enough to reveal anything. The first PoV acknowledged a failure of some sort, the second was "Hmm. I wonder what Elayne Trakands doing here," and the third was simply the Cleansing. Each time he has been too preoccupied to think about what hes been doing off screen

Archived