DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Collecting 'Eye of the World'

Singin Hobo

Through re-readings, losings and re-findings, and loaners I never thought I'd get back but eventually did I found myself one day with four or five copies of Eye of the World and thought, "I wonder how many there are?" And I've set out to fill a shelf with nothing but Eye of the World.

Currently I have the following:

• Full Hardcover
  • Large Paperback
  • Book club HC
  • Starscape two-parter
  • Atom two-parter
  • Unabridged cd
  • PB
  • Atom PB
  • Tor PB reprint
  • Mark Rolston tapes
  • Small 'library' binding
  • 'Part One' free preview sample

So what am I missing of English versions?  I'm not sure if I want to go foreign language or not... how many languages are we talking here?

eyecollection.JPG

Did you actually pay for all this?

Well, I had loaned one out, lost one, and bought a replacement (the loaned book was returned and the lost was found, which I didn't think would happen, they all just happened to be different versions) and then I got the CDs to listen to it because I was going to be traveling... pretty much all of them were acquired at a couple of local used bookstores for really cheap... aside from the first round of purchases they all cost me around $20.

Just a fun little collection.

Where can I download these at? As for copies owned, just a paper back, but I intend to get the hard backs.

audible.com

If you just want the Wheel of Time I'd recommend signing up for the Audible Listener Gold Annual plan, which is 12 credits straight up front for $150... a savings from the CDs of about four or five hundred bucks.

Just make sure you cancel the plan after downloading or you might be in for a surprise next year :)

Archived