DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Band Bio- Lanette Cordragoran FL CC'd Makalaka

Guest Estel

Guest Estel

Lanette Cordragoran

Lanette Cordragoran is the eldest child of a man and woman who once faced each other as enemies in battle.

Her father, Ruairidh, who was descendent from a noble house of the dead Malkeir, and who proudly wore the hadori to proclaim his Malkeiri heritage, was an officer in the Sheinaran army that rode south during the Aiel War. Her mother, Shayle, who never revealed her clan or sept, was a Maiden of the Spear who crossed the Spine of the World with at the beginning of the Aiel War. In battle Ruairidh managed to take Shayle prisoner. Soon after they fell in love and she laid a bridal wreath at his feet.

A year later Shayle gave birth to a girl child, Lanette, whose facial features are an exact replica of those of her father’s drawn in softer, feminine lines. However, inexplicably she is petite of stature, with coal-black eyes despite her blue-eyed, considerably taller-than-average parents. After the Aiel War, Ruairidh and Shayle settled in Kayacun in western Saldaea, with Lanette and her newborn twin brothers.

Lanette learned weapons and fighting techniques from her indulgent father and some of his old comrades in battle, along with the other, more conventional arts and skills that she was tutored in. However, her dreams were always of adventure, which prompted her to excel in the battle-skills more than the domestic.

At the age of 22, she left home in search of adventure, to join the Great Hunt for the Horn of Valere. However, later having heard the rumor that the Horn has already been found, she travels to Andor. However, disliking the political turmoil in Caemlyn, she decided to visit Cairhien, after hearing tales about the Dragon Reborn. Once there, she hears about the rising fame of the Band of the Red Hand, and tales of its recent great victory against the Shaido Aiel.

She perceived the Band as the best opportunity she would have of fighting against the Dark forces who destroyed her ancestral land of Malkeir. After some consideration of which regiment to join, she finally chose the Archers. She trained in the use of various types of bows under veteran officers, and has put her knowledge and skills into excellent use in several skirmishes.

Guest Arie Ronshor

quick question, How long ago was the Aiel war to tyhe time period of 'now' and this character concept.

Although by theory a Maiden would not lay a wreath form someone outside thier sept/clan, maybe a bit more of a explination for this would be better. (I, personally, don't have a problem, but i wouldn't mind a bit more of an indepth look at why Aiel. The man must have had a really fine behind for a maiden to consider leaving behind so much for him. War or not.)

Maidens are VERY spirited, and it must hae been something to tame her. I 'know' that the bio isn't about the mother, but for an aiel to exist outside, there has to be more than simply 'falling in love'.

*ggls* But i like it otherwise.

Arie

The Aiel war took place about 20 year ago, in 978 NE. Now while the Aiel have a great deal of respect for the Borderlanders, which are the only wetlanders,outsde of those who are warder trained, who have some chance against an Aiel in combat, marrigaes outside of the Aiel are very rare. Not impossible but very rare.

What you need to do now, is to send this bio to aielbios@yahoo.com and our biochecker will either mail back to you suggestions about editing the bio or post his approval,crosscheck in this case.

Hey, for the time being, I'm going to suggest that this bio be edited to not include the Aiel as a mother. It's a little much for this to happen, especially from a descendant of a noble house of Malkier. It's very unlikely that an Aiel would even reveal information under totrutre, as we saw in CoT, let alone fall in love and marry a wetlander whom they thought were below them, especially in an Aiel wedding ceremony. Unless Alissa comes by and okay's this, then I'm going to say that this particualr scenario should be thought out again.

devon

Aiel ADL

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, did some modifications to the bio. Hope it'll work this time :wink:

Lanette Cordragoran’s father, Ruairidh, was a descendent from a noble house of the dead Malkeir. A man who proudly wore the hadori to proclaim his Malkeiri heritage, he was an officer in the Sheinaran army that rode south during the Aiel War. Her mother, Shayle, was a Cairhien that he saved from an Aiel spear during the war. Soon after they fell in love and got married.

A year later Shayle gave birth to a girl child, Lanette, whose facial features are an exact replica of those of her father’s drawn in softer, feminine lines. However, like her mother she is petite of stature with dark eyes. After the Aiel War, Ruairidh and Shayle settled in Kayacun in western Saldaea, with Lanette and her newborn twin brothers.

Lanette learned weapons and fighting techniques from her indulgent father and some of his old comrades in battle, along with the other, more conventional arts and skills that she was tutored in. However, her dreams were always of adventure, which prompted her to excel in the battle-skills more than the domestic.

At the age of 22, she left home in search of adventure, to join the Great Hunt for the Horn of Valere. However, later having heard the rumor that the Horn has already been found, she travels to Andor. However, disliking the political turmoil in Caemlyn, she decided to visit Cairhien, after hearing tales about the Dragon Reborn. Once there, she hears about the rising fame of the Band of the Red Hand, and tales of its recent great victory against the Shaido Aiel.

She perceived the Band as the best opportunity she would have of fighting against the Dark forces who destroyed her ancestral land of Malkeir. After some consideration of which regiment to join, she finally chose the Archers. She trained in the use of various types of bows under veteran officers, and has put her knowledge and skills into excellent use in several skirmishes.

I'm sealing the deal, consider it CC'd :) Oh and Lanette, I need a name for that Malkieri House :) Just PM it to me whenever you come up with a name.

Edit: Sorry, I'm an idiot :) Cordragon.

• 4 years later...