DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cadsuane Motives

sillyman

We can only base any guess on the pov's we have had,  I think she intends to make him more humane.  I am certian that she would love to keep some control over him, but lets face it, she does not have much time left to live. 

Well if they remove the three oaths from her her life will be much longer. Not saying it will happen but it's a thought.

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif    anim-ring.gif    The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

We can only base any guess on the pov's we have had,  I think she intends to make him more humane.  I am certian that she would love to keep some control over him, but lets face it, she does not have much time left to live. 

Well if they remove the three oaths from her her life will be much longer. Not saying it will happen but it's a thought.

Thats funny, when i was typing that out, i had that thought, but than i thought of all the Aes Sedai, Cadsuane was the only person i thought would never do such a thing.

As for what happend when Moraine comes back, I beleive that will be the thing that shatters the walls that Rand has built up.  It will certinaly break his List of the Dead women.

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif     anim-ring.gif     The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

It's a combination of 2 things, His up bringing of Hurt me before the girl and that tiny part of him that was Lews Therin that was always in his subconscious mind before it started talking. LTT was holding tight to the memory of what he had done to his wife and family and that mixed with the upbringing he got from Tam, which was remarked at least once to be much like bordermen in their need to keep women safe. Lead to the creation of the list of every woman who had died as a result of following him or being near him.

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif    anim-ring.gif    The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

Moiraine was not trying to make him more human--she was trying to make him into a good leader, which includes being human, so she did touch upon it.

Cadsuane however came in when he was already a leader--the leadership side is done with. Now she just has to bring back his humanity. And she does seem to be suceeding.

caddy will get removed by moriane, she is the only Aes Sedai he really trusts, besides elayne.  I think that her comming back will teach him haw to be human again

Doubtful. Min has directly stated that Rand has something to learn from Cadsuane--Rand and the Asha'men. And by every indication that is to relearn his humanity--specifically, being strong willed but in control of oneself.

Aside from which--Moiraine is very capable, but she's not Cadsuane. They have different goals, and different methods. Cadsuane is achieving what she needs to, and Moiraine will achieve what she needs to.

And as a final note, I don't see Cadsuane being 'removed' by anyone. Moiraine may be able to hold her own against Cadsuane, but 'remove' her? Not a chance.

Not to mention that Rand is a bull when it comes to will and mental strength. I don't think even Cadsuane would manage to control him.
I don't think she even wants to. She wants to guide him, to make him more human, but not to actually control him. What he does with his humanity is up to him, in other words.

Thank you Mr. McObvious  ;)
I'm not Scottish, and considering the following, it was perhaps not that obvious to some:
does she wish to retain some control over him
I am certian that she would love to keep some control over him
I don't think even Cadsuane would manage to control him.

Archived