DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rereads!

kamros

I was just wondering about how many times everyone here has reread the series?

Ive personally Reread the series twice and a number of the books 3(and my favorites)4 times.

soooo yea i am kinda bad at the whole posting thing so i don't know how to end this so... uh...bye.

(edit. sry if there is already a thread like this =/ )

I cannot possibly count how many times. A couple of years ago the number was five, so perhaps seven or eight. I seem to read them slower nowadays, at least my current reread, now halfway through CoT, has taken over a year. I've reread in many ways, I think I tend to scrutinise and savour what is there these days, so I cannot really read more than a chapter a day. Seems there's time for one reread before aMoL, actually soon it'll have to start...  ;D

As to favourite books, well partly because there is I think more for me to reread there, though not completely, they go:

1. Knife of Dreams: The sweetness of victory and the bitterness of defeat are alike a knife of dreams.

2. Crossroads of Twilight: mankind shall come to the Crossroads of Twilight-- while the winds of the Shadow grow.

3. Winter's Heart: the seals that hold back the winter shall weaken, and in the heart of winter shall winter's heart be born...

I have only read WoT once thoroughly. I have dipped in and out of the books, especially when researching stuff for the Band of the Red Hand. But I very rarely reread series as I always find something else to read.

• 4 weeks later...

Book 7 was the newest one when I started reading the series, and I start over from the beginning every time the newest one comes out.  I also usually read it through at least once while waiting for the newest addition.

My wife was kind enough to give me Sanderson's books for Christmas.  I just finished Elantris, and I was impressed.  Of course, now I'm impatient for AMOL again.

I've just finished re-reading for the 4th time. I just HAVE to read every single book in sequence - I just can't bear the thought of reading books out of sequence. I do the same for the Dune books, Harry Potter books, Eddings series of books... well, pretty much all series of books I have.

I am very much like Snodge. I can't stand to read a book out of sequence not matter how many times I have read a series. It just doesn't feel right to me.  I have to confess that I haven't finished the books that are out for WOT yet.  I started reading in 91 when Eye came out, but stuff kept happening and I just never got around to reading past The Shadow rising. (even though I have been highly active in several Wot related forums and rp sites)

Last year  Skilgannon (one of my Warder's at City of Light) decided that he just couldn't stand the fact that I hadn't finished the series so in the mail from Amazon, I received every single book that I didn't have in Hardcover (which was books 5-12 and the guide book and New Spring).  The best Christmas present ever!.  So I have been slowly reading the series.  I am now in the middle of Winter's Heart.  But when I got the books.. I couldn't just pick up The Fires of Heaven and go with it. I had to go back to Eye of the World because it just felt wrong.

I read it once and am now re-reading it. I'm about 1/3 of the way through LoC as of now. It's good to re-read. I'm picking up a lot of things that I missed in my first read through. I'll probably read the series through again after finishing it for a second time.

I am very much like Snodge. I can't stand to read a book out of sequence not matter how many times I have read a series. It just doesn't feel right to me.  I have to confess that I haven't finished the books that are out for WOT yet.  I started reading in 91 when Eye came out, but stuff kept happening and I just never got around to reading past The Shadow rising. (even though I have been highly active in several Wot related forums and rp sites)

Last year  Skilgannon (one of my Warder's at City of Light) decided that he just couldn't stand the fact that I hadn't finished the series so in the mail from Amazon, I received every single book that I didn't have in Hardcover (which was books 5-12 and the guide book and New Spring).  The best Christmas present ever!.  So I have been slowly reading the series.  I am now in the middle of Winter's Heart.  But when I got the books.. I couldn't just pick up The Fires of Heaven and go with it. I had to go back to Eye of the World because it just felt wrong.

I am the exact same way mate. I read all the way to Crossroads of Twilight and stopped in the middle because I was just too busy. About a year later I tried to come back and start reading again but it had been too long. I restarted the entire series and am now trying to read through it. I know what happens in the Knife of Dreams (I was spoiled because I was a fool) but I still can't wait to read it.

Also, that's a sweet present. I could definitely imagine your delight.

Archived