DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

To Forge a Forge ((Open))

Kura

((Subject is pretty plain, he wants to build a forge of his own using the power. So if anyone needs a using Saidin req, or just wants to help out, go ahead and post.))

Kain stretched his massive shoulders, gently rubbing out the tightness as he looked upon the materials before him. He had managed to get a hold of some steel on the farm, and instantly he knew that he had to return to his previous passion of working metal. He had to know how he could use his new found power to shape beautiful, useful things, instead of just using them to cut down others by the battalion. Eyeing the new silver sword pin upon his black coat, hanging upon his massive doubled edged sword as to keep it off the ground, he thought that this was the time to begin his experiments.

The materials he had were modest, some bars of steel that would most likely be forged as opposed to going into construction, unfired clay and other such earthen materials all pulled up using the source, and various wooden pieces that would become the shelves to hang up tools and to help in organization. It would be modest at first, but he thought with Saidin he could make it grand. First thing was first though; he embraced the source and pulled up a large barrel shaped mound of earth, and wove water to drain its namesake into the barrel, filling it. Finally, a small bowel was raised. Now at least if he got thirsty, he wouldn't have to constantly divert his flows.

He waited, looking back at the town that the farm had become, knowing a couple blacksmith shops had already been set up. Still, this one would be his, and he felt his location right on the outside of town would be perfect to draw in customers. Perhaps even some one to help out. He had heard that Attack Leader Arath was a smith...

Arath watched from a distance for a while as a Dedicated fussed around with a pile of building materials.  It was always interesting to see what a Dedicated would do with his free time.  Inevitably, it always tended to be something that he had done before the Farm, or what he wanted to be with his newfound powers.  Either way, he tended to learn a lot from the observations.

Not that it took a lot of power of perception to see what this man was up to.  Judging by the things he had so far done, and by his build, the man was a blacksmith, and intended to build himself a forge to continue his former trade.  Something he himself could relate too.

After thinking for a moment to come up with the other man's name, Arath approached at a leisurely pace.  "Any particular reason why you chose to build here?" he asked.  "Seems a bit out of the way to me."

• 1 month later...

Kain was a bit surprised to find the famous Attack Leader Arath interested in his little project, and wondered if he should add an honorific or something when he addressed the man. Arath answered the question with his cool, easy going tone in the question. Relief flooded through Kain; he didn't want this to be anything more than building a forge. "It is a bit out of the way, but I very much doubt that people will want forge light peaking through their windows through all hours of the night, and it is still in easy walking distance of the residential area. My father always told me the only thing people need more than good forge work, is a good night's rest, and they will almost always prefer the second."

His brief monologue done, the dedicated turned back to his materials. Looking back at Arath for a moment, "If you'd like to, I wouldn't be opposed to some help with the construction. If the rumors are true, you know what goes into a forge yourself." Taking a step back, he embraced the source and drew deeply, "Either way, it is about time to get to work."

Arath nodded thoughtfully.  "I agree, sleep is better than forge work for most people.  The great thing about Saidin though is that you can hide the light and the sound from those that don't want them.  Still, it can be more trouble than it's worth.

"And I do believe I have some time to spare if you want my help."  He paused, chuckling.  "Since it's your forge, you'll be calling the shots.  Enjoy it, since this may be your only chance to give me orders."  Siezing the source himself, Arath pulled deeply and awaited Kain's instructions.  Every smith had his own particular way of setting up his smithy, and it wouldn't do to mess up the setup that the dediated was looking for.

Kain chuckled himself, "Hmm, I get to order around the great taskmaster himself? From what I hear, I should be getting many a solder revenge." Flashing a grin worthy of an Ogier, before setting out to work. "First, we will need a very stable and level base." That in mind, the Andorian wove earth into the ground, smoothing a large area out with a weave similar to rippling earth.

Satisfied that the earth was smooth enough to begin building, he moved to the other part of his foundation; making it stable. "Help me fire up a kiln here, would you?" With that, he wove copious amounts of fire into the ground, baking it to add strength. This weave took a bit out of the dedicated, but he ignored any strain he felt. The black tower had trained him better than that.