DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

howdy all!

vikingdriver

then you have really found the right place!!!! welcome to dragonmount!! watch out where you read, cause there may be spoilers everywhere! so hurry up reading, and join us in discussing the books!! and visit our Orgs at well! specially the Band of the Red Hand, the greatest org on DM!

oh, and please tell us alittle about yourself! :D htats an interesting name you have! norsk kanskje?? or jsut interested in vikings?? lol

I'm a retired US naval Aviator. I've flown the S3-A Viking for the past 15 years and the S3-B Viking hence vikingdriver! I'm really into Sci-Fi but in the past two or three years I've really dug my heels into Fantasy. Yep its Tolkien's fault, all his. Robert jordan came by total suprise when I was looking for a new something to read. Got hooked at about page uhm four. I had just laid to rest the very well written series The Dragons of Pern by Anne McAffrey when I saw this one at the local book store.

Pretty cool story thus far!

Guest TheDemigod

Welcome to dragonmount!

i hope you'll have great time and please do come by the yellow ajah boards!

Guest Egwene

Hello Vikingdriver, welcome to DM.

my husband and I just had a look at those planes you flew... quite impressive piece of kit 8)

As Danya was saying... you will find spoilers, especially on the book discussion boards. Most of the other boards are supposed to be fairly WoT free. Fun on fiddlesticks, discussions on the same named boards and to a large extent the Org boards should be ok as long as you proceed with a little bit of care.

As you have just got into fantasy... there is a thread on the general Discussion Board 'recommended authors and series' which maybe of interest. Lots of recommendations there on what to read once you've finished WoT.

Happy landings :wink:

OOOO then you are a really big newbie.

Welcome to DM. Hope that you come to love it as much as we all do here.

Nice meeting you viking, hope that you love the book too.

Your one book ahead of me in rereding the series.

Very good series hu????

SO any people you really like in the book?

Stope by

The White Tower

The Black Tower

and definetly the Blue Ajah org.

Allways fun.

I've moved onto book seven and am half way finished with it and I am so suprised that the diffeent factions, Rand, Aes Sedai, The Rebels are more unwilling to work together for the common good, but then we wouldn't have such a great story with all the pit falls I guess. I've caught myself a time or two saying "just tell them whats on your mind." Rand means for Elayne to take the throne but she percieves it as he himself is already setting on the throne and is willing to give it to her out of nicety. She know that he had taken it from Gabriel so put the rightful people back on the throne and he holds it until their return so why not be a little more, hmm, thankful?

Guest Egwene

Hmmm... agree with the good guys not talking enough to each other. But as for Elayne...

Imagine someone wants to give you your parents house? The one which is rightfully yours? Sure you'd be happy that someone kept out intruders... but would you think that it was their 'right' to give you your inheritance?

Archived