DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

When You Get A Memory Of Light.....

Darth_Andrea

Ya know I was talking to my partner tonight about the last book. We got to talking about how we were going to actually read it and I thought it was a interesting question. Myself I'm going to look through the chapter lists and see if I can find where Egwene is attending Elaida cause thats one of the things I want to see so badly I can almost taste it.

How will you read AMOL when you first get it in your hand's?

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif    anim-ring.gif

I am going to read it from front to back without skipping.  A couple of reasons:

1) That's the way I read books.  I've spoiled things for myself before by randomly flipping ahead.

2) In AMOL, it just feels right for the first read.  I mean, it's RJ's last book, so I figure I might as well read it in the order he meant it to be read.  But that's my personal interpretation, and it is in no way, shape, or form calling skipping to a particular scene disrespectful to RJ.

I will be reading it very carefully, making sure not to look further down the page than I was at. >_>

Definately! I dont even loon at chapternames before I Start reading, too afraid to read any spoilers. lol

Also, I will make sure I dont have anything to do so I dont have to stop reading O_o

I however intend to read the prologue, then skip to the last few pages. Why would i do such a horrid thing? Seeing how I have been reading these great books for over ten years actually praying I don't die some silly way, such as falling down a open manhole cover and braking my neck. I figure I have waited long enough to see what happens to Rand and the rest.

i will proceed to stay up all night to read and skip school the next day if necessary.  I intend to read it at least 3 times before the week is done, and will probably read the whole book in 8 hours.  the first time i read it to read it, the second to make sure i didnt miss anything, and the third i will read my favorite parts over and over again

Apart from straining my eyes so as not to skip ahead even the tinyest bit, I'm going to do my damnedest to not think about who wrote what. Might be that I'll play the 'Jordan or Sanderson?' game on rereads, but I'm hoping that I wont give it much thought, if any, on the first read.

I'm always trying to be without that small check to the last pages, but maybe i'm all the way too curios person, 'cause i allways fail. I really have to grow some self-control before the book is realised. I think that my reading goes normal way: an hour once and next time two hours and att school during the lessons (under the table, of course).

The same way I read every book, I start by reading the first dozen to twenty chapter, then set the book aside for a month or so while I work on a porject of my own, then pick it back up a month or more later to finish it. All the while I will never skip.

The reason I do this is because even though my own books aren't near as good as those I read, they are still more interesting to me...did that sound narcissistic?

Archived