DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The War of the Shadow - Of Darkness and Light

Winterwinds

OOC: ok we shall continuie this and hopefully you will be able to just hop right in again, anyway...

IC: Looking at the Green in the corner Thallan barely payed attention to the two other men in the room and their conversation. He knew almost everyface in the Green Ajah but this man's name evaded him. " I vote we move her back to my unit, and we can start out to a safer location from there." Jon suggested just as Thallan turned around. "Ok, well after we inform my Ajah's head I can go no further than your camp to make sure you make it their safe"Jainar said with a worried look on his face. "A good idea, but since I've never been there, Jainar must make the portal." Thallan said with a blank expression on his face. " And when we get there I will put wards on her to protect and if she gets attacked to warn us." Nodding his head at the idea Jainar said "Well I have only been to their camp once. So I can get you there, but as I said you must say goodbye to me afterwards." Then realizing something Thallan turned to Jon and said " My idea of getting her a weapon will have to be moved up. I'll take a measurement of her armspan and I will go get her a Power wrought blade. She can complain later, but when she wakes up she should be grateful for it." Put his thumbs in his sword belt waiting for a response.

Thallan

And the events unfold before us.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon listened as the others made the plan on how to get out, then Thallan turned to Jon and said " My idea of getting her a weapon will have to be moved up. I'll take a measurement of her armspan and I will go get her a Power wrought blade. She can complain later, but when she wakes up she should be grateful for it." This idea was good, she would need a blade badly when she woke up. Nodding to Thallan he said "Then do what must be done." Smiling he said "Going to raid the Green armory? When you are done with her I will take her to the traveling room that you showed me. Meet me there." With that he let Thallan do his work as he gathered up the few things he had bought or created while his was here, namely the two carved wolves he had made. He put this all in his pack and then belted on his sword, and went into Scylla's room to wait for Thallan to finish his measurements.

Jon

Hopes he is ready for anything...

Finishing up his measurements, Thallan went into the other room and opened up a gateway to inside his quarters. Packing all his need possesions he then went to door and opened it to the hallway of the Green Quarters. Closing the door he almost ran all the way to the Armory if it wasn;t for hee would look suspicious. Heading through the armory door THallan went over to the sword rack and pulled out his paper of measurements. Taking a sword that looked the right size he picked it up and sheithed it from a shieth from near by. Then running to the door to outside he opened a gateway to Jainar's quarters. Jainar wasn't there but a package with a note saying "To Thallan, your special request" he picked it up and put it in his bag. Making another gateway to outside the dining hall, he went and lied to a cook about going out on a mission for new channelers. So the cook gave him enough rations for 3 people to survive on for a week. Thanking the cook he walked outside of the Hall and then traveled back into the rooms where Scylla and Jon were. "Ok I got everything that will help us journey places." Then placing his bags on his cot he sat down and gave the sword for Scylla to Jon.

Thallan

Tired from Traveling so much.

When Thallan finished his mesurments and left to go get what would be needed for the trip Jon tried to figure out how best to carry Scylla. He could make a gurney that could be carried between two people, or he could just simple carry her, both of which seemed like a good option but he settled on just carrying her to the camp, were they  had places to put wounded soldiers when they needed to be moved. He awkwardly picked her up, making sure to not let any of the blankets slip, and to be careful of her wings and tail. By the time he had figured out how best to carry her Thallan had returned looking as if he had run five miles with full armor on. He was carrying all the things they would need, along with a sword which he handed to Jon. He put the sword across his back along with his own sword and laughed when he saw what the scabbard had on it, a wolf howling to the moon. By this time Jainar had returned, he looked out of breath and told Jon the head of his Ajah had been informed, she didnt like it but understood that they could not longer stay. Without any other words Jainar opened the gateway back to Jon's unit, and went though. After one last look around the room to make sure he didnt forget anything, which he hadn't, Jon stepped though back to his camp.

Jon

Freedom?

• 2 weeks later...

Upon entering the portal, Scylla started to stir slightly, not waking up but rather trying to shift into a more comfortable position against Thallan's chest. The change from Power-heated room to the outside cold was a bit sudden, especially considering all she was wearing were the blankets wrapped around her form, and she mumbled something about closing the window before falling back into the rhythmic breaths of sleep.

It was clear that she would wake up in a matter of hours, and even though she would still be weak from the Healing being able to move about on her own -- in a limited way -- would provide the two Aes Sedai with some armspace.

