DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings from Sweden :)

Mauya-Atan

Hi, I´m a 36 year old Fantasy lover from Sweden. I´ve read fantasy since I was like nine or ten years old ;), of course the Tolkien books for starters but after that aloooot of fantasy and SF books :P When I read the first Jordan book I just wanted to read them all as fast as I could, and I got pretty mad about the fact that the swedish publisher split the books in 2 when they translated them so they could publish moore books to cash in moore money on one book :S. I sent some angry mail to them :D and pointed out to them the unethical in doing that. Don´t think they cared ;) but anyway I bought all of the books in english instead of swedish and waited to the next book to come out in the stores....... and now I have to wait atleast a year to get the last book :(

Well, other things that interest me besides the "the wheel of time"...........hmmmmm.....................oooh yes! I have a Honda VFR 750 (a Motorcycle) that I enjoy during the summer time, wich is pretty short here in Sweden,( we don´t have polar beers on the street´s ;) ).

Hope you all can read my poor english, c ya out there in cyber space!! :D

/Mauya-Atan (Wich means "Powerfull man" in elvish :P )

Hey, where in Sweden are you from? I'm from Umeå myself. Always good to see more Swedes here.  :) I also hated that they split the books in two, so I started reading them in English. Much better in my opinion. 

Anyway, welcome to DM!

Cheers Mauya, does your name have any sort of special meaning? Or is it from a series of books you've read?

Also, your english is quite good. Its funny actually, the Swedish members of this site tend to have better english than anyone else. Especially the Americans, who can't spell anything that require's the letter U right... :P

Anyways, Welcome to DM

Barm

Chillin with Swedes since 2007

Hi and thank´s Barmacral!

Yes, my name has a meaning. When I started to play online games, my friend told me that I must have a nick, He said I couldn´t use my real name, dooh ;) So he named me Daforce after a rap artist, ( he used to call me Ricardo Daforce, my name is Rikard) So Daforce stick to me through the years of online gaming until i joined a clan that used elvish names! So ofcourse I wanted something that ment the same thing! Mauya-Atan El´Curraidh is the whole name wich means "Powerfull man From the warrior champions"

/Mauya

Lovely name!  Welcome to DM!

Barm, I'll have you know that I take care to include all the "u's" where required.  :P ;)  I have even been known to reverse my "er's" upon occasion.  :D  But I draw the line at spelling the word 'tire'  'tyre'.  ;D

Don't worry about your English, M-A; it is very good. Hope to see you at the Stedding sometime.  :)

At least one more. :)

Always nice to hear from fellow Swedes. Must be fate because I was born in Umeå and then I moved to Nyköping. Now I'm in Linköping though. :)

Haven't read the books in English yet but it's planned. Especially since everyone I've spoken to that has says they're much better.

spanks Corki ;) It´s good to be welcome by so many nice people :) But i have to say that sweden suck this time of year  :-\ It´s Cold, windy and so ....... dark. You get up when it´s dark to go to work and comes home when it´s dark. Depressing is the least you can call it. But that´s the best time to get warm with a good book  ;D like WoT  8)

/Mauya

spanks Corki ;) It´s good to be welcome by so many nice people :) But i have to say that sweden suck this time of year  :-\ It´s Cold, windy and so ....... dark. You get up when it´s dark to go to work and comes home when it´s dark. Depressing is the least you can call it. But that´s the best time to get warm with a good book  ;D like WoT  8)

/Mauya

Sounds like the UK then! lol!

Archived