DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings from the Blasted Lands

Tumeric

May you always find beer and trees!

I am Tumeric, hear me roar!  I hail from the mythical land of Godzone, where we brew a brown drink named in our native tongue - Strine - as XXXX (pronounced ksksksks), where our roof mistresses (in my case, the shade of my heart, Verandha) keep us warrior/hunter-gatherer types in line through the used of graphic and explosive violence, where we vow never to touch an instrument used solely for the purpose of work (the reasons for this are old, and have become clouded in the mists of time, and are probably all bull@*$^ anyway, but it's best we don't take a chance on it) and instead, arm ourselves with bottle-openers, and hide our faces behind white zinc sunburn cream before we set about killing brown glass soldiers, and sucking out their innards.  Our Wise Ones congregate under the roof, in front of our 42" crystal ter'angreal, communing with each other and reading the auguries.

Seriously, an old flame turned me onto The Wheel Of Time (I was going to reduce it to a 4-letter acronym, but it came to represent something else that she turned me onto, that we best not discuss here) in the early 90's and I bought each instalment as it was published.  Have read the older ones until they fell to bits, and wait impatiently for Tarmon Gaidon...

anyway HI!

(I was going to reduce it to a 4-letter acronym, but it came to represent something else that she turned me onto, that we best not discuss here)

See, now I'm interested, and I'll be distracted all day coming up with interesting and non-PG13 things that might correspond to TWOT, and that's just not productive. So, erm, if you ever want to, y'know, spill what it really stands for, then go ahead and let me know.  ;)

(I was going to reduce it to a 4-letter acronym, but it came to represent something else that she turned me onto, that we best not discuss here)

See, now I'm interested, and I'll be distracted all day coming up with interesting and non-PG13 things that might correspond to TWOT, and that's just not productive. So, erm, if you ever want to, y'know, spill what it really stands for, then go ahead and let me know.  ;)

Unfortunately, I cracked myself up at the idea of pronouncing it phonetically, and loved the idea of confessing that my girlfriend had started my obsession with twat or TWOT, as we say here ;) )

Oh my, a greeting from the Oz, you should feel honoured Tumeric, I don't think he's ever come here before.

Now, you could take that statement in a few ways  ;)

Refer post #5 again, Oz... the more genteel folk here will be starting to talk about us Antipodeans... I think Cadsuane has our measure... [thinks]safety in numbers... 100,000 drunken backpackers on Kontiki crusades can't be wrong...

Archived