DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So... This is Tear? (Attn. Nephitte. PM me if interested in joining :) )

Almain

The sweet chirping of the birds and the chill of morning dew failed to rose Jasin Mandraam from his peaceful slumber. The day was just starting, the sun has not showed its full form and the warm heat still soft and comforting. At first glance, the grassland and the road were devoid of any other creatures except for Jasin and some birds, but in a closer inspection, a pair of tiny little eyes were observing Jasiin from its hiding place between the long grasses.

This tiny creature was barely 10 feet away from the sleeping Jasin, and it curiously edged closer and closer until finally, it was within reach of Jasin, but still the rustling grasses did not wake Jasin up. Finally, the creature closed in and nuzzled its nose on Jasin's cheek. The young man did not stir. Unsatisfied, it once more roused Jasin, and finally, a grunt escaped Jasin and he started to move. The creature, now alarmed, jumped back and started to run away but only for a bare 5 steps before it stood on its hind legs and looked back at the rising Jasin.

Rubbing his eyes, Jasin looked around for the creature that woke him up, and their eyes met. Later, in his personal and much exaggerated autobiography, Jasin would write that the instant their eyes met, understanding of of the other started to flood on each of their minds, and they became as inseparable as a mother and her child. What happened was not that simple and convenient. Jasin had smiled in delight when he saw the creature and said, "Well hello little rabbit. Thanks for waking me up. Otherwise I would have wasted a truly beautiful morning." Jasin started to stood and for every move Jasin made, the rabbit stepped back. After a few minutes of a fruitless chase, Jasin devised of a plan.

He started to lay down and close his eyes. Controlling his breathing, he tried to make it look like he was sleeping, with hope that the rabbit would approach him like it did before. The planned work. The little rabbit edged closer and closer, unaware that he was walking into a trap. When the rabbit was standing beside Jasin, so close that he actually smelled it, Jasin quickly threw both of his arms toward the rabbit. The rabbit tried to wriggle away, but its strength was not a match for a grown man.

With a victorious smile Jasin held little rabbit up and for the first time really looked at it. The rabbit was only as long as one and a half of Jasin's hand, and it's clearly young. The color of its fur was hazel and on one of its side spots of dark red. However, at a closer inspection of the wriggling little rabbit, Jasin realized with a sad expression that the dark red spots were actually dried blood. Not the little rabbits blood, but most probably its dead parents, which would explain why such a young creature would be alone.

The rabbit was still wriggling, Jasin smiled at it and said in a soothing voice, "It's alright little one, I'll take care of you." And with one of his hand took out a turnip that he fed to the little rabbit. The wriggling stopped at once and the rabbit focused itself on chewing on the turnip. Laughing in delight, Jasin put the rabbit down and put more turnips in front of it. Then, while smiling at the eating creature, Jasin said half to himself, "For waking me up at the dawn, I shall call you Dawn.. Fitting, don't you think?" Dawn just looked at him and continued his eating.

Soon, Jasin was ready to travel, and Dawn finished his turnips. When Jasin went to pick up the little rabbit, it stepped back. However, when Jasin walked away, Dawn followed. With a smile, Jasin thought, That would do for now... and continued his journey. That night, he put a check mark on one of the item in his Have-To-Do-Before-I-Die list: Get a follower. Jasin put his pen down, looked at the still following Dawn and laughed. A follower indeed.

After a few day of uneventful travel, Jasin finally arrived at his destination, Tear. Even before he had reached its gate, Jasin had seen the magnificent Stone of Tear, the natural fortress. He got out his Have-To-See-Before-I-Die list and crossed out Stone of Tear. With that, he entered the city, Dawn following behind him.

While it wasn't his first time in a city, he was born in Mayene after all, the Tear was still an awesome experience for him. For one, it's a much bigger city, and also with more people in it. He dimly remembered that the city was in the hands of the Dragon Reborn now. However, after only a few minutes inside the city of Tear, a familiar, but dreaded sensation started inside Jasin. Holding his head with his left hand, Jasin's legs buckled under the severe pain of a blinding headache, as if his head was split in two. It followed with the lost of vibrancy in the colors of the world, as if he had entered an alternate reality. His visions started to blur to the point that he could not recognize facial features not geometrical shape. The sounds ceased and a loud silence sunk in. Without even knowing it, Jasin had fallen on the ground, his eyes looking at the sky. Jasin looked around and saw people starting to gather around him, but it was so unreal that he thought it was only a dream. The only thing he remembered before finally passing out was Dawn licking his face. Then everything became dark.

