DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

13 Fades

algspkr

I am in the middle of a reread.  I just read "Threads Woven of Shadow" is LoC and something occured to me about Sammeal's thought's of Graendal:

Sammeal sometimes wondered about her.  He had never met her until he chose to...follow the Great Lord, but everyone knew of her, famous and honored a dedicated ascetic...  At that first meeting...every trace of that abstemious benefactor was gone, as if she had deliberately become the opposite of everything she had been before.

Which if I remember correctly is how RJ described the behavior of someone forcably turned to the shadow.  If anyone can find that quote I would much appreaciate it.  I spent a while trying to track it down, but couldn't.

I like the title of this thread. Relevant, while not misleading.

Anyway, taken from the wiki page on Graendal: "Her downfall came in her perfectionism. She was highly critical in person and no one could live up her standards because they were simply too high. Disappointed of her subjects, she turned to the Shadow, becoming the second person to swear her soul in allegiance to the Dark One."

She could not have been turned against her will simply because she went to the Shadow before Aginor created the Trollocs and Fades.

That she was the second person to swear her soul is unlikely and never stated in the books besides. But she did swear before Semirhage, and Semirhage discovered the trick... so that stands as its own proof.

Besides i think alot of her... largesse... is put on to make people disreguard her. In every other way she remains as self-contained as she used to be, the overt displays she makes seems too specific to not be intentional.

Archived