DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who dies?

ryanalthor

I know I have thought about this too much, who dies in MoL?  Knowing RJ, I would think he would want some of the main carachters to die to keep things realistic and emotional, but who??  I've heard many people say Rand is for sure going to die, but I don't think he is.  However, I do think either Matt or Perrin will and I think maybe one if not two of Rand's lovers; perhaps Min and Aviendah.  This is going to be one of the most interesting parts of MoL.  I can't wait!!!!

Rand is prophesied to die.  Min had a viewing that Alivia would kill him.  Somewhere there is a prediction of him in a funeral bier; I think it is one of Egwene's dreams.  The Aelfinn told to Rand that if he is to survive the Last Battle he is to die.  Rand I think might end up being resurrected.

Other than that; by one of Egwene's dreams, someone that looks like Rand (maybe Taim) would die.

No other specific death is foretold.

Min had a viewing Aviendha would also have Rand's babies.  From what I heard, she has not even got pregnant yet.  Also, the thing of Rand's funeral bier shows 3 women; those would be Min, Elayne, and Aviendha.

There were outrigger novels planned; one of them I heard was Mat and Tuon, so Mat will live.

I totally think that Perrin will die in AMOL, many people point to the broken crown viewing by Min to suggest he will live but in reality it was before he met Faile, and now he has that viewing in my opinion has been fulfiled. Was Alivia going to kill Rand or help him die tho? i was sure it was help him die but gets worded after as killing him

I totally think that Perrin will die in AMOL, many people point to the broken crown viewing by Min to suggest he will live but in reality it was before he met Faile, and now he has that viewing in my opinion has been fulfiled.

For it to be fulfilled, Perrin & Faile would need to be on Saldaea's thrown together which to my knowledge has not yet happened.

I totally think that Perrin will die in AMOL, many people point to the broken crown viewing by Min to suggest he will live but in reality it was before he met Faile, and now he has that viewing in my opinion has been fulfiled.

For it to be fulfilled, Perrin & Faile would need to be on Saldaea's thrown together which to my knowledge has not yet happened.

That is totally untrue, Faile is in line for the broken crown, your just believing what you think(which is fair enough) you don't know that it means they have to be the king and queen and take the throne

That is totally untrue, Faile is in line for the broken crown, your just believing what you think(which is fair enough) you don't know that it means they have to be the king and queen and take the throne

Being king and queen of Saldaea is what I meant; merely being in line to me does not fulfill it.

From the Encyclopaedia site, Tenobia still has the thrown; after her comes Bashere (Faile's dad).  For Perrin & Faile to gain it, those 2 would need to be removed which has not yet happened.

Its the broken crown. Given the other viewings Min has had about those who would become royalty having crowns in the vision, I think it means Perrin most likely has to recieve the crown (Which is kind of odd since it would go to Faile and not Perrin). If you remember though several of Min's viewings include crowns. To the point that she tells Darlin what the new crown for Tear should look like.

To the point that she tells Darlin what the new crown for Tear should look like.

To me, that has always represented a fascinating logical scenario.  Min sees the future, so she knows what will happen.  She sees a crown above Darlin's head, and tells him what his crown should look like.  But would Darlin have chosen that crown design regardless?  Or was Min seeing that future because in the future she tells him what his crown should look like?

To the point that she tells Darlin what the new crown for Tear should look like.

To me, that has always represented a fascinating logical scenario.  Min sees the future, so she knows what will happen.  She sees a crown above Darlin's head, and tells him what his crown should look like.  But would Darlin have chosen that crown design regardless?  Or was Min seeing that future because in the future she tells him what his crown should look like?

A very interesting question. Min has also tried to change some viewings, and has told others who have tried to change them (Rand). And no matter what they seem to come true. The only viewing that isn't like this is the double option where Egwene might live or might die.

I am assuming here, stree guessing heavily, that the pattern might know what Min's actions will do before she can see the viewing. Min's viewings might already take into account the fact that Min will know and anyone she tells before she can see them. It is about the only thing that fits given the fact that they never fail and she has tried to stop them in the past (as well as Rand trying to stop them)

Rand is prophesied to die. Min had a viewing that Alivia would kill him.
Rand is prophesied to die and live - "to live, you must die" and "he who is dead yet lives". And Alivia will help him die. As Rand himself notes, this is not quite the same thing.

i think you hope. not all viewings mean a royal birth. soz like
No-one is claiming that they do. What they are claiming is that a viewing of the Broken Crown around Perrin somehow links him to the Broken Crown. And not thinking that his wife being in the line of succession cuts it. If Tenobia and Bashere die, Faile gets the crown, and Perrin rules alongside her. Viewing fulfilled.

When Perrin was in charge he had the Red Eagle of Manetheren flying and he gave it up to save Faile, could this be considered a broken crown?
No. There was no throne, no kingdom, no crown, least of all a broken one. On the other hand, Saldaea's crown is already called the Broken Crown. There was a Manetheren crown millennia ago. It has nothing to do with Perrin. It never did.

(Which is kind of odd since it would go to Faile and not Perrin).
It could go to both of them, and have the two of them rule together.

Rand is prophesied to die and live - "to live, you must die" and "he who is dead yet lives". And Alivia will help him die. As Rand himself notes, this is not quite the same thing.

it could just be as simple that he will die now and be reborn for the next age thousand of years later as the dragon reborn reborn.

i doubt Jordan would do that to us, but it's a possibility

Rand is prophesied to die. Min had a viewing that Alivia would kill him.

Rand dies/subsumes himself and lets Lews Therin assume control.

I am assuming here, stree guessing heavily, that the pattern might know what Min's actions will do before she can see the viewing. Min's viewings might already take into account the fact that Min will know and anyone she tells before she can see them. It is about the only thing that fits given the fact that they never fail and she has tried to stop them in the past (as well as Rand trying to stop them)

I agree.  It would be paradoxical otherwise, assuming Min's power comes from the Pattern.  The Pattern has to know what the future will be if it allows Min to see glimpses of the future.

I don't see it happening, but one of the main characters that could die is Egewene. There are no fortellings of viewings that have her specifically present after TG and there is a viewing that she might die. But again I don't see it happening, and I bet she ends up being saved instead which was the other option.

However didn't Min have another 50/50 viewing regarding Suian?

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

However didn't Min have another 50/50 viewing regarding Suian?

I think it was Min (might have been Egwene dreaming).

It was essentially "Stay close to Gareth Bryne or you're dead."

I believe.

Saldaea's thrown

OMG its throne!!

I think it was Min (might have been Egwene dreaming).

it was indeed Min.

this is from the Lord of Chaos, chapter 14, Dreams and Nightmares, page 255

"The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he he who is dead yet lives."

that was Nicola's first foretelling, which pertains to Elayne, Aviendha and Min, and imho obviously Rand.

it could just be as simple that he will die now and be reborn for the next age thousand of years later as the dragon reborn reborn.

and i also highly doubt that would be the case :P

Nicolas Foretelling that pretty much tells us we havent seen the last of Rand after he dies.

"The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives." Also, Melaine had a vision of Rand in a boat with three women whos faces she couldnt see. Put them together and you have Rand, Elayne, Aviendha and Min in the boat. Rand will be alive after dying before the end of AMOL.

Also, RJ confirmed in an interview that the Rahvin balefire incedent was indeed Mat dying and living again.

I think Davram Bashere will die. Mins viewing didnt explain much. "If he turns against you, or dies..." Maybe Bashere will turn out to be a Darkfriend and will end up being killed, although Im pretty sure that isnt a new idea

Archived