Scylla

Starting to wake

When Scylla moved Jon almost lost balance, she was a awkward burden to carry, but he was able to recover before he tripped. As he made his way deeper into the camp soldiers started to come forth, most look worried about Scylla, most were asking if they could assist him in anyway. Then there were those who looked at the two Aes Sedai with contempt, why were they here? The wolves all but ignored the Aes Sedai and just watched from among the trees, most likely waiting too see how the soldiers would respond to the two. Jon made his way to the tent they had set aside for Scylla after her flight, he greeted his soldiers with as much of a smile as he could find, "Yes she was alright," "No the Aes Sedai did not hurt her" "I do not know if she is cured yet, we must wait till she wakes." Such was the conversation that passed between him and his soldiers. As for Thallan and Jainar they both made their way to the command tent were they would wait for Jon. When he reached the tent he put Scylla down and made sure she was resting before he headed outside and set a guard on her tent, which included wolves who volunteered, and then went to the command tent. Spring Rain met him there along with a guard of soldiers, all of which wanted to know what was going on more then what he had said, he let Spring in and no one else. Inside Thallan was waiting, but Jainar had left, Thallan explained he could not stay any longer. Jon sat down at the table in the center of the tent were most of the maps of the valley still were laid out. He motioned for Thallan to take a seat and waited, still worrying despite knowing Scylla would be alright.

Jon

A long road ahead.   

The rather peaceful scene would be disturbed about an hour later by Jainar, who would detect channeling outside. Only a few seconds later the tentflap was opened by a small weave of air, revealing the form of Toram as he stepped into the tent. And from the look on his face, lacking any emotion whatsoever, he was not happy about something.

- "Good morning Captain Valewind, Jainar Sedai. It seems our plans didn't seem to work out as they should have."

His voice was as emotionless as the expression of his face, giving him an almost ominous appearance. It would remain so for the duration of his speech, the very words seemingly dropping the temperature in the tent further and further, though he was no longer holding the Power at that point.

- "One could only wonder how your presence was discovered so, especially with the knowledge that one has about the orders i had given you."

He walked over to where Jon and Jainar were sitting, not fast, but with a calmness that seemed to deny the menace sparking in the man's eyes as he glared at the two of them as if trying to pin them to the ground with a look.

- "You both remember the words i spoke, do you not? How you were told that no matter the circumstances, Captain Valewind was not to leave the room?"

He stopped his advance, standing less than two feet in front of the two sitting on the ground, the aura of rage radiating from Toram starting to press down on the both of them.

- "That my orders were for Scylla's safety was something i believed i made abundantly clear to you!"

At the mention of Scylla, he momentarily glanced in her direction, releasing the white knuckled fist he was holding at his side then. He managed to get a grip on his rage again at seeing she was unhurt despite being moved, but knowing what could have happened still threatened to flare his anger back up again at the slightest provocation. His lips were thin, only a line on his face now, and his glare would have broken a Myrddraal.

- "So tell me, you two wouldn't happen to know why half the Tower Guards are talking about this new person showing up and beating everyone, would you not? This new person that seemed to be accompanying your friend Thallan Sedai a lot? Of course not, how could you, as you surely have not defied my direct orders and left the room?"

The look of barely restrained anger in his face and words made it perfectly clear that he was well aware who that mysterious person was. Had he had any less self control, he would have lifted the two of them off their feet to shake them for their stupidity. He wondered if he'd be able to perform that feat without the use of saidin, had he allowed himself to divert from what he had come there to say. His voice turned back to that emotionless cold, though the anger still burned in his eyes.

- "That said, your discovery was quite unfortunate. I find myself wondering how this could have happened... How did you manage to be discovered when all you did was remain in the room?"

Toram Rashvere

To anger an Aes Sedai...

Jon listened to the Aes Sedai's anger heated speech, though his voice was completely devoid of any emotion the words still conveyed the anger, he could not help but feel sorry for him. He had trusted Jon and Thallan to NOT be discovered and they had, though they had not failed him. When he spoke of Scylla's safety Jon could not help but grimace, her safety was his only objective at this point how dare he think it was not important to him. But, he had a point, one Jon could not ignore. Though he did not say it Jon knew that Toram knew exactly who the "Swordsman" that had shown up and the green training grounds was. When he finally stopped talking Jon looked at him, he hoped he did not look too abashed and said, "I do not know Aes Sedai," He looked at Thallan, "While you most likely have already figured out I did indeed leave, though it was under the cover of a illusion woven by Thallan that he assured me could not be traced, it leaves me with an interesting thought." He looked around the room again before he spoke again, "For years, Wolfkin have been seen as Shadow spawn, perhaps someone figured out I was there, and jumped to the conclusion of me being the shadow spawn it has happened before." He grimaced, he had gone though a few towns were stones, and worse, were thrown at him and his troops. "But know, I would never do anything to endanger Scylla, her safety is my highest priority." He waited to see what would be said next, fearing he had over stepped himself, but knowing he had said what he needed to.

