DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Book Question?

Azreader

Got a question for you all learned readers.

My girl has been reading the twilight series by Stephanie Myer, and while intersting seems a bit juvenile and romantic for my tastes. The thing is vampire books and movies interest me, so my question is does anyone know of any good vampire books or preferably a series. Only thing is that it to be an adult vampire theme not young adult or anything like that. Also if it has as little romantic mumbo jumbo as possible.

Thank you friends!

Those are both great books - and on a related note, Hellsing Ultimate 4 just came out. ;)

Also, there is a free web serial called 13 Bullets by David Wellington that definitely takes things in a different direction than Twilight! Like I said, it's free and it's awesome, so just google the title or the author and you'll be able to find it. The thrid book in that series, called Vampire Zero, just came out today.

Those are both great books - and on a related note, Hellsing Ultimate 4 just came out. ;)

i saw that!  i remember reading an article a few months ago saying the series might be discontinued, or at least not released in english in NA, i was pretty stoked to see that it was finally out.....  i'd have ordered it already by my wife/CFO has issued edicts to limit frivolous spendings.....  it's killin' me, man.

I was looking at Rice's books how do they add up to my credentials? as In I think part of it is a love story bout do they go a bit in depth about vampires and such?

Sorry, I was out of town for a while.  I think that you would really like this series.  The first one is, as the title implies, a vampire being interviewed by a journalist and he tells his whole life story.  How he becomes a vampire, outliving his family, adjusting, etc.  The third one is especially good as it goes into a story about the origins of vampires.  The second one, I felt was just ok but the other two are very much worth the time.

• 1 month later...

yeah, i highly recomend the anne rice books. Interview with a vampire and vampire lestat are my favorite but they are all good and no corny romance. also dracula is a must for any vampire fan. but another great one is I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. it's an amazingly well written post apocalyptic vampire book. It's actually very different from the two movies...

• 3 weeks later...

There is also the Vampire Hunter D series.  The first book is essentially an extended version of the original anime, and the 3rd is Bloodlust.  Book 2 is also pretty good b/c it goes into D's past a bit more.  There are like 8 or 10 of them now and the rest i havent read, but, especially w/ the first one, these books are sweet.

Also, is the Hellsing Ultimate series much different from the original TV series?  i believe that I have part 1 of it, but havent kept up, and it, if I remember correctly, was very similar to the TV series.

you could also look for Caramilla. (i think thats how its spelled.)  its not as famous as Dracula, but it gets great reviews.  its on my list of stuff to read.

HI if you are looking for paranormal vampire romance type stuff (adult) there is lots of fun stuff out there.

the Dark-hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, the the Carpathians series by Christine Feehan, and one I read recently call half way in the grave or some thing like that by Jeaniene Frost.

On the bit more serious side ther is Elizabeth Kostova's Historian - a great vampire book!

hope you have fun reading

• 2 weeks later...

Archived