11 members have voted

1. 1. do you think it was worthy?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe
    • not
    • maybe of pie...
    • or spam...

This was brought up on the temporary DM boards, and I thought I would resurrect the discussion.

Certain parts of fantasy have words to describe their fans. The one that springs to my mind is Star Trek and Trekkies. But what are fans of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series called?

I am going to use the two popular names used from the temp. board discussion, which was WoTers and Jordanites.

So, the question is, are we WoTers (which I believe we are) or Jordanites? Or something else?

I will be setting a poll up with three options.

1. WoTers

2. Jordanites

3. Other (please specify when you post)

And of course, being part of DM, we are DMers! No debate is needed for that!

Jordanite is easier to say, but I believe WoTer is more descriptive. More of us are fans of WoT than of Jordan. I mean, we've all read WoT, but how many have read his Conan or Fallon series?

haha, definitely WoTist :D

But between the two options given I would say it has to be WoTers. I don't know about you guys, but I personally have never read any of Jordan's other work...although his upcoming series(Infinity of Heaven?) does look interesting and I'll probably check it out.

I'm for "just about anything except Jordanites"

I mean, seriously, have any of you actually read Conan or Fallon? i HAVE, and if he had never written tWoT, I wouldn not give him the time of day as an author.

I am definitly a WoT fan, not a fan of RJ (though I do like the fella!).

I vote for WoTever. :-)

I'm for "just about anything except Jordanites"

I mean' date=' seriously, have any of you actually read Conan or Fallon? i HAVE, and if he had never written tWoT, I wouldn not give him the time of day as an author.

I am definitly a WoT fan, not a fan of RJ (though I do like the fella!).

I vote for WoTever. :-)[/quote']

yeah, those fallon books..... man, way to many LURID sex scenes for my comfort, and am i the only one who found that reading the second and third books was much like reading the first book, but with the names changed?

Archived