Jon

Spoke his mind.

Toram took a deep breath, silently running possible scenarios through his mind. Oh, he was still angry, but the embarrassed look on Jons face told him his speech had had its desired outcome. He considered sitting down, but chose to remain standing, instead looking at his surroundings before contnuing.

- "Perfect or not, no illusion can survive the amount of attention you called on yourself. There is a war, and never a shortage of Aes Sedai looking for new Warders. I can only guess you ended up making one of them curious enough to follow you under an illusion of their own. If that's the case, i pray Scylla wasn't the one that was seen, or there'd be no end to the trouble it'd cause... Speaking of..."

He walked over to Scylla as he reached for the One Power, placing a hand on her back. Scylla shuddered due to the Delving weave that was used on her, and a moment later Toram stood up again.

- "The patches we've made seem to be holding and i can detect no signs of the taint returning. So far, so good, but i'd like to keep tabs on her just in case. We've set up the weave that it will fade away over time, allowing the soul to repair itself at a manageable pace, but with no precedent there's the chance we misjudged the timing."

He nodded at Jon and Jainar before walking over to the middle of the tent again, the traveling portal appearing in midair again.

- "Don't worry about contacting me, i know where to find you. Most Aes Sedai have an affinity with the people they Heal, and in my case i can point them out from the other side of the Aryth Ocean if need be. It's a rare Talent, and not the strongest by far, but it still comes in useful every once in a while."

And with that, he stepped into the portal, the hole in the air closing behind him. At that time, the people guarding the tent came rushing in with weapons drawn, expecting trouble since they had been held with bonds of Air up until now.

Toram

Home again

Jon listened to Toram as he explained how he might of been discovered by an Aes Sedai, and it seemed like the best possibility out of all the ones him and Thallan had spoken of, most of which had been someone sneaking into the rooms while they slept and such. Then Toram went and checked on Scylla, he must of delved her for she shivered at his touch, after a moment he stood up and explained of how they had woven a slowly dissipating weave that would allow her soul to repair itself over time and at a steady controlled rate. After this he opened a gateway and stepped though, at which point most of the guards around the tent came rushing in with their swords drawn.

One of the soldiers spoke "Sir, an Aes Sedai bound us and came in, we..." he looked at his fellow guards and hesitated for a moment, "we feared he might of come to harm you and Scylla, and your guest of course." he nodded at Thallan.

"He was here to repramand me about my conduct at the Hall of Servants," He said, then added with a smile "He thought he could keep a wolf like me cooped up in a room, so I left and did some practicing and almost got caught by another Aes Sedai." This brought a few laughs from the soldiers, though mostly nervous ones, a few added "They know nothing of us do they?" most were content with this and left. With the diparture of the soldiers Jon looked at the Stones board he had been playing against Thallan, and losing quite badly. "I think it was your move master Thallan."

Jon

Well, if it doesn't kill you, takes it advice and move on.   

OOC: Ah sorry, my bad. Misread your last post, thought Thallan had left so i typed Jainar all the time ^^;

IC:

With all the excitement in the room, not to mention the change of climate, Scylla was starting to stir again, trying to roll over in her sleep. Unfortunately, her wings got in the way, and she pulled the blanket tighter around herself, muttering about someone stealing the blanket when it was in fact the movement caused by her own wings that threatened to pull the fabric away.

A few minutes later, she contended herself with rolling back on her belly and hugging her pillow with both arms, the angle at which her head was now in causing her to start snoring softly.

Scylla

Close to awakening

OOC: Its alright, Thallan does have a tendancy to look like other people  :P he is just that way it seems. And now, back to the story at hand...(But which hand?)

