DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blessings of the day to you all

athena

My name is Athena and I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself, I have been reading the forums for a while now and decided I should finally register. The Wheel of Time series is my favorite series ever, and I have probably read them 3 or 4 times already and planning to start again soon! Since most of my friends don't enjoy fantasy and scifi reading I never get to discuss these wicked awesome books, which I'm always eager to do, so hey!!!

hello, and welcome as a member of DM! :D i know you'll have even more fun here when you start posting. hehe... htis is a great place to come and discuss the books, and we have something in common then cause neithr of my friends or even my bf thinks its even alittle interesting :P heheah well, thats life.. hehe.. looking foreward to seing you on the boards!! :D

Guest TheDemigod

Hey and welcome to dragonmount!

i hope you'll have a great time here, and please do come by the yellow ajah boards for a chat!

Guest TheDemigod

eh, help my dad move from one house to another :P

lotso unpacking to do ^^

and yourself?

Thanks for the warm welcome :D and Demigod you just hang in there! the more people there are to help the faster the unpacking will go! I'm stuck at work :cry: today but I will check the boards as often as possible to make the day bearable!

Welcome to DM!!!

I am going to say you have one heck of a cool name/handle! Athena is my favourite Greek diety...she is just so awesome!

Anyway, have fun here at DM...check everything that is available out, like The Band of the Red Hand! ;)

Just don't get too addicted like some of us are! :lol:

Guest Egwene

hmmm, eight posts already... I think your warning came too late, Corki

Hi Athena... like Corki, I think your name is fantastic! Does this mean you are interested in greek mythology or just liked the name??

Come and visit fiddlesticks some time... great for chilling out... and vote in the Asmo thread on the book discussion boards :D

Don't work too hard!!

Hey Athena, I'm Maria, and I'm the Blue Ajah Head. Welcome to DM, it's great to see that new people still take an interest in our lovely site.

I'm assuming you've already decided which organizations you're going to be a member of, and if you've chosen the White Tower, then good for you! =) Do stop by the Blue Ajah, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Hi you guys :D Thanks for the compliment! Actually I am Greek and Athena is my real name I can't think of myself with any other name so I always use it. I do love Greek mythology though my parents made go to Greek school for 6 years so I learned everything there is to know about that stuff! I haven't yet joined an organization but I know I want to join the White Tower. As far as getting addicted I think its too late! ha ha ha lol

That is awesome!!!

I did an unit on Greek Mythology this year as part of my Classics Studies at university!! It was very interesting, even if there was so much to learn and know for the end of year exam! lol!

Greek (ok...Ancient Greek) is definitely the best language in the world...some of the word sounds you get in the poetry is just brilliant!!! English is just plain boring in comparison!

I agree with you Corki although I am bias but even with modern Greek I find there are some things I can express better or w/ more meaning in Greek than I can in English even though I was born in America, but my parents didn't speak anything but Greek at home and still do mostly, oh they throw in English in between and it is funny hearing them say certain things, my sister and I make my mom say certain words that sound funny over and over again and we all have a good laugh, luckily for us my mom doesn't mind! lol

Archived