DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi there!

JB Sedai

Hi all,  I am JB Sedai (Jacques Blaauw, but since I'm male, my name just doesn't sound right with Sedai after it), I joined just last week.  I'm of the Light-Brown Ajah (half White, half Brown).

I'm new to your forum, but not to the Wheel of Time.  I read the tEotW for the first time in 2003, after received a pdf with the first 9 books from a friend.  Before I even finished the first book, I went and bought tGH.  I now own all the books, and I'm on book 9 of my 5th read-through.

Other fantasy I also like is the Dune series by Frank Herbert and anything by Trudi Canavan.  And, of course, Terry Pratchett.  As far as other fiction goes, I like Stephen King (own 56 of his books) and almost all of the Penguin Classics.

Anyway, the sticky said I should say hello, so hi!

*pets the sticky* Good sticky, you did your job. Good boy sticky.

Heh heh, welcome to DM. Glad to see you forsook the PDF's for the real thing, nothing like a good book in your hands.

I must say, I loved the Dune series, specifically the parts written by Frank himself, more than the bits written by his son.

So, what brought you to DM? And whats it going to take to make you stay? :P

Barm

Official newbie greeter since '07

Hi Barm,  thanks for the welcome.

What made me join DM is mostly the WoT discussions.  I finished my 5th or 6th reread of the FAQ, and there's a lot wrong with it (I realise it's mostly just outdated, but still).  I need a better place to test and check my theories.  I actually looked at some of the other forums as well, but yours has the best software.  Dragonmount has always been a little bit more "official" than the other sites as well.

I've read the entire Dune series twice, and the first book, 'drum roll', 11 times :o.  I like the first book.

I actually still have the PDF, and I noticed the other day that the first 27 chapters of book 4 isn't there.  Kinda weird.  I'm glad I switched to the books.  I did my bit to enable Mr Rigney writing full time (which a lot of writers can't afford).  Plus my eyes would have been completely destroyed by the computer screen by now. 8)

Anyway, gots to go.  Almost done with WH.  Can't wait for KoD.  Again.

We just call it the Tan Ajah around here, JB ;)  And in the WT Org, we actually have Brothers in the Ajah as well; we have two fine specimens in the Browns, and at least one fine specimen in the Whites!  And I myself roleplay both a Brown and a White Sister in the White Tower Division, so I know the appeal of both.

And only 11 re-reads?  Pfft, talk to me when you've got 30+.  *giggles*

Anyways, welcome to Dragonmount - we're all a little insane here!

Insane doesn't begin to cover it!

Good to see another Trudi Canavan fan as well. I enjoyed her High Lord Trilogy. Really good and easy read. There are a lot of hidden treasures in the world of fantasy.

Anyway, welcom to DM! Have a good explore, and ask any questions.

And a free M-G Brew will be waiting for you should you sign up for the Band of the Red Hand ORG! ;)

Archived