IC: Jon watched as Scylla stirred with a look of concern that was lighted by her muttering, she would hopeful get used to those wings getting in the way, but in the mean time it was just funny, and cute in its own way to watch. Hopefully she would be awake soon, he did not want to pack up the camp until she did knowing she was almost awake, he wanted to know if she was ready to be transported to Khor Springs. Also the medics would want to know if there was anything they could do to make her more comfortable, they always wanted to help those in need, more so this time. Looking back at the stones board Jon was dismayd to see that Thallan and moved a stone to a place he could not counter. Sighing he moved a stone, knowing the battle was already lost, but unwilling to give up.

Jon

Trying to relax.

Scylla's light snoring stopped for a second, and if Jon was paying attention he would see one crimson eye opening to look at her surroundings. Smiling, she lethargically turned to face him as she was still half asleep.

- "G'morning you... Hmm, had the strangest dream just now..."

She stretched out, yawning from after having slept this long, when she suddenly froze all of a sudden, lifting an edge of the blanket to look down at her body. And pulled the blanket close to her with a speed that send a few tufts of grass flying onto the bedroll, now very much awake and also very much aware of the other person in the tent.

- "Umm... Jon? Where are my clothes?"

"G'morning you... Hmm, had the strangest dream just now..." Jon's heart skipped a beat when he heard Scylla's voice, she was awake, and she was alright. He turned in time to see her wrap the blanket around herself with a speed that made him smile, she was quick. "Umm... Jon? Where are my clothes?" This time he frowned, he had not wanted to recall what she had been put though.

"You were healed of your...special power," Jon said, he got up and walked over to a bundle that Thallan had brought from the Hall of Servants, "I do not now what they did with the clothing I gave you, but I have your cloak, and some new clothing, tailored to fit you." He Rummaged though the bag until he came to a good set of clothing, then got them out and held them out to Scylla, "Here, me and Thallan will go wait outside, you will have to thank him though, he is the one who ordered them." With that he waited to see if she needed anything else before departing.

Jon

happy to see Scylla alright.

Scylla looked at Jon as he answered her, her face lighting up in a smile hearing the good news. She tried to get up, but black spots danced across her vision, making her decide it would be better to lay back down and try again a bit more slowly after a couple of minutes. She eyed the clothes a bit warily though, and looked back and forth between the two men present.

- "...Y'know, i think i'll just nod, and not ask who did the actual tailoring. Something tells me i don't want to know."

The small blush, and the way she pulled the blanket a bit closer around herself would probably tell them what she was thinking anyway, and she really didn't want to start shouting at them even had she had the energy for it. She gave the two of them a look that asked what they were still doing here, though there was no anger in it. After the two of them would have left, she would try to discover just how much that healing had taken out of her reserves.

Scylla

Still a bit dizzy

Jon smiled as Scylla tried to get up and slowly sunk down again to her cot, she was still very weak from the healing and it took most of his willpower to stay were he was and not rush to aid her.

"...Y'know, i think i'll just nod, and not ask who did the actual tailoring. Something tells me i don't want to know." She said as she looked at the clothing with a look that made him almost laugh, he would be weary too if his clothing had been made by Aes Sedai.

"You might not want to at that, but then, I do not have an answer for you" With that he put the clothing down near her, and after she gave him a 'what are you still doing here?' look he ushered himself and Thallan outside with a smile. The guards outside gave him a questioning look and he replied simply, "Women" which got a laugh out of them.

Jon

In a good mood.

OOC: Thallan is currently knee deep in homework he didn't do over the break so don't expect him to post anytime soon.

OOC: Ouch, wish him luck from me <.<

IC:

Though it would be nice to say Scylla patiently waited for Jon and Thallan to leave before getting up, the simple truth was that she was far too exhausted to make another attempt so soon. Her head was still swimming from the last time she had tried. Still, for that same reason she was grateful to Jon for bringing the bundle of clothes to her before walking out of the tent.

She got up, as slowly as she could reaching for the bundle of clothes. From what she could tell, it looked a bit odd with several belts and buttons in strange places, but they had been carefully hidden so as not to be too obvious to the casual onlooker. During the time she took to figure out how to put it on, not to mention get dressed, she made several attempts to stand, but ultimately ended up just dressing herself sitting on top of her bedroll.

Reaching out for a nearby chair, she pulled herself up on it, making it appear as if she simply chose to sit down rather than stand. Taking a couple of deep breaths, she wiped some sweat from her forehead from the effort it had taken her before calling Jon. Or more precisely let Jon and that person called Thallen know it was safe for them to come in again.