IC: Veria stood there bartering with the street vendor. She was getting a little annoyed with him because he was charging an outrageous price for the bolt of silk she was inspecting. It was a beautiful blue color with silver embroidery.

As she began to speak again to the seller she heard a noise and a commotion from behind her. She turned her head to see what the matter was…her face obscured by her deep hood she wore. She was in Tear after all and did not need to be bothered by Tear’s discrimination against the “witches”. What she saw behind her was a crowd gathering around something she could not see. Thanking the silk seller she moved towards the group. She was dressed fine enough to look a lady so they easily made way for her. What she found was a man laying there. It appeared he had passed out or fainted. Kneeling beside him she thumbed his eyes back and they where rolled to the back of his head. So he was not dead…just fainted.

Veria ordered the closes person to her to get some water and for a few men to move him off the ground. They moved him to a bench and when they where finished the water arrived. Veria started to wipe the man’s brow with the cool water and lightly smacked his cheeks to see if she could bring him around. Then someone offered her smelling salts…veria was about to reach for her own but accepted the vial offered her. She unstopped the bottle and waved the salts under his nose hoping he would wake up.

Jasin opened his eyes and found himself standing on the sea, yes! On the sea! Looking around Jasin could see nothing but the wide open blue sea and the sky. It was silent, as if no living creatures existed. Jasin started to walk somehow feeling like there's something not right in walking on water. Then, he heard something coming from behind him, and Jasin turned around. Lo, a large ship was approaching him in full speed. Jasin watched curiously as the ship closed the distance, and then he saw on the deck a pair of couple, proud and smiling and Jasin somehow knew that they were his parents. A wide grin appeared in Jasin's face and he waved to his parents. They must be coming to get me... And then we can travel the Aryth Ocean together! However, the ship did not slow down and it went passed Jasin. Jasin yelled at his parents to stop and bring him aboard, but they just waved and smiled sadly. The ship was getting farther and farther away and Jasin ran at them, not wanting to be left behind yet once again. Suddenly, his water walking ability disappeared and Jasin plunged into the water. Jasin was a good swimmer, but he was drowning. And somehow the salt in this sea was much more than usual, and it's filling Jasin's nostril. He couldn't breath and the smell of salt was painful.

"Ahh... too much salt... Why is there so much salt?" Jasin woke up. The smell of salt was still there, so Jasin thought he was still in the sea, and he jerked and kicked upwards, thinking he was swimming towards the surface. Then his feet kicked something hard, and he realized that he wasn't drowning in the sea and was infact on a bench with people surrounding him. Jasin looked around with a curious face and said, "Aaah... I fainted again didn't I?" And he chukled. Jasin looked at the people one by one and said, "My gratitude for your care for my condition, but I'm okay now." He bowed his head a little at each. Then to the person--Jasin could not tell the gender because of the cowl-- that was holding the salt he added, "Thank you very much for rousing me. You are such a nice person, willing to help a stranger like me." Jasin remembered something and arched his neck looking for something. Where's Dawn? Jasin searched for his rabbit but didn't found him, and he could not look for him yet because of the lingering after effects.

• 2 weeks later...

IC: The man started to struggle a little and muttered unconsciously. He suddenly woke and looked around.

The situation dawned on him and he laughed and said..

"Aaah... I fainted again didn't I? My gratitude for your care for my condition, but I'm okay now.”

He then looked at Veria and thanked her…

"Thank you very much for rousing me. You are such a nice person, willing to help a stranger like me."

Veria shook her head in wonder. The man had fainted and was hardly fazed by it. Obviously this had happened to him before. Veria stood and helped the man to his feet. She then introduced herself…

“ Well now that you are on your feet again… I am Veria and visiting Tear. I’d like to talk to you…would you care for something to eat?”

• 1 month later...