DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egeanin's new name, coincidence?

Pevin

I just finished rereading _The Shadow Rising_, and in the beginning of the chapter "Hidden Faces" Egeanin is meeting with her henchman (Gelb) who is supposed to be looking for runaway sul'dam and a'dam. She recounts Gelb's kidnapping of a former noble who resembled one of the runaway sul'dam--her name was the Lady Leilwin. Egeanin had her sent back to Seahchan instead of killing her.

Six books later (_Crossroads of Twilight_), the name reappers in the chapter "A Cluster of Rosebuds." Tuon asks what she (Egeanin) calls herself, and Selucia answers "Leilwin...A fitting name for a shea dancer. Leilwin Shipless, perhaps?" Tuon confirms the name.

My question: can anyone remember Egeanin actually referring to herself as Leilwin before Tuon's confirmation of the name? If not, do you think it is a coincidence that Selucia gives her that particular name? Or is there an unwritten subplot between the kidnapping of the Lady Leilwin and Egeanin receiving that name?

Pevin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. So what does that tell us about Egeanin's character that she would choose the name of a woman whom she was responsible for sending into slavery? I think this is a good example of RJ's subtle and excellent character development.

Thanks. So what does that tell us about Egeanin's character that she would choose the name of a woman whom she was responsible for sending into slavery? I think this is a good example of RJ's subtle and excellent character development.

Wow, nice connection. that's what I love about these books.

Anyone else think that Egeanin and Bayle's arc is over? I got that feeling after KoD.

Guest cwestervelt

Blade is correct.

Mat remembers seeing the Tower of Ghenji, but, due to the Dagger, he doesn't remember where it is. He does remember that Domon is familiar with its location though. Neither Noal nor Thom had any idea where it is. Something tells me Noal actually thought it was down around the Shadow Coast, but I don't remember where I got that from. Probably my own imagination.

Archived