Scylla

Pretending she's fine

Jon came back in when Scylla finally called out to let him know it was safe to come back in, though it seemed like it had taken forever but he could not blame her. Coming back in he walked to her and put on a reassuring a smile as he could despite the fact he was worried about her deeply. "How are you feeling?" He asked in a comforting tone, he resisted the urge to go to one knee, there wasn't much room in here anyway no need to take up more space.

Jon

Waiting for an answer. 

Scylla had to take a couple of deep breaths before she could reply, trying to choose her words as she gathered stamina. She hoped Jon would just take it as her needing some time to think about it, but that would just be wishful thinking on her behalf. From what she had seen, the Wolfkin were a perceptive bunch.

- "...Drained, mostly. Everything feels... washed out, like i'm dreaming. It's kind of like... having run for half a day, only without being sore. Hard to explain."

She gave Jon a weak smile to apologise for her lack of wording. After she had been Healed, she felt like she had slept for a week, only judging by how much stamina she had it couldn't have been more than an hour ago. Her brain just didn't seem to work properly, had she always been like that when waking up?

- "Come to think of it... How did we get back here? Did the Aes Sedai take us here after i was Healed?"

Scylla

Thinks it's last week

"...Drained, mostly. Everything feels... washed out, like i'm dreaming. It's kind of like... having run for half a day, only without being sore. Hard to explain." The Aes Sedai had said she would be tired and unable to do much, she had just about proved them right. "It is alright, you dont need to explain," He said with a smile, "The Aes Sedai said you would be tired for a while"

"Come to think of it... How did we get back here? Did the Aes Sedai take us here after i was Healed?" He shook his head, she had been asleep for atleast two weeks, but he could not blame her for not knowing that, the healing had been rough on her. This time he did kneel next to her, and put a hand on her shoulder, "You have been asleep for at least two good weeks in the Hall of Servants," he said "The reasion we are back here, is because one of the Green Ajah got a little too interested in the rooms we had taken over, and the head of the Yellow Ajah thought it better if we move you instead of explain what you were doing there." He hoped he had worded that correctly, most of it had all bunched together in his mind since he had been mostly worrying about her the whole time.

Jon

Explained the best he could.

Scylla watched Jon kneel before her, putting a hand on her shoulder. It felt warm, comfortable, and managed to bring a weak smile to her face as she made an effort to lift her hand to touch his. Jon would note that she was feeling a bit cold, though Scylla was unaware of it herself, still suffering the aftereffects of the mental shock from her Healing.

"You have been asleep for at least two good weeks in the Hall of Servants,"

She blinked, puzzled as if she didn't believe what she had heard. For a moment, she frowned in thought, wanting to ask what day it was, but no words came out. Come to think of it, she had been a prisoner in Aginor's camp for quite a while as well, had lost track of time long before her escape. She bit her lip nervously, looking around for something to fix her eyes on so Jon would not be seeing the doubt and unease in them. And then, she asked the question she knew she wasn't going to enjoy the answer of.

- "Jon... What day is it? A-And the year too, please?"

Scylla

Getting goosebumps

"Jon... What day is it? A-And the year too, please?" her voice was filled with the unease he had been attempting to avoid, he mentally smacked himself for not trying harder to ease her, perhaps if he had worded what he said better. No matter now, all that mattered was answering the question.

"It is the third day of the second weeks since we went to the hall of servants, the same year as when you went to sleep, if a few weeks older then you last remember." He said all of this with as comforting a smile as he could manage, hopefully it would be enough.

Jon

Hopes he answered well.

Scylla winced, tensing a bit as her unease started to seep through more and more. Jon had answered her question, but why was he being dodgy about his answer? For some reason, this made her feel even less comfortable about the answer, because she trusted him to tell her the truth. He was afraid of hurting her, but unless there was more behind it how would he know that it would?

- "Jon, i meant the actual date... Please?"

She let go of his hand, leaning forward to wrap her arms around his neck, yet kept enough distance to keep looking him in the eyes. She kept her voice as steady as she could, but it still trembled with reluctance, doubt, fear... She didn't want to know, but knew she needed to, knew she would sooner or later. And if the answer wasn't one she was expecting, she wanted to hear it from Jon rather than a stranger.

Scylla

Still in doubt

OOC: Ah right, hadn't thought about that... Let me see what i can find.

http://www.sevenspokes.com/chronology/2nd.html

According to the info listed here, the War of the Shadow came at around 300 years into the Second Age, so that and a handful of other years would do i believe.

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Calendar

As for months... Go with the NE names, i reckon, and 28 days to a month. Though the time is a bit off, it should work fairly well.