spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

noted, added tuon as well, just one vote each tho, even tho that is harder out of so many good characters.

For me it is Rand, he drew me into the series, just a sheep herder who might save the world, love so many characters, and how they have developed, but will have too go with the person who RJ created too make me buy more than one book and thats Rand

None of my choices were there--Cadsuane, Moiraine, Mat, Bashere, Sorilea, Verin, Amys, Pevara.

Tuon's pretty cool though.

When i've been through the differebt topics it seemed like most people have Mat as their favourite which is why i didn't include him. The jury is still out on if Bashere is a Good/Bad guy, apart from that Luckers i notice you have quite a soft spot for strong older women ;)

When i've been through the different topics it seemed like most people have Mat as their favourite which is why i didn't include him. The jury is still out on if Bashere is a Good/Bad guy, apart from that Luckers i notice you have quite a soft spot for strong older women ;)
So you decided to find out who everyones favourite character was by leaving the person most likely to win off the list? And where's Pedron Niall?

I cant really decide between Tuon and Egwene. Tuon is just awesome, and I think there's alot more to her than we know now. Egwene has gone from stubborn and hotheaded to be a very strong person, and the best chance for the WT to survive the last battle.

Of course there are things that annoy me with both, but more so with Egwene. She has ways of learning everything she wants to, but will rather base her decitions on rumors and reports from Eyes and Ears instead of going directly to the source. She should send delegations to all rulers (not in Seanchan areas ofcourse) to not only learn what they're up to, but also where their allegiance lie. Its just so annoying that she doesnt use her possibilities properly! I know her main priority is to heal the WT, but that doesnt mean practiclly ignore the rest of the world, and most definately not Rand.

When I first started reading TEOTW, I thought Mat or Thom was going to be my favorite character but Rand quickly stole my heart.

I have always greatly admired people who are self-sacrificing and Rand is ALWAYS thinking about others before himself. He is very loyal to his friends but understands that sometimes for the greater good, sacrifices need to be made. He is a sweetie to children, as in those two young boys in Tear in KoD, and he is patient with the elderly like Fel(that old dude in the Cairhein Academy that was torn apart). I loved how he tried to find something positive to say to that man who was building the steam engine even when he had no idea what it was. He is only firm to those who he feels he must but or else they will either walk on him or disobey an order, or use him. He is a good-looking man but is still a true gentleman and is not cocky. He has never yelled at Nynaeve but treats her like an older sister.

I could go on but I don't want this post to get too long(unless anyone wants me to continue).

Guest Dreadlord

I havent picked any because I have several favorite characters. Rand, Mat, Nynaeve, Moiraine, Cadsuane, Logain and Narishma are all favorites of mine.

PS Whats the point in opening a poll, if you dont allow the answer that you think would win? Its like saying "Lets have a race! First place doesnt count though!"

I protest your list, Min and Aviendha are not on it, and i most certinly would protest Perrin being on any list that includes the Good guys.  Perrin was ready for the whole pattern to unwind because of Faile, he is not good at all, he is worse than any Forsaken, and any darkfriend in the books.

My write in vote, since Mat is out is Min.

I protest your list, Min and Aviendha are not on it, and i most certinly would protest Perrin being on any list that includes the Good guys.  Perrin was ready for the whole pattern to unwind because of Faile, he is not good at all, he is worse than any Forsaken, and any darkfriend in the books.

Perrin is more important to the Pattern than anyone else (excluding Rand[who's the most important] and Mat[who's as important as Perrin]) for the "successful" (i.e. good) outcome of TG. So I find that statement of yours outrageously out of place. (And yes, I am one of those 3 who voted for Perrin if you wonder why your post ticked me off :))

Perrin is more important to the Pattern than anyone else (excluding Rand[who's the most important] and Mat[who's as important as Perrin]) for the "successful" (i.e. good) outcome of TG. So I find that statement of yours outrageously out of place. (And yes, I am one of those 3 who voted for Perrin if you wonder why your post ticked me off :))

Weather or not it made you upset or not, is of no matter. The fact is Perrin was willing to let the world be taken over by the dark one. There is no exuse for his behavior at all.  It made me sick reading about how nothing matters to him if Falie died.  He is slime, he is worse than any Freind of the dark, and I hope he dies a slow and hopefuly a very painful death in the last book.

It made me mad that Perrin who started off as a solid person, turned into the horrible person he was through out the latter part of the series.  He should have been willing to let her die to save the world, but to him she was more improtant than all those kids in the two rivers that would have died had he not lived through what happend. It can be argued that, that was what RJ had planed.  But you will never change the fact that Perrin was willing to not only let those kids he fought for die, but every other child in the world.

I was in shock at how willing he was to let the world die, he new what he had to do. 

It made me mad that Perrin who started off as a solid person, turned into the horrible person he was through out the latter part of the series.  He should have been willing to let her die to save the world, but to him she was more improtant than all those kids in the two rivers that would have died had he not lived through what happend. It can be argued that, that was what RJ had planed.  But you will never change the fact that Perrin was willing to not only let those kids he fought for die, but every other child in the world.

I was in shock at how willing he was to let the world die, he new what he had to do.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills. Who are you to say that this development of Perrin's character isn't as important as Mat marrying the bloody daughter of the nine moons?

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills. Who are you to say that this development of Perrin's character isn't as important as Mat marrying the bloody daughter of the nine moons?

The difference is that Perrin and Faile suck.  ;D

The difference is that Perrin and Faile suck.  ;D

Myeah.. I've been thinking of quitting this community for a few days now and it seems the time has come. Too few if any seem to share my views of WoT so I guess my thread doesn't belong in this Pattern along with the threads of y'all. Have fun finishing the series!

The difference is that Perrin and Faile suck.   ;D

Myeah.. I've been thinking of quitting this community for a few days now and it seems the time has come. Too few if any seem to share my views of WoT so I guess my thread doesn't belong in this Pattern along with the threads of y'all. Have fun finishing the series!

Whoa... It was a joke, man...  Seriously, I'm not a fan of Perrin and Faile, but that doesn't mean you have to quit DM...

There are so many strong emotions concerning how Perrin has turned into a bad guy or vice versa and so many about Faile and what is wrong.  I (being married and love my wife with all my heart) would do ANYTHING to get her back if she was taken from me! I would sell my soul, make bargains with the wrong side, and probably kill for her (hope it never happens).

And for all of those who take one statement and slam Perrin for saying the dark one could win as long as he gets Faile, you should know that Perrin has always been the most loyal and realize as soon as Faile was safe that he would go back to helping Rand in any way he could. If I was in his shoes, I would have said the same thing UNTILL I  got her back then I would go right back to Rand.

Stupid me I forgot to answer the question. My favorite character besides Mat is Loial, I love a person so gentle and kind and a great love for reading I might add, can see injustice and turn into a great fighter and a strong hero.

Archived