DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best SNES games

ChronoCrosS

This is my first real thread so I hope something like it hasn't already been made. I wanted to hear you guys thoughts on the best games on the Super Nintendo. This console hosted some of the greatest games of all time in my opinion, here is my list of the top 5 games:

5) Final Fantasy 3

One of the greatest RPG's ever, with tear jerking moments to getting enraged at Kefka, this game was an unforgettable journey.

4) Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

Actually, this game and number three could be tied, I like them both a lot. Diddy Kongs quest had some sweet music to go with amazing gamplay.

3) Super Mario World

I still play this game during boring lectures (on an emulator that is), but I own the cartridge for my Super Nintendo. Even though bowser was a little easy, still a great game.

2) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Wow, where do I start with this one, I may take some heat for this but I am going to say that this game was as good as or better than Ocarina of Time. My heart was always beating out of my chest when fighting the bosses XD

And the best game on Super Nintendo (in my opinion of course)...

1) Chrono Trigger

Best musical score ever + best story ever + lovable characters + lots of replay value = Best Game Ever

(Although it is tied with Chrono Chross for that title, but that isn't on Super Nintendo so...ya)

So guys and gals, any thoughts?

(You can bash my choices too if you want)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Well, Just have to say it but FF3 is actually FF6. Its just called FF3 on the SNES because its the 3rd FF on SNES in america.... :P

My list would be similar to yours  but..

1. FF6

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Zelda

4. Super Mario 3

5. ????

Well, Just have to say it but FF3 is actually FF6. Its just called FF3 on the SNES because its the 3rd FF on SNES in america.... :P

My list would be similar to yours  but..

1. FF6

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Zelda

4. Super Mario 3

5. ????

The thing that bugs me about the final fantasy series though is the random battles, they get annoying after awhile lol.

Aaah, SNES how I miss you so. I might have to dig out my SNES when I go home for Christmas just to see if it still works.

1. Super Mario Bros 3

2. Donkey Kong Country (This was the game I got with my SNES)

3. Donkey Kong Country 3 (never played Diddy Kong's Quest)

4. Super Mario World

As you can see I pretty much played Mario and Donkey Kong. I did also own King Arthur's World. Never beat that game though. I also had a footbal game where you played the in the world cup. I remember that when you won, the judge stole your trophy and you had to play against the Nintendo team to get it back. Never won against the Nintendo team either. Never played Zelda or FF.

Aaah, SNES how I miss you so. I might have to dig out my SNES when I go home for Christmas just to see if it still works.

1. Super Mario Bros 3

2. Donkey Kong Country (This was the game I got with my SNES)

3. Donkey Kong Country 3 (never played Diddy Kong's Quest)

4. Super Mario World

As you can see I pretty much played Mario and Donkey Kong. I did also own King Arthur's World. Never beat that game though. I also had a footbal game where you played the in the world cup. I remember that when you won, the judge stole your trophy and you had to play against the Nintendo team to get it back. Never won against the Nintendo team either. Never played Zelda or FF.

Ya my SNES in in a box somewhere in my basement but I still play it sometimes. I think number 6 on my list would be Super Mario Kart, that was also very fun. Do you like RPG's Haxorsist? If so then the final fantasy series (six or seven rock) and Chrono Trigger/Cross are must play games! And what, you havn't played Diddy Kongs quest! It actually rocks the socks off of the other ones lol. I've been trying to find a Emulation site that you can download it from. I'll post it here if I find it. Also the best SNES emulator is Snes9X, just search it on google.

I know FF are good games. I've seen my friends play it and have a good feel about how the game is (especially FF7), but just never got around to playing 'em. Same goes for Metal Gear.

I actually have a working Playstation 1 emulator with games such as Metal Gear Solid, Xenogears, FF7, Chrono Cross, etc. It rocks!

About how much memory does a decent PS1 emulator take up?  I mostly want it for Xenogears as I have episodes 1 and 2 for PS2 and wanted to go back and check it out. But now my SNES favorites:

1:Chrono Trigger (BEST EVER! I'd rather play this than any new ones)

2:Final Fantasy 6 Tied with Shadowrun

3:Final Fantasy 5 (gotta love that job system)

4:Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

5:Breath of Fire

And for a SNES emulator I use the ZSNESW

Yeah I'm kind of an RPG type of guy  ;D

About how much memory does a decent PS1 emulator take up?  I mostly want it for Xenogears as I have episodes 1 and 2 for PS2 and wanted to go back and check it out. But now my SNES favorites:

1:Chrono Trigger (BEST EVER! I'd rather play this than any new ones)

2:Final Fantasy 6 Tied with Shadowrun

3:Final Fantasy 5 (gotta love that job system)

4:Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

5:Breath of Fire

And for a SNES emulator I use the ZSNESW

Yeah I'm kind of an RPG type of guy  ;D

My PS1 emulator is called ePSXe and it is about 28 megabytes, I have vista so I had to download some video drivers and a few other files to make it work. Ya I am planning on picking up Chrono Trigger for Nintendo DS so I can play it on the go lol.

Wow, this is going back...

1. Chrono Trigger

2. F-Zero (I don't know why..but I love this game!)

3. Mariokart (this was SNES right? I'm sure I'll get some mixed up)

4. DK3

I was really into NES, but by the time SNES came out I was in middle school and just lost interest. Then when PS1 came out, I got back into the RPG aspect of video games.

F-Zero!! I loved that game. I had completely forgotten about it.

F-Zero, isn't that where Captain Falcon was from? I used to own it for my Super Nintendo but I never played it since it was overshadowed by the likes of Mario/Zelda, isnt it like racing or something?

Wow, this is going back...

1. Chrono Trigger

2. F-Zero (I don't know why..but I love this game!)

3. Mariokart (this was SNES right? I'm sure I'll get some mixed up)

4. DK3

I was really into NES, but by the time SNES came out I was in middle school and just lost interest. Then when PS1 came out, I got back into the RPG aspect of video games.

Yes Mario Kart was for the SNES and it was very fun, have you played DK2 I thought it was better than the others. If you are into RPG's for PS1 I would suggest Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7 and the list goes on...

But I am buying Chrono Trigger for DS today since I never actually beat the game  :-\ I had it for an emulator but then accidentally saved over my file when I was at the last boss.

yeah I agree with you on the PS1 games.  For PS2  for rpg's I reccomend FF 10, probably 12 as well but I haven't playe any of it except a demo, Dragon Quest 8, And the Xenosaga series I've got 1 and 2.

Ya but I don't think Xenosaga was as good as Xenogears. I'm going to have to buy a PS2 because there are so many good games for it. I actually just bought Zelda the Wind Waker for my Wii the other day and was suprised at how fun it is.

Xenosaga is pretty good but it has very VERY long cutscenes. im talkin like half an hour for a couple of them.... theres even a save point in the middle of lots of cutscenes.  ???

Ya I suppose it's more like watching a movie and then making a few of your own decisions. Is it for PS1 or 2 because I'll just download it if it's for 1

Archived