DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"Shai'tan take you!"....or let's just say hi

DhaiMon

Well, greetings there,

Have been lurking around here for some time now, and in the end decided to register. Likely, I'll continue with this attitude, dropping a post here and there where I see fit.  ;)

I've picked this series up some two years ago, and since then could never really let go of it. I can "only" claim to have reread books 1-6 as well as the last two, CoT(because I found certain online ratings to be nothing but ridiculous, to put it mildly) and KoD(this to refresh my memory of what the most recent state of events is in Randland), so no boasting on knowing every single sentence of the book by hard for me  :D.

Anyway, I am looking forward to following further interesting discussions here, and might consider joining some of the RP that seems to be going on here- if I can manage sufficient time for it. I close with another simple, favorite quote of mine:

"The victory of the Light is all!"

Dhai'Mon

So here'e my attempt to sum up your intro.  Ya know, for those of us with a little less upstairs... *nods towards Empy picking his boogers*

You said...

"Hi, I'm a random newbie who either picked out a trolloc name or I'm from Jamaica and I'll let you all be the shotcallers on this one since I deserve your every waking bit of attention.  I've really just been floating around the room evesdropping on your conversations for some time now but I think I've deemed you worthy enough to have me occasionally grace your boards with my deep insight.  The books were okay for me, but once i get past six I really have to force myself to read them, kind of like eating carrots at this point.  Anyway if I'm really bored and have nothing better to do I might come hang out and post.  Until then dueces ya'll."

I think I caught most of the nuances.

Anyway Hi, I'm Justen.

JD,

Big fan of Peanut Butter since 1983

Well now...

Hi, I'm Justen.

Hi back.

"Hi, I'm a random newbie who either picked out a trolloc name or I'm from Jamaica and I'll let you all be the shotcallers on this one since I deserve your every waking bit of attention.

No, I'm not from Jamaica. ;)

That specific clan's name was the first to come to mind...then again, Ahf'frait does sound more badass, although it likely seems more random to most people and all that and they might get it wrong more often than not. Anyhow, I'm "stuck" with it now.

I've really just been floating around the room evesdropping on your conversations for some time now but I think I've deemed you worthy enough to have me occasionally grace your boards with my deep insight.

It's my usual posting attitude on any board, really. My days of post-counter obsessiveness are long gone.

As for the latter...well, if you wish to put it that way...I do not claim to have any deep insight, though.

The books were okay for me, but once i get past six I really have to force myself to read them, kind of like eating carrots at this point.

Not quite, no. I enjoyed the later parts of the series as much as the first six. At the time of my reread of TEoTW to LoC I didn't have my shipment of ACoS to WH yet. I usually don't reread books, but if I do then it's a sure sign that I rather liked them a lot. I myself wonder why I haven't done a complete reread of parts seven to nine...might get around to that though since I already reread CoT and KoD.

So far...

Whoa whoa... you mean you dont spam just to fill up your post count so you feel superior over those that hardly post and might even have a life?

Crazy yo.  I kind of skipped  everything else you said cause I got lazy... fell asleep... drooled a little on my desk and woke up and replied. 

Btw... Seanchan org is the most fun. 

Archived