DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

so far better than RAS

rcecowood

i just started reading the eye of the world. i am about 200 pages in and am enjoying very much. recently i was reading R.A. Salvatore, the first ten anyway, and thought they were good, but robert jordan really seems to be much better, even though i am only 200 into the first book, it is much better. he seems to be better at storytelling, plot development. its a very good start to a series, not sure if i will go back to salvatore at all..

Guest TheDemigod

good to hear you've taken a liking to RJ's work, and welcome to dragonmount!

i hope you'll have funhere, and please come by th eyellow ajah's boards!

Guest TheDemigod

you have to sign up for the white tower org to get tehre, do that by pressing the usergroups button in the right upper corner -----> and join the white tower *nods*

Welcome to DM

havent read that series yet, maybe i will when im done rereading the series. :wink:

Well since youll be stopping by the yellow ajah stop by the blues too.

Fun and adventure are our things, plus blue chocolate and if your ever sad stop by, were really good at chearing people up. :D

Guest Egwene

Hello Rcecowood (how do you pronounce that??)

You have a great read ahead of you :P For anyone that likes a good story, the WoT is fantastic. And if you think it is great first time you read it... everyone here pretty much agrees that it is even better when you read it the second time round. There are so many details that seem insignificant on your first read but turn out to be really important clues... I think, that that is the real talent of RJ's storytelling... you always feel there are untold stories behind so many people and places. It makes it so real.

If you had a look at the book discussions at the moment, you would find many, many spoilers. You may want to avoid those boards until you are at least half way, if not further through the series. Feel free to send a PM if there is anything you want to discuss about tEotW.

Fiddlesticks and the non WoT discussion boards (unless something WoT is in the title of a thread) are pretty WoT free. Same for the Orgs. Why not make a start there 8)

Hope you'll enjoy the rest of the series and DM as much as those first 200 pages

:P

rc is my initials, eco is part of the company i work for and wood is part of the town i live in. i just went for something i could remember. my friend actually talk me into r jordan and away from salvatore, he lent my his copy of eothw, and i was very suprised at how much different the storytelling was. salvatore can get to be repetitive. i can tell it is something that i will want to read over, like you said it seems like i would catch alot the second time around. the friend i borrowed the book from told me everytime a new one is released in the wot, he rereads the whole series. i doubt i will read it that much since i am starting when all of the books are out. thanks for the advice, i'll stop by blue too. rob

Archived